• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero Edits/Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I've got some heroes that I'm unsure about, and I would like some input before i start testing my footmen frenzy like map. There are a couple of abilities that don't feel right, make someone too powerful, or make someone too sucky that I want suggestions on. And if you think that everything is horrible, then by all means say so and I'll think about it and change it completely.

Keep in mind that I am not great with abilities, and pretty much everything I have is edited from an existing one and not trigger related.

Color Code
I'm almost definitely keeping this one
I like it, but not that much and would be willing to substitute
I hate this ability, and it's the whole reason I made this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
First Hero - Count (Vampire)
Description/Tactics: He's a tank like hero who specializing in regeneration lots of life. This is the hero that I don't like the most and want to change but don't know what to.

Default:Sleep - Turns into a unmoving, unattacking version of himself which looks like a grave. He get's a big regeneration boost in this form (Stone Form).

Level 1: Blood Suck: It's just shadow strike. I need something better and just put this as a filler. It doesn't even restore life.

Level 1: Iron Strength - Bash pretty much.

Level 6: Vampire Frenzy - Vampiric potion on crack, lasts for 15 seconds.

Level 10: Bat Swarm: Locust Swarm with massive damage and no life return.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Second Hero: Hunter
Description/Tactics: A flying hero with very low life and a variety of spells, but mostly deals damage. I don't like the having 2 passive level 1 spells. EDIT: This hero is finished.

Default: Hide: Duh

Level 1: Tigers: Summons powerful tigers. Uses the orange striped tiger model. They have no abilities, which upsets me. (EDIT)

Level 1: Impaling Strike: Critical Strike maintaining low percentages while driving up the damage bonus.

Level 6: Trueshot Aura: Duh II (EDIT)

Level 10: Lunar Fury: Channeling Spell, Rain of Chaos without the Infernals, just the damage. Uses crystal infernal birth model.
Hero 3 - The Shaper
Description Tactics: This guy is the master of buffs and one of the ultimate supporting heroes.

Default: Banish - It's the same and boring.

Level 1: War Golem - Summon that does no damage, and instead casts various buffs depending on the level of the spell.

Level 1: Magic Binding -Web..Also Boring

Level 6: Aura Ward - I like it, self-explanatory ward that gives auras.

Level 10: Procreate - Wand of Illusion with big damage boosts and low cooldown. I got to the ultimate and realized I didn't know what it would be..so I put this.
Hero 4 - Legend
Description/Tactics - Big bad crypt lord like hero that's good at taking damage, and reflecting it back.

Default ???

Level 1: Mythic Armor Simply an armor boost to compensate for his low agility.

Level 1: Flame Body Simply Immolation

Level 6: Fel Aura -Stronger than usual thorns aura

Level 10: ???
And that's all folks.. Previewing this post I realize I have created the fruitiest thread ever.

Last edited:
Level 6
Heya.

If I get it right you aint that bright with triggers and abilitys combined but since you are making a footmen frenzy i suppose that's for the better cause trigger abilitys often goes pretty overpowered against creeps (the footmens in this case). Anyways, a couple of thoughts.

For hunter: Since you don't like the idea of 2 passive lvl 1 spells, why don't you swap the tiger and trueshot aura. Correct me if i'm wrong but i think the trueshot aura can be quite devestating with some ranged "footmens".

For legend: I think this hero is lacking in speed or range attacks. Since he seems to have alot of armor and immolation+thorns, nobody would like to get close up to him, so the legend is probably going to chase and chase other heroes all the time and think about giving him a speed boost as default(not too much), and maybe some ranged spell as lvl 10 spell.

Last the vampire: Only thing to add here is that you can swap the blood suck to an accual life drain (you can't have a vampire without a life drain xD)

Hope this is at some help

//QueloR

Level 7
I like the ideas, and I'll probably use most of them. Thanks! I still feel the Count needs some work. I'm not sure if the Legend needs ranged/speed boosts because he can't really effectively hunt down other heroes, his purpose is more to attract attention from the masses of soldiers and deal damage back at them.

