• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

To the Bitter End

This bundle is marked as director's cut. It exceeds all expectations and excels in every regard.

To the Bitter End
v1.0.08
Created by Soul Reaver

120812-albums5014-picture50579.jpg

Introduction:

For centuries, the people of the Plane of Ithia have suffered under the iron-fisted rule of the immortal sorcerer Morganem and his Council of Six. Now finally their pleas for help are answered: five legendary heroes arrive from beyond the crimson storms of the warp, seeking to topple Morganem's corrupt Empire.

But Morganem will not step silently into the darkness of history, and he prepares to fight these interlopers to the bitter end.

A story-driven, single-player action RPG, "To the Bitter End" has been over six years in the making and features an original setting and with completely original characters, abilities, items and spells.

Control a small group of legendary heroes as they travel throughout the Plane of Ithia, battling the forces of the tyrant sorcerer Morganem over eight Chapters and two cinematic-only maps.

Be prepared to react quickly to changing battlefield conditions and use your abilities strategically to counter whatever the enemy throws at you. Face a variety of challenges, from sneaking out of a prison to taking on a whole army head-on to duelling enemy immortals one on one.

During your battles, gain experience and grow in power to truly superhuman levels. Wield abilities that can break the backs of armies. But beware, for your foes are powerful and relentless enough to be a match even for your mighty heroes.

Be prepared for a challenge as you snatch victory from the jaws of defeat and conquer enemies that seemed insurmountable.

Now also available:
To the Bitter End Manual

(Click the image to view, or right-click to save)

A lovingly-crafted illustrated manual, detailing not only basic gameplay instructions, but also delving into the background stories of the campaign's setting, heroes, villains, and monsters.

120812-albums4231-picture40051.jpg

The Sphere of Annihilation spell obliterates everything in Soul Reaver's path.

120812-albums4231-picture40052.jpg

A companion consumed by vampiric madness.

120812-albums4235-picture40083.jpg

The companions fighting side-by-side against Morganem's forces.

To the Bitter End
Version: 1.0.08

Single Player Action RPG/Campaign

For centuries, the people of the Plane of Ithia have suffered under the iron-fisted rule of the immortal sorcerer Morganem and his Council of Six. Now finally their pleas for help are answered: five legendary heroes arrive from beyond the crimson storms of the warp, seeking to topple Morganem's corrupt Empire.

But Morganem will not step silently into the darkness of history, and he prepares to fight these interlopers to the bitter end.

Official Site:
http://www.warpstormstudios.com/tothebitterend

Installation instructions:
--------------------------

Note: To the Bitter End does not support post-'Reforged' versions of Warcraft III (that is, versions after v1.29) as those have removed Custom Campaign suppport entirely. It has been tested on and should work on anything from version 1.27-1.29. Assuming you are using a version that supports To the Bitter End:

Put the .w3n file into your Warcraft III 'Campaigns' folder.

You can play the game by starting The Frozen Throne, then selecting 'Single Player', 'Custom Campaign', and then navigating to the campaign titled 'To the Bitter End' and selecting it.

It helps to have your video settings for Warcraft III set to high quality, or some custom skins in some of the campaign might look a little... weird.

Note that To the Bitter End is more hardware intensive than a standard game of Warcraft III, so your computer will need to exceed Warcraft III's minimum system requirements to run smoothly.

Difficulty:
-----------

To the Bitter End is supposed to be very difficult.

However, for those finding it simply too tough, as of version 0.7.04, I have added in variable difficulty levels, and the mechanics of this were revamped in v1.0.07. Once in-game, press Enter to bring up the chat window, then type in 'easy', 'medium' or 'hard' (without quotation marks) to change the difficulty at any time. Difficulty persists until you enter a command to change it again, even between Chapters. The default difficulty is 'hard'.

Easier difficulties will (usually) reduce the damage you take and increase the damage you inflict from all sources. In-game stats and tooltips will not reflect this change however.

Remember though: real heroes play on hard!

Music:
------

If for some crazy reason you want to turn off the in-game music for a given Chapter, type 'music off' (without quotation marks) into the chat text in-game. To turn it back on, type in 'music on'.

This special command is required because the way that 'To the Bitter End' handles the in-game music sometimes prevents Warcraft III's in-built volume control from properly affecting the music volume.

Note that even with the 'music off' command, music will still play in a few key cutscenes.

