• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test)

801.1.jpg

A party of up to 6 brave heroes travel in search of the great tomb of Jarahcon. On their way they meet fierce beasts and friendly guides to aid them on their treacherous journey.

-8 hero classes, each with their own unique advantages and playstyle.
-Fully customized Attribute point system, integrating, not only strength, agility and intelligence, but 8 more characteristics which enhances your heroes ability strengths.
-33 (total, not all accessable in one game) stages of immensely differing terrain types, from the lush marsh near Nollen pier to the fiery pits of Jarahcon's tomb.
-Fully customized item system, introducing common, uncommon, rare and ancient items. Weapon and armor upgrades that actively increases different aspects of your heros, damage, attack speed, critical chance, magic reduction, the list goes on.

Overall an immensely challenging team based RPG dungeon crawler that requires players to work together, or die in discord.

More

The Tempest Peak (Stage 5)

Inner Arcaanum (Final Stage)

Ancient Cave (Bonus Stage 7)

Total Map View

Nollen Pier (Start)

The Dead End (Bonus Stage 2)

Rune System

Nurg's Lair (Level 3)

This is a protected map, but should you have any ideas or suggestions post them in the comments. You can also request an unprotected version of the map!

Xenoche (the original Author) stopped this project and I (LotK) am allowed to continue it

Bugfixes said:
•Fixed Stun system
•Fixed bugs in almost all classes
•Fixed hero information and hero bar
•Fixed missing sounds
•Fixed certain buffs having the wrong color

Additions said:
•Added miniboss and elite spawn system
•Added special miniboss themes
•Added dynamic player based difficulty
•Added boss slayer rewards
•Added unit sounds
•Added magic attack modifiers
•Added class specific weapons (still more to come!)
•Added new items

Changes said:
•Updated stage 0-2
•Changed hero soundsets
•Changed healing system to allow negative healing debuffs
•Changed Paladin model and primary ability
•Reworked unit spawn system and semi-random unit abilities
•Reduced the amount of exp given by units in the first stages
•Rebalanced most items and item costs
•Reduced monster hp bonus from difficulty

Removed said:
•Removed most memes

Known Bugs said:
•Damage and Speech text has the wrong Font (unfixable, you have to restart the map)
•Slow from Attack modifier is permanent
•Some FX is shown too short, because it is instantly cleaned up (especially smileys and splatter)

Needs Feedback said:
•Lighting Level brightness

Keywords:
ToJ, Tomb of Jarahcon, RPG, LotK, Xenoche, Dungeon, Crawler, Awesome, Best map ever!
Contents

Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0 (test) (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael - [Contact] Date: 2012/May/28 12:44:59 Comment: [Approved] Adding a review and a rating! View comment with review Resource Moderation - Rules 01:05, 27th Sep 2009 ap0calypse: Approved Definitely a good addition to the...
Level 3
Then you might be happy about the new Sorceress

I feel like releasing a closed testing version soon, so if you want to be in it, PM me with a reason for that.

I mostly need feedback about the hero changes, but i guess anything is fine

oo a new character? wow! :D you are really tempting me alot... dropped you a pm. :D

Level 8
Updates:

I am still looking for tester, so hurry up guys

Today i was adding a new dialog system that kills the hassle of the old hero selection dialog and makes it incredible easy to create new dialogs.
To the user this makes no difference, but to me that opens a new possibility in making fast and easy NPC dialogs, so that you might be able to chose the storyline and answer to NPCs etc.
That also works great with the new in game smiles ;)

I realized my weird, but great idea of switching modes via autocast abilities.
The Sorceress spell Elemental Power (W) is a good example of this.
It grants you a fire and an ice state, that you can toggle any time. While in ice state, you gain a permanent bonus to mana and it lets you cast a frost nova that damages and slows enemies in an AoE.
In fire state, you gain a permanent bonus to health and can cast a meteor spell that stuns and damages enemies.

So, this is basically 2 spells in one slot that also give a passive bonus, but you can not have both of them at the same time
ep_ice_state.png

ep_fire_state.png

Last edited:
Level 1
I really like the idea of having several "states" of abilities. It will surely make those heros much more interesting to play as you have to decide which abilities are most useful in the current situation.
Looking forward to play one of this heros !

