• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Hero Spell Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello! I am working on an RPG map, named Afterlife, and I am in need of 3 spells for my 2 Heroes. I'm not making a request or anything, but I need ideas.
The first spell is for a banshee Hero, a caster/healer. She is themed around ice, manipulating the souls of her enemies or souls in general and twisted magic. What she needs is an AoE of some kind, but not as simple as say Frost Nova.
The second Hero is a melee Hero, based on a voidwalker. He is themed around rage, ravaging his foes, fire (not very heavily though), brutal slaugter and slight madness. To start off, he needs an Ultimate. I have an idea already, a Mirror Image of sorts with copies who can deal damage, but alternatives are good.
The thing I'm stumped on with him is the other ability. He already uses a passive one to have an accelerating attack speed when constantly attacking, promoting him always being in combat, and a spell that restores his mana when he kills a target. What I need is something to use the mana on, with a single target.
I was thinking on naming it Reaper Strike or something along the line, a melee-range ability that would deal heavy damage, cost a good deal of mana and have some kind of twist to it, to fill a niche (he is damage and tanking).
So, any ideas around this would be very appreciated.

Level 11
well for your banshee hero i would say probably blizzard or like cone of cold :p Icestorm??? lol, for your melee hero i would probably say Avatar ability, maybe reincarnation :p... Invincibility for a short moment? or a move where he charges in dealing critical damage to all foes in the attack radius... for ur other ability i would have like a stun move that deals a lot of damage, or some Active on/off spell where he just deals some sort of extra damage or something... and for ur last thing....
I was thinking on naming it Reaper Strike or something along the line, a melee-range ability that would deal heavy damage, cost a good deal of mana and have some kind of twist to it, to fill a niche (he is damage and tanking).
So, any ideas around this would be very appreciated.

i didnt get what all that was about... but any way i hope you like my ideas, i saw this thread and no one has answered it for a while, i felt bad, but next time lol you shouldnt have so much text... some people dont like to read :D hehe

Level 3
well for your banshee hero i would say probably blizzard or like cone of cold :p Icestorm??? lol, for your melee hero i would probably say Avatar ability, maybe reincarnation :p... Invincibility for a short moment? or a move where he charges in dealing critical damage to all foes in the attack radius... for ur other ability i would have like a stun move that deals a lot of damage, or some Active on/off spell where he just deals some sort of extra damage or something... and for ur last thing....

i didnt get what all that was about... but any way i hope you like my ideas, i saw this thread and no one has answered it for a while, i felt bad, but next time lol you shouldnt have so much text... some people dont like to read :D hehe

Well, my banshee already has Blizzard as a placeholder. The reason for posting here is to find ideas for creative spells, I dislike having to stick with the standard ones. Also, the shade actually uses Avatar as placeholder ultimate, and Reincarnation wouldn't work (messes with my boss reset system).
You mentioned an On/Off spell, I planned to use it for his passive one, but changed it when it didn't work with my trigger.
I am starting to have an idea for the banshee form in my head though.
Also, I posted so much text since I want to give people something to work with, asking for ideas and not giving any guidelines is a an ideamakers hell.

Level 7
Banshee:
Some kind of ability that deal single target damage, but if the target is killed the hero will deal damage to all surronding units.

Level 11
Also, I posted so much text since I want to give people something to work with, asking for ideas and not giving any guidelines is a an ideamakers hell.

haha true... your post was really in depth, so i found it pretty easy on what you are asking for... but for your Rager unit i would put like some ability like maybe a war cry? lol, that both powers himself and weakens his enemies... haha just a suggestion though :p hehe

Level 3
Banshee:
Some kind of ability that deal single target damage, but if the target is killed the hero will deal damage to all surronding units.

Interesting idea there, though I am already using it (kind of) with the shade, it's a spell that gives the enemy unit a buff for 10 sec, and if it dies under that period, the shade regains mana.
It could be used though, a spell that deals AoE damage and if a unit is killed by it, it does another wave of damage, possibly setting off chain reactions... The bad thing with it is that it promotes saving it untill the enemies are at low health. It sounds cool, but I am looking for something that you can throw at the foe when they clump up, giving the banshee a tool for group encounters.
@Geazer: I'm not sure about a war cry, do you mean it as his ultimate or normal spell? As an ultimate it doesn't sound like it has the oomph an ultimate needs, and the normal is reserved for Reaper Strike.

Level 9
for your melee... how about a spell which targets an enemy unit and place a buff on it, upon cast your hero will be buffed by your passive to a certain level, in this case higher attack rate and automatically attack the target few times. The damage is so quick that the target suffer damage based on how many attack from the hero it takes during that period.

for your caster, how about a spell which freezes enemies in target area, the ice drains some life from the enemies and then when the duration is over, the ice will shatter and heals allied units within range. the amount of heal increases if the enemies die while frozen.

Level 3
for your melee... how about a spell which targets an enemy unit and place a buff on it, upon cast your hero will be buffed by your passive to a certain level, in this case higher attack rate and automatically attack the target few times. The damage is so quick that the target suffer damage based on how many attack from the hero it takes during that period.

for your caster, how about a spell which freezes enemies in target area, the ice drains some life from the enemies and then when the duration is over, the ice will shatter and heals allied units within range. the amount of heal increases if the enemies die while frozen.

Oh, those sound like some interesting and very cool ideas! The first one is pretty original (I think, at least, I'm not up to date with every spell) and would work pretty damn well with the shade theme and gameplay.
On the second one: Sounds awesome, reminds me of an idea I had for it a while ago, useful and keeps it more interesting than the standard spells. I might very much use that one, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.