• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tiger Themed Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hey guys, I could need some feedback / additional ideas on this one. I was thinking long time about a fitting fourth ability but nothing seems to be really fitting, so maybe you can think of something appropriate. As Tigers usually don't spit fire and throw giant impales at enemies, this one is a bit tricky to me.

Tiger is a meele-damage-dealing mobileish class.

Usually I have 3 active spells and 1 passive on every hero, so I don't need another passive.
It's a hero I'm using in a Hack'n'Slay styled RPG map.

What I have so far:
Name: Aspros,
Model: White Tiger
Icon: Priestess of the Moon

Abilities:
Sandy Surprise: Deals AGI x2 + manipulates enemy perception (slow or miss)
Pounce: Leaps foreward and deals damage, low cost, low cd
Savage Nature (Passive): Works like Return-Aura, just some other cosmetics / effects.

What I need:
-A forth ability which fits into the kit with the others, icons are all in brown-reddish tone.
-Maybe an additional effect on Savage Nature.

I'm glad about any feedback / further suggestions!
Best regards,
Hades

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Bloodthirsty bite
the tiger bites a target dealing x damage and makes the target bleed and take x damage every second for 8 secons

swipe
damages all targets infront of the tiger
Survival instincts
Got a chance to evade attacks

roar
gives bonus movement speed for 5 seconds

deadly leap
Leaps to point and damages all units within x of the landed point

Paw bash
stuns a target for 3 seconds and deals x direct damage

lick wounds
restores x hp every 3 seconds canceled if moveing

Thik hide
increases the armor by x

camoflage
makes the tigerenter stealth

enrage
damage and attack speed is increased by
track master
Increases the sight and movement speed by x permamently

dig howl
the tiger digs a howl it disapears for x seconds but cant move removes him from combat and heals him fot x during the time

Last edited:
Level 6
Thanks for the nice ideas, +rep for both. I'm from Germany but got Greek ancestors, so I'm able to speak Greek ;)

¬:
Bloodthirsty bite
the tiger bites a target dealing x damage and makes the target bleed and take x damage every second for 8 seconds

I actually like this concept, but I'm struggling to find a fitting Icon, I dislike it when they don't really match :)

I've thought about this one: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...r-144006/?prev=search=rage&r=20&d=list&page=3
But that'd represent a roar rather than something like the concept... There are only very few icons with tigers out there. I'm thinking about posting a request.

Level 28
Invisible and Deadly: The tiger dissolves into the background, essentially becoming invisible. His movement speed is sharply reduced, but if he uses an ability while still invisible, its effects are doubled to account for the surprise.

Triumphant Roar: Letting out a mighty roar, enemies flee in terror, their will to fight dissolved. Causes knockback, turning units away from tiger, reduces their damage.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
-Maybe an additional effect on Savage Nature.
Has a chance to stagger enemies when attacking. While staggered, enemies are stunned and unable to perform actions. When a staggered enemy takes any damage there is a high chance that he will get staggered again. The longer the enemy remains in a staggered state the harder it becomes to stagger them again (so permanent staggering is not possible). Units without this passive maintain stagger less effectively (worse rolls for reapplying stagger). Once an enemy breaks out of a stagger chain they cannot be staggered again for a period of time. Mechanical enemies do not allow stagger to be re-applied. Stagger is less effective on powerful enemies.

Staggers have a stagger period which is the full duration of the stun provided. Chain staggering (where stagger gets re-applied) can only occur at the end of the period. A probability for chain staggering is computed as a function of the damage the unit received during that period (with all damage from units with the passive multiplied by a large bonus) and the number of staggers the enemy has had since the start of the chain. If the roll misses then the unit will revert to normal and become immune to staggering for a while. If the roll hits the unit has stagger reapplied and the process repeats. If the initial stagger roll of the passive hits on a unit that is already staggered then it will always succeeds the next chain roll and that stagger will not be counted as part of the chain. Every stagger causes the enemy to play a brief period of its death animation (only non-mechanical) to boost visual satisfaction of the skill.

A possible formula for the stagger chain probability.
HP = maximum health of enemy
DAMAGE = damage taken during stagger period
CHAIN = number of times chained (not counting stagger rolls from the passive)
P = Probability of stagger chaining

P = ( 0.75 - ( 0.25 * CHAIN ) ) + ( 10 * ( DAMAGE / HP ) )
When P > 1 then chaining will always succeed
When P < 0 then chaining will never succeed

Example statistics.
5% chance to stagger per hit with a stagger period of 0.5 seconds and unit cooldown of 7 seconds. Damage dealt contributes twice as much to chaining than that done by allies. Tough enemies have a unit cooldown of 30 seconds and the chaining probability is halved (P / 2).

When it does trigger it literally allows you to maul a single unit to death. Depending on balance it may be required to boost the occurrence chance to 10-15% such as for the case of enemies taking very few hits to kill so the effect is meaningful. It is still viable against tough bosses as the reduced chain length and long unit cooldown keeps the stunning it produces very controlled.

Level 35
Purr - Tiger takes a nap and is too adorable to attack for 15 seconds.

Hairball - Tiger spits a projectile hairball at a target enemy, grossing them out for 3 seconds.

Scratch - Tiger breaks the skin of the target. Stuns them for 1 second.

Climb Tree - Tiger climbs a tree, catching a bird to eat and restore 3 health.

Arch Back - Tiger looks slightly intimidating for 4 seconds.

If you need any more, let me know.

Huge Belching - The Tiger eats a neabry dead corpse, and he belchs, throwing neabry enemies away and stunning them for x sec.

Fiery Strike - Aspros strikes with fire, dealing x damage and burning the enemy taking x damage per sec over x sec.

Tigerosh Form - Transforms the Tiger into tigerosh(aka Weretiger)over x sec. When is tigerosh, he has x more health and deals x more damage.

Animal Attraction - Aspros attracts all neabry passive animals(Deers, Bunnies,etc.) neabry him, and then eats them. One animal=x HP restored

Suddenly Attack - When the Tiger has low health, suddenly calls x tigers to help him in battle. The tigers leave when the enemies are killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.