Other Notes:
------------

For further info and an extensive manual, check the 'official site' at www.warpstormstudios.com/tothebitterend

This is the full version of To the Bitter End, and contains all ten Chapters (two of which are cinematics-only):

Prologue: Shadows Rising
Chapter I: Dark Dawn
Chapter II: The Dream of Blood
Chapter III: Juggernaut
Chapter IV: Heart of Ice
Chapter V: Reunion
Chapter VI: Harbingers of War
Chapter VII: Grim Harvest
Chapter VIII: The Bitter End
Epilogue: New Beginnings

To check the version number of your campaign, type 'version' (without quotation marks) into the chat text in-game and it will display (or if nothing displays, then your version is definitely out-of-date). The newest versions are always available on the official site.

Although I am solely responsible for creating this map, several central character featured in this campaign were envisaged by the writers at The Administorum (http://theadministorum.yuku.com/) and its newest incarnation, the Administorum 2.0 (The Administorum - Index).

A word on cinematics:
---------------------

It is possible to skip any of the cinematics, just press ESC.

You are advised to watch the cinematics at least once. They will often give you instructions as to what to do next and offer clues as to what to expect. Making sense of the game plot without them would be pretty difficult.

One 'bug' that occurs if you skip the cinematics is that any items or abilities that might have 'cooled down' and become available over the course of the cinematic will now not do this. This means that if you want to use those items/abilities often, you may have to wait around more... and if there's a timer counting down while you wait, that might not be advisable. This isn't a major thing, but it does mean that the game might be slightly more difficult if you skip the cinematics.

If you want to be sure to experience the game how it was meant to be played, then don't skip the cinematics. That's how I planned the level out and how I spent the most time testing it.

Hints/Notes:
------------

Use your quest log if unsure of what to do next... that's what it's there for.

Read the tooltips if you want to know what an ability or item does. In fact, this is strongly recommended.

The Sphere of Annihilation and Cataclysm abilities are appropriately named, because they will pretty much obliterate ANYTHING in the target area. That includes things you might prefer to keep un-obliterated, such as yourself.

Your items are re-usable. However, they have long cooldown times. Save them for when you need them, and then unleash hell.

To the Bitter End is very unforgiving. SAVE OFTEN.

You can find Chapter-specific hints (should you need them) at the official site at http://www.warpstormstudios.com/tothebitterend.

Don't expect to find Raziel from the Legacy of Kain series in this game. I've been using the name Soul Reaver for my RPG alter-ego since long before even the first Blood Omen came out. The Soul Reaver in this map is an original character.

Credits:
--------

To the Bitter End designed, written and created by:
Andy Krieg

Title screen and concept art by:
Stephen Cousins

Chinese localization by:
Heishimo (He)

Russian localization by:
Кирляндия

Original Character design:

'Soul Reaver' by Andy Krieg
'Fei Serumen' by Anthony Passmore
'Cameron Aileron' by Sean Britton
'Kitharsis' by Bryon Laird
'Sera Poi' by Anthony Di Cesare
'Slayer' by Eric Rodseth
Additional characters by Andy Krieg

Music:

Title:
'Kalki (edit)' by E.S. Posthumus

Prologue:
'Pompeii' by E.S. Posthumus

Chapter I:
'The Wretched' by Nine Inch Nails

Chapter II:
'The Becoming' by Nine Inch Nails

Chapter III:
'Tikal' by E.S. Posthumus

Chapter IV:
'Nineveh' by E.S. Posthumus

Chapter V:
'Karma' by Kamelot

Chapter VI:
'We're in this Together' by Nine Inch Nails

Chapter VII:
'Welcome Within' by Godsmack
'Ultra' by KMFDM

Chapter VIII:
'Yamiiro no Yume/Anger (edit)' by Kasamutso Kouji
'Missing Time' by MDFMK
'Kalki' by E.S. Posthumus
'Ashielf Pi' by E.S. Posthumus
'Kuvera (edit)' by E.S. Posthumus

Epilogue:
'Indra/Arise (edit)' by E.S. Posthumus

Additional Concept art donated by:
Chris Oldland
Tom Hering

'Void Breach' based on 'Black Hole' model by:
WILL THE ALMIGHTY

Weapon models extracted by:
Larc

Hero Glow model by:
Assassin_lord

Damage Detection based on GUI Friendly Damage Detection v1.2 by:
Weep

Special Thanks to:
The Administorum
Blizzard Entertainment
The Hive Workshop
Filefront
Warnicro
You, for playing

Extra Special Thanks:
Ji Xu

Tell me what you think! E-mail me ([email protected]) if you have comments or questions about 'To The Bitter End', the Multiverse, or Soul Reaver.