Last edited:
Level 10
These abilities are too boring. Can you do trigger abilities? I will give you suggestions of creative spells with triggering.
Default:Vampirism- Passive ability. By the day, the vampire has his armor slightly dimnished, but by the night, his attack power and movespeed greatly increased.

Level 1: Blood Suck: It's more like shackles in melee distance with a continuous life drain between the two units.

Level 1: Gaze of Terror- Passive ability with a cooldown. Whenever the cooldown is ready and the Vampire is looks face to face with hero this hero gets frozen for some seconds.

Level 6: Form of a Bat- The vampire morphs into a fragile swift bat which can use all of the vampire abilities but is only targetered by air units.

Level 10: Bat Swarm:Locust Swarm with massive damage and no life return. This ability is OK.

I hope I helped!

Level 12
Hero 3 - The Shaper
Description Tactics: This guy is the master of buffs and one of the ultimate supporting heroes.

Default: Golem COmpanion - Summon the Anti magic Man
-SOul Burn (No Damage) (I wouldn't make him do damage because he's meant for magic use, not for kills) (I also wouldn't do Silence because I don't like how its an AoE)
-Dispel (Autocast) (Dryad)
-Spell Sheild

I'm thinking I would put it as default because none of the spells are supposed to be that powerful, but still add that extra boost in each situation.

Level 1: Roar - Its a necessity... the Classic Unit boost... and you have to be wise about it. You don't want to get close to the battle (You might get killed.

Level 1: Rejuvination - A Hero Helper

Level 6: Spell Steal or Autocast cheap Slow - maybe.... Slow is a rediculus spell though

Level 10: Aura Ward - Just Makes Sense, since its not a true buff since you can't steal it.
Hero 4 - Legend
Description/Tactics - Big bad crypt lord like hero that's good at taking damage, and reflecting it back.
-What I'm doing is letting people see different types of Health work.

Default Taunt (You choose the name)- Yeah......

Level 1: Spiked Carpace I know its his default but It really is a good spell, can add Defense and

Level 1: Flame Body Simply Immolation

Level 6: Fel Aura -Stronger than usual thorns aura

Level 10: Incarnation of Revenge (Autocast)-When you attack a legend, you will find your the one in pain. When you attack his units you will feel the pain. When you kill a Legend, He is reborn to do as much damage as he can. He will make his fallen comrades arise. You running is the only way (When he dies spawn Invincible Avatar of Vegence (Maive) Lasts only 30 seconds but very fast attack speeds.
And that's all folks.. Previewing this post I realize I have created the fruitiest thread ever.
yeah...
Nice colors....
Wuteva... it kinda helped me understand which you wanted to switch out

Level 7
Thanks Formula, but I already finished those heroes on earlier suggestions.

I gave Shaper's default as
Befuddle - Teleports an enemy unit to a random new location within 1000 range.

and his (10) ultimate as
Pit of Souls - Creates a ward that casts no-damage parasite extremely fast on nearby units , with a very long duration. It can turn the tide in a battle, because an enemies army will turn against them with fairly strong minions sprouting from every dead unit.

For the Legend, I did:
Default - Warstomp, no damage, yes stun.

Moved fel aura to Lvl 10, made the damage return ridiculous, only effecting the hero himself.

Level 6 - Modified Pulverize.

Tell me if you approve or not. I'm still working on the Count.

EDIT: Count

Default: Vampirism: Slight Vampiric Aura, Faster Move Speed, Only at Night.
Level 1: Iron Strength - Same
Level 1: Not Sure..Yet. Definitely a life-draining ability.
Level 6: Potion Probably..Not Sure. Edit: Maybe, since Dracula is supposed to control animals, I could give him a Demon Gate summon, where it summons a wolf, bat, and something else all at once. Probably not though, I'm giving too many units summons.
Level 10: Bat Swarm - Same

Last edited:
Level 6
For count level 6: I like the idea of the animals, but other than summon why not base it on the same effect like pandarens ulti, make him split up in to 3 different animals for a peroid of time with each unique abilitys. just a thought tho

Level 12
Thanks Formula, but I already finished those heroes on earlier suggestions.

