• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Tomoraider's Campaign Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

I doubt that he'll be making anything soon. Campaigns are exhausting, so he'll probably take some rest.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Solutions to the riddle from RotBE here! Only now do I realise it may have been too hard...

Main riddle: While the _____ watches on, these _____ without substance _____ in and out.

First word:

You get 3 riddles: I grow and I shrink, I push and I pull.

To wild things I am an idol, to the tamed ones I am a warning. To the poet I am a woman's much missed face, and to the cynic I am a lone, ever-watching eye. In reality I am a reflection, so what am I?

Though I embrace darkness, even I can be shrouded by it.

The solution of all three is moon.

Second word:

The answer is the other way.

Dzi
Olhg
Ulitv
Ivzo
Fmvmwrmt
Wvzgsh

It's the alphabet reversed. When you reverse the letters, you get:

War
Lost
Forge
Real
Unending
Deaths

Then, the word is hidden in a diagonal so you get worlds. (this is the way too hard part, for some reason I didn't realise it wouldn't be easy to figure out. I should have given a better hint.)

Third word:

2 - 4 - __

1 - 5 - 1 - 25 - 1 - 8 - __

256 - 64 - 16 - __

4 - 7, 9 - 12, 2 - __

There is a pattern in each of these. So you get 6 in the first line (just add 2), 1 in the second (it's 1 then another number, 1 then a number which repeats), 4 in the third (divide each number by 4 and you get 4 at the end) and 5 in the fourth (add 3 to each number).
Then, you change the numbers you get with letters in order they are in alphabet. 6 is F, 1 is A, 4 is D and 5 is E, so you get fade.

Final solution:

So, the final riddle is: While the moon watches on, these worlds without substance fade in and out.

And the final solution is dreams. Which is a nod to the fact that Emerald Dream will be making an appearance in Shadow of Blood.

Well I'll be damn. Out of these the only one I'm sure I would have solved is the third one. Maybe the first too but that would've taken me way too long. The second one though is impossible to solve. I'll be sure to give this to my friends. Fantastic idea though, really neat :). Though next time, give more hints when it's as complicated as the 2nd. Personally, I feel there is no real way to give a good ambiguous hint to the 2nd since everybody understands things in a different manner thus what makes sense to you might confuse the crap out of me and vice versa :D. In any case, this is certainly inspirational for me. Cheers.

Level 26
Well I'll be damn. Out of these the only one I'm sure I would have solved is the third one. Maybe the first too but that would've taken me way too long. The second one though is impossible to solve. I'll be sure to give this to my friends. Fantastic idea though, really neat :). Though next time, give more hints when it's as complicated as the 2nd. Personally, I feel there is no real way to give a good ambiguous hint to the 2nd since everybody understands things in a different manner thus what makes sense to you might confuse the crap out of me and vice versa :D. In any case, this is certainly inspirational for me. Cheers.

Yeah, for some reason I thought the 2nd riddle wouldn't be so hard. It's quite insanely hard, LOL. Make sure to tell me if your friends solve it or not. :>

Level 26
Unfortunately, I'm quite busy right now and even when I have free time and want to do something on my computer, I'd rather do something else than work on the campaign.

There's also a chance that Shadow of Blood might never even be completed. CotF and RotBE were a lot of fun because I loved working with those races and characters. Unfortunately, I don't really feel the same way about SoB or any other races and characters and I'm starting to lose interested in Warcraft 3. I achieved what I wanted with my two campaigns and SoB just doesn't feel the same. And this year I'm much more busier than before, so there's that. Either I'll never finish it or it will probably take a long long time.

Level 12
That is sad Tomorider, and you are right , best to work on what you like the best, also you are a horde fan so maybe an horde campaign match better that an night elves campaign.
Have a nice day !

Level 3
CotF and RotBE were a lot of fun because I loved working with those races and characters. Unfortunately, I don't really feel the same way about SoB or any other races and characters and I'm starting to lose interested in Warcraft 3. I achieved what I wanted with my two campaigns and SoB just doesn't feel the same.

I perfectly understand your Blood Elf/Forsaken favouritism as I have exactly the same feelings about those two races. And you achieved more than I could ever dream. Now, when WC3 is slowly fading away, it is only due to your effort that we have that perfect Blood Elven campaign, and I couldn't find any other with such a theme. The Verdant Spheres on the UI alone are bloody amazing! ^^

Level 26
Hi all, I thought I'd post a little update. I think I might start working on Warcraft 3 campaigns again, but I have not decided yet if I'll work on Shadow of Blood or something else. At the moment, I'm doing some bug fixes and changes for RotBE and CotF, but we'll see what I'll do after that.

EDIT: If someone has any suggestions if some things in RotBE could be changed to better reflect changes from CotF v2.0, feel free to drop an idea or something.

Level 26
Thanks, but I meant like small changes, for example, I changed couple of minor stuff in Chapter Three so the side quest where you have to kill less than 50 blood elves makes more sense.

Actually that has nothing to do with CotF related changes, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Level 26
Guys, guys. I finally fixed the draenei AI. It was the portal that spawned next to their base that trained demons caused them not to build anything! If the draenei arrived after that portal, they wouldn't build anything! I have no idea why that portal was the problem, but I just moved it somewhere else and then they worked!

Level 15
Honestly I am OK whit few bug fixes, but I think you should spend your time on the next campaign, because these two are already nearly perfect ! Just my 2 cents...

Level 26
Shadow of Blood update!

Hi all! So I finally have a real update concerning Shadow of Blood. I have just roughly finished today how the story of SoB should flow. At the moment, it seems it will be 15 playable maps and couple of more interludes. Of course, it's possible that this number changes in the future. So, it's gonna be a biiiiiig campaign, it seems.

However, considering how big the story of Cataclysm is and how many characters are involved, that means I won't be able to focus on a specific character or a relationship between characters like I did in RotBE and CotF. I'll try if I can, but I don't think there's gonna be a lot of that. The story of SoB will be more focused on the story itself, considering how big it is, not on the characters.

Also, SoB will most likely not have a custom character. There just doesn't seem to be any place for one. There's already a lot of characters involved and adding another one would just complicate things.

Anyway, yeah, that's about it concerning the story of SoB. Maybe more updates soon? We'll see.

Level 15
Shadow of Blood update!

Hi all! So I finally have a real update concerning Shadow of Blood. I have just roughly finished today how the story of SoB should flow. At the moment, it seems it will be 15 playable maps and couple of more interludes. Of course, it's possible that this number changes in the future. So, it's gonna be a biiiiiig campaign, it seems.

However, considering how big the story of Cataclysm is and how many characters are involved, that means I won't be able to focus on a specific character or a relationship between characters like I did in RotBE and CotF. I'll try if I can, but I don't think there's gonna be a lot of that. The story of SoB will be more focused on the story itself, considering how big it is, not on the characters.

Also, SoB will most likely not have a custom character. There just doesn't seem to be any place for one. There's already a lot of characters involved and adding another one would just complicate things.

Anyway, yeah, that's about it concerning the story of SoB. Maybe more updates soon? We'll see.

:ogre_hurrhurr:

Status
Not open for further replies.