Please do not redistribute or modify these files without my permission. These files are not to be sold for profit.

Keywords:
Action, RPG, Campaign, Epic, Fantasy, Hard, To the Bitter End, TTBE, Cinematic, Story, Soul Reaver, Fei Serumen, Cameron Aileron, Kitharsis, Sera Poi,
Contents

To the Bitter End (Campaign)

Reviews
Date: 12:36:51 13-Nov-11 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 6/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
Level 3
Finally! FINALLY! Morganem is down! I don't know who screamed louder after the fight, me or him :xxd: because, oh my God, what a fight! I cannot possibly imagine doing all that without saving (like I heard one guy did), I saved like 30 times at least lol. One thing about Apocalypse though; I saw on your website that you said the best counter to it is splitting up your heroes and disrupting every rune. Maybe it's just me, but I found it a lot easier to just destroy one of them. As long as you concentrate on hitting it with all your heroes, it goes down fairly quickly.

Now for the questions I have for you :grin::

1. How did you make Morganem have so many spells (that is, how does he alternate between them)? And do they even cost any mana (because he never seems to run out)?

2. About Morganem and one type of Void Child that can Blink - how do you determine which point they blink to?

3. I'm thinking of replaying the whole thing when I get the chance, so a question about Chapter 2 - is there a cinematic for when you fail when the time runs out (as I don't want to sit around for nothing if there isn't)?

4. Any chance of you making something else for this same universe? I know you said you're not going to make any more campaigns, but IMO this setting is just too good and too detailed to just give up on...

And in the end, once more: congratulations for making such a fantastic campaign! I'll have a hard time finding something that can match this, that's for sure.

Level 1
Hi,

I'm so disapointed because I cannot run this campaign :-(
I have the Frozen Throne and all others campaigns downloaded from this forum work well.
When I try to start "prologue" or the first chapter, I can only see a black screen and then I'm back to the chapters choice.

Any idea? There are too much good ratings on this campaign and I really want to try it :)

Many thanks by advance!

Level 14
Finally! FINALLY! Morganem is down! I don't know who screamed louder after the fight, me or him :xxd: because, oh my God, what a fight! I cannot possibly imagine doing all that without saving (like I heard one guy did), I saved like 30 times at least lol. One thing about Apocalypse though; I saw on your website that you said the best counter to it is splitting up your heroes and disrupting every rune. Maybe it's just me, but I found it a lot easier to just destroy one of them. As long as you concentrate on hitting it with all your heroes, it goes down fairly quickly.

Now for the questions I have for you :grin::

1. How did you make Morganem have so many spells (that is, how does he alternate between them)? And do they even cost any mana (because he never seems to run out)?

2. About Morganem and one type of Void Child that can Blink - how do you determine which point they blink to?

3. I'm thinking of replaying the whole thing when I get the chance, so a question about Chapter 2 - is there a cinematic for when you fail when the time runs out (as I don't want to sit around for nothing if there isn't)?

4. Any chance of you making something else for this same universe? I know you said you're not going to make any more campaigns, but IMO this setting is just too good and too detailed to just give up on...

And in the end, once more: congratulations for making such a fantastic campaign! I'll have a hard time finding something that can match this, that's for sure.

Hi Rainmaker,

I don't think that guy that beat the game without saving beat Chapter VIII without saving - I think when he did that I had only completed up to Chapter VII. So no need to feel bad about saving. :p

In any case, in answer to your questions:

1) Warcraft III seems to have a limit to the number of hero spells you can have, but no limit to the number of 'non-hero' spells... so all his abilities are classified as 'non-hero'. His command card wouldn't have enough slots to display them, but since he's AI-controlled there's nothing stopping him from using them when I use a trigger to make him use it. During the fight I 'give him' (and occasionally 'take away') his abilities and turn the triggers that control the AI regarding them off and on. By the end of the battle he has all his abilities and all triggers to use them are on.