I gave Shaper's default as
Befuddle - Teleports an enemy unit to a random new location within 1000 range.

Well, its an interesting spell (Especially against heros) but it isn't a buff.
But I kinda like that spell though. I'd say you should change the description of him and his theme, but I suppose it doesn't matter. its still seems like a awesome spell

and his (10) ultimate as
Pit of Souls - Creates a ward that casts no-damage parasite extremely fast on nearby units , with a very long duration. It can turn the tide in a battle, because an enemies army will turn against them with fairly strong minions sprouting from every dead unit.

This is definitly an interesting one. It fits him well since he is a buffer and yet has no summons until ultimate

For the Legend, I did.
Default - Warstomp, no damage, yes stun.

It works. One of the things I noticed about the hero is that he would be kinda screwed against ranged units. But survives long enough to kill of the melees with their own attack. This is a good melee survival spell so sounds fine.
THough it can be used as a survival and offensive.

I figured you wanted to make this hero about a kind of reflection hero (Which I'm thinking Defend also could be a good spell.

Moved fel aura to Lvl 10, made the damage return ridiculous, only effecting the hero himself.

You can use spiked Carpace instead so you don't have to mess with the auras so much

Level 6 - Modified Pulverize.

Tell me if you approve or not. I'm still working on the Count.

Well... I figure thats kinda an offensive move.

But wuteva, in gameplay it might be fun

Dracula?

I'm not exactly sure how this hero is gunna play out since high DpS would crush it unless it was a strength hero. But I figure a Vampire is a weird combination of Intelligence and personal Health regeneration at the exspense of others. But all of it looks very personal.
I think I got it...

First Hero - Count (Vampire)
Description/Tactics: He's a tank like hero who specializing in regeneration lots of life. This is the hero that I don't like the most and want to change but don't know what to.

Default:Sleep - Turns into a unmoving, unattacking version of himself which looks like a grave. He get's a big regeneration boost in this form (Stone Form).

Level 1: Transform: Turn into a bat with mirror image and locust storm with bat animations that deal no damage

Level 1: Infect: Dark Minion only spawns a vampire with the same spell

Level 6: Vampire Frenzy - Vampiric potion on crack, lasts for 15 seconds.

Level 10: Religion: Transforms into a spirit with etheral form, Blink, and Warstomp with tons of damage. why? I dunno.... it just seems fitting since christianity has been an aspects of Vampire legends

Level 7
Don't take the descriptions too literally (king of buffs). He was originally intended to be a summoner anyway but I took it in a new direction after War Golem. The Vampire actually does have quite a bit of strength, but I may change his stats around.

I love the Infect idea, I think I will use it.

Transform: I was thinking that maybe he could turn into a bat swarm, much like in Dark Deeds. I don't see him turning into a flying hero though.

To be honest with you, I don't really see the Religion idea working that well and I probably won't use it.

So that leaves...Just the level 10 to do.

+Worthless Rep, Btw

Level 12
Don't take the descriptions too literally (king of buffs). He was originally intended to be a summoner anyway but I took it in a new direction after War Golem. The Vampire actually does have quite a bit of strength, but I may change his stats around.

I love the Infect idea, I think I will use it.

Transform: I was thinking that maybe he could turn into a bat swarm, much like in Dark Deeds. I don't see him turning into a flying hero though.

To be honest with you, I don't really see the Religion idea working that well and I probably won't use it.

So that leaves...Just the level 10 to do.

+Worthless Rep, Btw

Yeah...
I kinda ran out and just started thinking of whatever a vampire uses...
I'm just thinking, Holy water and crosses and stake in the heart....
I'm not sure how it would work out, but I figure theres something there

But yeah... I wasn't thinking a flying hero... Its more just an escape mech, mirror to confuse, locust to make things a little more unpredictable.

Just wondering...
Is that johnny cage from mortal kombat? :D

Level 7
In fact, it is Johnny Cage. I think I may just keep Bat Swarm, but that would conflict with the bat split up idea because they would be extremely similar spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.