• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spell/Hero ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm adding some new heroes into a melee map as an exercise, and I've already made a hero from the Wraith Lord model (can't remember the creator of the model, thanks anyway) and now I need ideas for the other three to compliment the other heroes. So far I have these.

Undead: Reaper
Mystical Hero, adept at dominating opponents. Can learn Force, Pressurize, Spacial Rend and Indoctrinate.

Force (Passive) - The Reaper forces its attacks through the enemy's defenses, giving it a chance to do more damage per attack. (15% chance, 2x, 3x, 4x)

Pressurize (Autocast) - Pressurizes a target enemy unit's mind to make its attacks miss. (no idea whether to set the duration or the miss percentage as the level variable)

Spacial Rend - Freezes enemies in time within a target area. (275 AOE, 6s, 8s, 10s)

Indoctrinate - Forces an enemy target unit's will to obey the Reaper. Cannot be used on Heroes or creeps above Level 5.

Human: Crusader
Cunning Hero, exceptional at rallying troops into battle.

Oath of Loyalty - Dispels negative buffs around the Crusader. (no idea on range, or whether it should be targeted or not.)

All I've got so far. I still need a Night Elf and an Orc Hero. I'd also like some feedback on the already made spells.

Level 15
You could try remaking WCIII Beta heroes. Orcs had Warchief - using the model of Mathog, but green-skinned. From what I know, it was essentially a buffing hero, specializing in short-time buffs.
Night Elves had Archdruid - there's a model of him here on hive. I have no idea of abilities he used (although there's a number of icons in WCIII mpqs that later went to WoW Druids). His ultimate was a spell called Force of Nature, turning him into a Moonkin.

Human Beta Hero was called Crusader, as I know. It used a model similar to knight.
Undead Beta Hero was Abomination, but since now it's a unit, there's no point bringing it back.

Level 2
@Bel0lyn: Yeah, Force is basically Critical Strike. I thought he needed an ability similar to it.

For Indoctrinate, how do I add a timer to it? I based the ability from Charm. Is it just editing the duration?

Thanks for the help, guys. I'm still editing the models so they actually appear in-game.

Level 12
Force = Critical Strike
Pressurize = Curse
Spacial Rend = Time Stop (Spell in THW database, very basic yet very nice)
Indoctrinate = Charm with timer. Only one slightly challenging.
I actually made a skill like this (sadly no graphical timer), I just don't have it here. You just need a timer and to save the original owner of the unit.
Oath of Loyalty = Instant Cast Dispel Magic, ridiculously easy. And how is it supposed to help the concept of your hero?

That's very nice for a start but I'd like you to be slightly more original... I'd offer these in addition:
Holy Recruit - Summon two soldiers with spirit link between them and the caster. Most likely permanent, but not too strong.
Bless of Legions - Applies a bonus to each unit in range of the target unit with the same unit type as the unit target's. The choice of bonus is yours.
Aura of Redemption - Each attack that a friendly unit within range of the hero lands successfully on a foe gives the hero a 1 point mana bonus. Believe me, it's enough!
-Ultimate that I don't have the time to think of-

Level 28
Some Crusader ideas:

Zeal: Aura, all friendly units attack much faster.

Fanatism: The Crusader reads out inspiring passages from his holy book to galvanize his troops. All friendly units within range will immediately head for the closest enemy unit to attack them, gaining a great speed increase until they make contact, stunning the targeted unit. This also applies to ranged units, requiring careful placement of the Crusader before using the ability.

Our Cause Is Just: Grants a temporary increase in mana regeneration rate to friendly units in range.

Level 10

Spirit - The hero rejuvenates the target's spirit, healing X health. If the target's health is at maximum, it will restore mana.

Backlash - Drains X mana per hit, but reflects all incoming melee attacks back to the unit.

Cure - Removes all buffs in X area. Cured units remain invulnerable to all spells for X time.

Status
Not open for further replies.