2) The Void Child Malice has a trigger that comes into effect once its health drops below a certain percentage (otherwise it's just handled by the 'standard' Warcraft III AI) which will make it check if there are any heroes within range, then teleport next to a random valid hero.

Morganem's teleporation is a lot more complex. When he starts using it, he will teleport (randomly) into a 'band' that is far away from the current 'main target' hero (this switches randomly during the fight) but is still within range for him to attack. Later, when he gains the Funeral Pyre ability, when the ability has cooled down and he is able to teleport, he'll teleport to either the extreme North or extreme South of the room (whichever is further away from the 'main target') so he can cast Funeral Pyre from there. And near the last stages of the battle, he not only teleports to create distance, but also uses the teleport more aggressively - if the heroes are weakening and far away (ie, trying to escape/recover/get a breather), he'll teleport to a random location much closer to them to put the pressure on them.

3) There is a very brief cinematic but I don't know if it's worth waiting around for. It's just a bunch of Warp Gates opening in a clearing and a bunch of Dharuk pour out before the screen fades to black and indicates that you've been overwhelmed.

4) Pretty much any fantasy-themed thing I write/create will be set in the multiverse. However, they won't necessarily follow the stories of the companions or other epic immortals - there are plenty of 'mortal' stories too, and these are unlikely to ever be caught up in the world-skipping, epic narratives that the companions encounter. For example, at the moment (though admittedly I'm slacking with it right now) I'm writing a gamebook about an orc in a traditional high fantasy setting. That setting happens to be one of the Planes/worlds of the multiverse, but this won't really come into play since nobody in the setting is aware of the Warp or any of the other universes out there.

Anyway, congratulations of finishing To the Bitter End, I'm glad the ending had the desired effect! :) If you haven't already, could you please vote for the map on the first page?

Hi,

I'm so disapointed because I cannot run this campaign :-(
I have the Frozen Throne and all others campaigns downloaded from this forum work well.
When I try to start "prologue" or the first chapter, I can only see a black screen and then I'm back to the chapters choice.

Any idea? There are too much good ratings on this campaign and I really want to try it :)

Many thanks by advance!

You're reporting a pretty common problem - it's actually the very first thing mentioned on the official site under 'Problems' here: http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/problems.htm, so I'll just copy/paste the advice below:

"This happens if you're running an outdated version of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. You'll need to patch The Frozen Throne to the most up-to-date version. Try the offical Battle.net patch page to get the latest standalone patch by clicking here."

Level 1
I'm not sure if this is a bug but on the final chapter, the Hatred and Despair Void have a ridiculous life regeneration (just like they got a Fountain of Life next to them lol) making killing them become absolutely impossible without cheating :|, anyway nice campaign.:thumbs_up:

Level 14
I'm not sure if this is a bug but on the final chapter, the Hatred and Despair Void have a ridiculous life regeneration (just like they got a Fountain of Life next to them lol) making killing them become absolutely impossible without cheating :|, anyway nice campaign.:thumbs_up:

Hey NoMorePain123,

It's not a bug - it's one of the final boss' abilities. You'll notice that when the Hatred and/or Despair arrive, the final boss himself doesn't take further part in the battle - that's because he teleports away and starts channeling an ability called 'Void Nexus'.

This ability will rapidly regenerate the Hatred/Despair's HP and MP.

You've got two options for dealing with this situation:

1) Find the final boss and interrupt his channeling with a stun-causing ability. This will stop the regeneration effect... but it also means the final boss will rejoin the fight. Personally, think this only makes things harder.

2) Absolutely HAMMER the Hatred/Despair. By concentrating all your heroes' attacks, abilities and items on them, you will definitely be able to damage them faster than they can heal - but you can't let up, since they will heal back up quickly if you do. It really helps to fight near a Mana Splinter (or two) so you can keep up the attack if your own HP or MP start to get too low. Use stunning abilities to keep the Hatred/Despair locked down and be ready with Soul Reaver's Anti-Magic Amulet in case the Despair casts Sorcerous Seal on you.

So yeah, not a bug, just a very tough battle.

I like your campaign. 5/5

Thank you Siegfird!