Level 8
Okay guys, I finished the new systems so far and fixed all bugs with them :p (some still remain, I have not yet decided how/if I solve them, because they are just minor)

Anyways, It now is really fast to make the missing Hero Remakes ;)

Sadly I get a strange bug from time to time. Something sometimes messes up the war3map.j, the Trigger data. It adds random characters into random lines so that in the end I get compiler errors like 'Cannot find Function GetTriggerUAnit()' (just an example here..)

Currently I am buffing the Ranger a bit, changing some abilities here and there, but I cannot say it is a complete remake of the class.
The Ranger now has some interesting new game mechanics.

Q now adds a stacking movement speed debuff on the target, that also increases damage of the next Q for each stack.

W now scales a little with the Perception stat (remember, it increases field of view and attack range) and as a physical attack, can apply on hit effects like knockback.

E combines Powershot and Magic Missile for greater utility

R basically stays the same, except it is now stat dependent and has a lower base stun duration etc....

D now 'permanently' summons a hawk that deals stat based damage and on level 5 can give an attack speed buff on up to 3 allies at the same time.

Game difficulty has been increased drastically as i noticed and i have yet to see if that is too much or not.
For instance: I was not yet able to defeat the first boss alone in single player, but I guess the barbarian still can do that... just gotta finish him^^
E: assassin can :p with like 150 damage at level 4 and some pots its easy^^

Last thing that i forgot:
The new version will be named Tomb of Jarahcon v2.0

E2: Barbarian remake is in testing and debugging stage atm

Last edited:
Level 2
Where can I doenload the Graphic MOD for this map? The link leads to nothing.
Graphic mod was really good, new hero's skins etc. Plz add it again. Health bar below the caracter is good godsend.

Last edited:
Level 3
Me and my friends tried to play this on garena. It was awesome until the fps lag kicked in

Level 20
I had a Desync playing with a Holy Clergy, Druid and a Wizard, on the centaur maps (after the town). We were lvl 9.

Also, I really dislike the custom HP and Mana bars, Aren't easy to see.

Level 8
Me and my friends tried to play this on garena. It was awesome until the fps lag kicked in

when?

I had a Desync playing with a Holy Clergy, Druid and a Wizard, on the centaur maps (after the town). We were lvl 9.

Also, I really dislike the custom HP and Mana bars, Aren't easy to see.

what did you or your friends do right before that happened?

Level 20
The Druid casted The Growth skill and the Tornado. It was the only noticeable thing we were doing. Also, in another game, i played with the Druid and casted the tornado and it lagged a lot for about 10 seconds. Basicaly, the game froze because of the lag caused by it. I think that you must find a better way to code the unit movement with the tornado :)

EDIT:

IN another game, i started with the Multiboard completely screwd up. Only Image squares and some text where there.

In anothe game, i just started and wasnt able to move nor do anything

In another game, a friend started and wasn't able to pick heroes, saying that he needed 0 leader points.

The last game, I had a Wc3 Fatal Error after being revived.

EDIT:

I'm going to play 1.17c version, since it's a lot more stable. I Hope you can work these bugs around.

Last edited:
Level 20
Playing the 1.17c I was able to end the game nicely with 3 friends. No bugs, no problems, no laggy abilities. Fighter, Barbarian, Paladin, and Wizard. Of course, Easy dificulty.

Version 2.0 is harder, which is nice, but it's too buggy :(.

@Ocelot, FPS which gradually increases is caused due to memory leaks in triggering. Map makers should always clean whatever they do on their triggers to avoid this lag, otherwise, it remains there as garbage... Is not for your computers to blame, since we're able to play Dota on WTF mode with 10 players casting insanely fast a lot of abilities... and don't lag.

Level 3
found a bug that when i type -gold it causes fatal error

another bug that does not show hp/mp bar after being revived

unfair for the 5th stage (song of the ice) that 1 hit K.O my wizard with 400+hp

Last edited:
Level 8
I fixed all reported and unreported bugs known to me at this point except those

IN another game, i started with the Multiboard completely screwd up. Only Image squares and some text where there.

In anothe game, i just started and wasnt able to move nor do anything

In another game, a friend started and wasn't able to pick heroes, saying that he needed 0 leader points.

The last game, I had a Wc3 Fatal Error after being revived.