Last edited:
Level 1
tks! After a long, tough fight, I finally got him down, just a second before his Black Hole got me down :D. Your campaign is awesome and Morganem was the hardest, most annoying boss I ever faced!
I think Fei Sureimen was pretty useless compare to the others (not saying he is weak), his hp is too soft, his dps is not as good as Soul Reaver (even though he has Chaos attack), he has no stun, his AoE skill is too risky, he has 60% avoid attack and fastest move speed, life steal but these abilities only be useful when the game comes to survival, his abilities are quite useless when we need to quickly take down enemy :-( well, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Level 1
you're cool

hey, soul reaver your map right now im your fans, bro great map for you i'm gonna tell to all of my friend thnks for your great map
haha.. thats a great job for you hands up:goblin_good_job:

Level 14
tks! After a long, tough fight, I finally got him down, just a second before his Black Hole got me down :D. Your campaign is awesome and Morganem was the hardest, most annoying boss I ever faced!
I think Fei Sureimen was pretty useless compare to the others (not saying he is weak), his hp is too soft, his dps is not as good as Soul Reaver (even though he has Chaos attack), he has no stun, his AoE skill is too risky, he has 60% avoid attack and fastest move speed, life steal but these abilities only be useful when the game comes to survival, his abilities are quite useless when we need to quickly take down enemy :-( well, just my opinion.

Congratulations on finishing the campaign, it's not easy. :p

Fei's not a bad character, but yes, his damage output isn't the best. I've seen some people using him very skillfully though, and used that way he can hold his own extremely well. For DPS, use Celerity - at higher levels its cooldown and mana cost are both pretty low. And the Blood Corruption ultimate isn't risky if used well - don't cast it while in the midst of the enemy. Instead, use the Yugitti, then use your superior speed to retreat, THEN activate it. It'll slow foes to such a crawl it'll take them ages to reach Fei even if there aren't other companions in the way first.

It's hard to say if he's 'balanced', but this is a single-player game after all - if you've managed to finish the game, then he's obviously still powerful enough!

hey, soul reaver your map right now im your fans, bro great map for you i'm gonna tell to all of my friend thnks for your great map
haha.. thats a great job for you hands up:goblin_good_job:

Thanks ralfhan! I'm really happy to hear that you'll introduce others to the Campaign too. :)

Level 14
Chapter 4 is hard, but the BOSS of Chapter 5 is nightmare……

Oh, it gets worse later, trust me! ;)

In any case though, you can find some hints to that fight (if you still need them) here: http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/hints.htm#5 7

The main two tricks to winning this are:
1) Cast Sera's Face of the Heavens before the battle is joined and try to stay in its radius.
2) Have stun-inducing spells ready - both the bosses have a powerful channeled Ultimate, so stun them as soon as they start using it and you'll have a lot less trouble surviving.

Level 1
Thank you for the great campaign, i had some prime time of fun.
It'd be wicked sick if you chop the campaign into map pieces and allow people to play certain part as a multiplayer map over bnet. This will boost the popularity as well

Level 14
Thank you for the great campaign, i had some prime time of fun.
It'd be wicked sick if you chop the campaign into map pieces and allow people to play certain part as a multiplayer map over bnet. This will boost the popularity as well

Thanks dutamulia, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed playing through it.

Unfortunately making the maps multiplayer is far more difficult than just chopping it into individual pieces. Many maps are simply too large to be playable in multiplayer (the map size limit for multiplayer maps is 8 Mb, I think), and I don't want to excise custom content just to make it multiplayer.

In addition, the game isn't written for multiplayer and would require heavy re-triggering/programming to make it so. The storyline would be largely lost in multiplayer. And finally, it's also not balanced for multiplayer (with little room for anyone making any errors to begin with, and friendly-fire spells like Sphere of Annihilation making it into even more of an exercise in frustration). I'd have to make almost a whole new game to make it work.

Last edited:
Level 2
I cant seem to launch the campaign. When I click on the prologue or the first mission, the screen goes black and then returns to the campaign menu. All I did was to put the w3n file inside the campaign folder. It ought to work. I also tried downloading it from another source to no avail...

Level 14
I cant seem to launch the campaign. When I click on the prologue or the first mission, the screen goes black and then returns to the campaign menu. All I did was to put the w3n file inside the campaign folder. It ought to work. I also tried downloading it from another source to no avail...

Deolrin is correct, this sounds like the first entry on the 'Problems' page on the official site (http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/problems.htm) and in the Troubleshooting section of the manual (http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/Files/TTBEManual.pdf). Copy/pasting it below:

----

“I Click On A Button To Start A Chapter And I Just Get Kicked Back To The Chapter Select Screen!”

This happens if you're running an outdated version of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. You'll need to patch The Frozen Throne to the most up-to-date version (v1.26a at the time of writing).

Try the official Battle.net patch page to get the latest standalone patch (https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/warcraft-iii-patch-downloads)

-----

Feel free to email me if you still have trouble after trying the above.

Level 14
Nice Campaign. I like it. Great. I Give it 5/5

I like The Music in Chapter V , Is Was a Great Campaign.

//Lord Simon

I'm glad you enjoyed it, and thank you for remembering to vote!

Ya i discovered Kamelot through you Soul Reaver and with this i got converted to Iron Maiden and know i listen to metal x)

EDIT : It was something like 2years ago but i didn't comment there before.

That's awesome. I'm happy my campaign introduced you to something you now enjoy!

I really enjoyed this. One of the best stories outside Warcraft lore here on hive.

Thank you very much Renly Baratheon, it honestly warms my heart to know someone enjoyed a story I wrote.

Level 1
Awesome campaign.

I have a doubt.
The Dharuk Officers, Dharuk champions and Void Children that are basically the Mini-Bosses of this game.
What are their abilities and powers?

And just for curiosity

How strong are the Dharuk Heroes that appearing in the prologue and the epilogue?
(In the prologue they die very easily, and in the epilogue never fight.)

Level 14
Awesome campaign.

I have a doubt.
The Dharuk Officers, Dharuk champions and Void Children that are basically the Mini-Bosses of this game.

And just for curiosity

How strong are the Dharuk Heroes that appearing in the prologue and the epilogue?

Hi Camilopezo,

I'm currently out of the country for two weeks, away from my normal computer, and very busy, so unfortunately I can't easily check all the details for you right now. Please be patient however - I'll try to write up a detailed answer for you as soon as I can.

Level 1
Just a question sir, are you working on a new campaign? Because i know that you worked like 6 years on this one but it was.... unbeatable, amazing, incredible, outstanding.... 5/5 until the next 6 years ;)

Level 1
Hi Camilopezo,

I'm currently out of the country for two weeks, away from my normal computer, and very busy, so unfortunately I can't easily check all the details for you right now. Please be patient however - I'll try to write up a detailed answer for you as soon as I can.

Oh and can you tell me where can i find the soundtrack of the game? havent seen it on the website i just know the Prince of Persia one, and E.S. Posthumus - Pompeii, thank you.

Level 18
Music:
Title Kalki (edit) E.S. Posthumus
Prologue Pompeii E.S. Posthumus
Chapter I The Wretched Nine Inch Nails
Chapter II The Becoming Nine Inch Nails
Chapter III Tikal E.S. Posthumus
Chapter IV Nineveh E.S. Posthumus
Chapter V Karma Kamelot
Chapter VI We're in this Together Nine Inch Nails
Chapter VII Welcome Within Godsmack
Ultra KMFDM
Chapter VIII Yamiiro no Yume/Anger (edit) Kasamutso Kouji
Missing Time MDFMK
Kalki E.S. Posthumus
Ashielf Pi E.S. Posthumus
Kuvera (edit) E.S. Posthumus
Epilogue Indra/Arise (edit) E.S. Posthumus

Level 1
Music:
Title Kalki (edit) E.S. Posthumus
Prologue Pompeii E.S. Posthumus
Chapter I The Wretched Nine Inch Nails
Chapter II The Becoming Nine Inch Nails
Chapter III Tikal E.S. Posthumus
Chapter IV Nineveh E.S. Posthumus
Chapter V Karma Kamelot
Chapter VI We're in this Together Nine Inch Nails
Chapter VII Welcome Within Godsmack
Ultra KMFDM
Chapter VIII Yamiiro no Yume/Anger (edit) Kasamutso Kouji
Missing Time MDFMK
Kalki E.S. Posthumus
Ashielf Pi E.S. Posthumus
Kuvera (edit) E.S. Posthumus
Epilogue Indra/Arise (edit) E.S. Posthumus

Hey thanks but i cant find the Welcome Within Godsmack (is it Warriror Within Godsmack from Prince of Persia?) and neither Yamiro no Yume i will like if you can give me a link of them, thank you very much again.