I guess i can do something about the mutiboard, but the other bugs seem rather random?

Also there should be real issue with memory leaks, but i also removed a few more :p (didnt know about player forces) I also tried this system. Kept saying like 99% leaks removed by user and the rest by the system, but it was only in single player.
Lag on the Tornado spell must be caused by the knockback system so I will see what i will do there...

To investigate remaining bugs in multi player, random errors and such stuff I really need to have someone i can test that stuff with (which happens way too rare imo)

@Spartipilo happy with the bars above the unit instead of below?

Level 20
@CBX Entertainment: yeah, they seem kinda random. I would have loved to know what causes them, but didn't pay atention, otherwise I would have said it right away.

The thing about the custom bars is that they dissapear sometimes from below the heroes if they are too far away from the camera target (center of screen). Also, they require coding and constant moving (which slows scripts and may increase fps). BTW, they display the health, which is exactly the same WC3 Health Bar does, so displaying only the mana bar (doesn't matter if they are over or under the hero) and rely on WC3 Health bar may be better and reduce the script length.

I'm not that good with coding, but I worked a lot with GUI, some custom scripts (mostly for leak removing) and system I used on my RPG project (signature). I may be able to help you testing, coding, or fixing leaks if you like.

I'm from Venezuela, so i'm on GMT -04:30

Level 3

Maybe because he loaded a negative points code

Level 8

Maybe because he loaded a negative points code

lol :D obviously because of that!

So I guess the loading somehow got bugged.. I didnt like it in the first place. Replacing it however means all codes will be useless, but since point generation is different in 2.0 and it is after all 2.0 i guess that is a point people can live with.

E: Atm I am still using global variables in the triggers, but i just recently found out that warcraft can use those cool local ones :)
So, can any experienced coder tell me that it will be much faster and better than all those bad globals?

Level 20
Well.. CBX, depends on what do you mean with "all those globals". usually Points, Integers, Reals just require 1 or 2 Globals. Why would you need so many globals for? Locals can only be used inside that only trigger, and using them requires creating-using-cleaning. Globals don't bug at all, just requires more memory...

Honestly, I don't understand xD But I may be able to look at the trigger/codes and help you with something.

Level 3
BUGGED get fatal error after finishing stage 7
and WHAT THE HECK i up 2k+point and cant save?!

oh my goodness, it makes me does't wan to play anymore

Level 3
lol didnt get to test barbarian at all.

btw, you forgot to completely close your tags for your nollen pier and nurg's lair screenshots.

for multiboards, maybe try repick your hero again? but if it does not work, then just minimise the thing.

just back from exams, now gonna test the pre-release version! ^^

Level 1
Do the armor upgrades work? I played solo(online) with Druid and got no extra armor or dmg reduction% when successful.

Also WC III got a fatal error at The Fire Stage(the long rectangular one).
It occured when I attacked the ruins in the middle of the map.
At the same time a large summon died(timer ran out) and a rock came crashing down near me.

Level 8
Do the armor upgrades work? I played solo(online) with Druid and got no extra armor or dmg reduction% when successful.

Yes it works. Only a certain attribute of armor upgraders increase your damage reduction

What do you guys think about skillshot and missile based abilities instead of targeted abilities?

e.g. Holy Bolt becomes a missile instead of a targeted spell.

Level 1
Yes it works. Only a certain attribute of armor upgraders increase your damage reduction

I see what I was missing. It got changed, so it doesn't give armor anymore.
Also you don't see the changes on the hero itself, only on the multiboard.
And on the multiboard it is hard to figure it all out.

Level 8
Level 1
successful armor upgrades after the first give nothing? i checked the multiboards, and the stat (imbue level, etc.) is not increasing. tried on both solo and multiplay.

Level 2
Hello, I was abstinent of WC3 for a long time now. I didn't thought someone will continue with TOJ. Well Iam very suprised someone did :D.
I like the new UI-changes, but why did u raise the prices for the certain units like tank to 999.. xp? I have alot of xp like 14k but I will never afford that.
Will there be an update soon?

Last edited:
Level 3
u wanted Feedback on the hero changes ?
i find them rly bad :vw_sad: specially the Barbarian , and i can't find the shaman in the Menu :vw_wtf:
i rly hope u will fix that soon ,cuz i rly :ogre_love: ToJ