Level 14
Just a question sir, are you working on a new campaign? Because i know that you worked like 6 years on this one but it was.... unbeatable, amazing, incredible, outstanding.... 5/5 until the next 6 years ;)

Thank you Goodguard4, I'm really glad you liked it.

I've recently been possessed by the urge to work on To the Bitter End a little more - I'm currently working on a small update, and will be looking into the possibility of a very significant update after that.

However, I don't plan on making any more Warcraft III maps. My next project will likely be completing a gamebook that I've been procrastinating on writing. And I've got other (non-Warcraft III) ideas in the works for the future too.

Oh and can you tell me where can i find the soundtrack of the game? havent seen it on the website i just know the Prince of Persia one, and E.S. Posthumus - Pompeii, thank you.

Malhorne's list is correct. Though if you haven't already, you might also want to take a look at http://www.familykrieg.com/tothebitterend/Files/TTBEManual.pdf - the music listing is on available on pg 76. ;)

Hey thanks but i cant find the Welcome Within Godsmack (is it Warriror Within Godsmack from Prince of Persia?) and neither Yamiro no Yume i will like if you can give me a link of them, thank you very much again.

The track I've listed as "Welcome Within" is the main menu music for "Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within". I've run into quite a bit of trouble finding out its real name, but the official soundtrack calls it "Welcome Within" so that's the name I used for the credits.

"Yamiiro no Yume" (and "Anger") are both from the soundtrack for "Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo".

I hope that will help you find them. :)

Level 14
Awesome campaign.

I have a doubt.

And just for curiosity

Hi Camilopezo,

Finally got an answer written up for you. I've emailed it to you, because it's rather too long to post here. Let me know if you didn't receive it for any reason and I'll send it via Private Message instead.

Level 3
Hi Camilopezo,

Finally got an answer written up for you. I've emailed it to you, because it's rather too long to post here. Let me know if you didn't receive it for any reason and I'll send it via Private Message instead.

Care to copy it and mail/PM it to me as well? I was always curious about it, and since you already bothered to write it down once... :grin:

Level 2
I finished this campaign a while back, but forgot to comment and rate, so I'm gonna do that now :).. This campaign.. THIS Campaign is one of the most frustrating, yet unique campaigns I have EVER played. I enjoyed every second of it. Although I gotta admit the difficulty level could get on my nerves at times, becaues it made me reload a lot and doubt that I would ever even complete it, especially on the final mission, lmao. But now when I've completed it and know it's very much possible to win, all grudges regarding the difficulty level dissapeared. This is a SUEPRB campaign, which is as I mentioned, unique in every aspect (especially the difficulty, lmao ;p). I think this campaign is pretty much flawless. It was action-packed, micro and macro dependent (which I love), and just simply stunning.

So, last but not least, the ratings. I give it a 1/5..... Ye right, trollol.
I give this 5/5 stars, without any hesitation whatsoever. Great, great campaign. You rock man!

Level 14
I finished this campaign a while back, but forgot to comment and rate, so I'm gonna do that now :).. This campaign.. THIS Campaign is one of the most frustrating, yet unique campaigns I have EVER played. I enjoyed every second of it. Although I gotta admit the difficulty level could get on my nerves at times, becaues it made me reload a lot and doubt that I would ever even complete it, especially on the final mission, lmao. But now when I've completed it and know it's very much possible to win, all grudges regarding the difficulty level dissapeared. This is a SUEPRB campaign, which is as I mentioned, unique in every aspect (especially the difficulty, lmao ;p). I think this campaign is pretty much flawless. It was action-packed, micro and macro dependent (which I love), and just simply stunning.

So, last but not least, the ratings. I give it a 1/5..... Ye right, trollol.
I give this 5/5 stars, without any hesitation whatsoever. Great, great campaign. You rock man!

Thank you kinGoFpaiN. That sort of difficulty was always my aim - I wanted the campaign to seem insurmountable at first, but to actually be quite possible if you're concentrating and start to figure out the appropriate strategies. My favourite gaming moments have always been those where I won despite the apparent odds - a victory under those circumstances is so much more rewarding.

In any case, congratulations on finishing the campaign!

Last edited:
Level 1
This campaign is very hard.

-I'm on chapter 8 and only kill two Void Children Bosses.

-And from what I heard, then I have to deal with two Void Children Bosses at the same time and are now more powerful than before.

-what is the best strategy to beat them?