• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Hearthstone Tournament #2 (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

2nd Official THW Tournament (EU)

The time has come again to enter the innkeeper's domain. Have a seat, grab a keg, and prepare yourself for a clash of cards that will test your valor!

Sign-Ups

To sign up, you must have an account on the EU servers, and respond with the following:

• Battle-Tag
  • Classes (3 separate classes)
  • Timezone (GMT)

Rewards

• 1st - 20 reputation
  • 2nd - 10 reputation
  • 3rd - 5 reputation

Rules

• To play in this tournament, you must have access to the European Hearthstone Servers.
  • The type of tournament (elimination bracket vs. round-robin vs. swiss) will be determined on Friday, May 30th, depending on the number of sign-ups.
  • The tournament-style will be Last Hero Standing:
    • 3 classes per-player, each match.
    • When you lose a game, you must change the deck you are currently playing.
    • Each player brings 3 decks, and plays until one player wins 3 games.
  • If you are absent for a match, you are dropped from the tournament.
  • You may edit your decks between matches, but you cannot change classes.
  • You must provide your battletag to other heroes that participate in the tournament.

Times

Sign-ups will end Friday, May 30th.
The tournament will begin on Saturday, May 31st, and proceed to Sunday, June 1st, if necessary.
The tournament will start on 19:00 CEST (7 P.M., GMT+2). I apologize to the players from the Philippines, we will attempt to make accommodations for your times in the future.

At that time (19:00 CEST), I ask that you all be in THW chat so we can get the tournament going!

You may sign-up in this thread! Feel free to ask any questions.

Heroes
UserClassesBattleTag
Death Adder
IconSmall_Warrior.gif
Warrior
IconSmall_Priest.gif
Priest
IconSmall_Druid.gif
Druid
Prime#2121
jondrean
IconSmall_Priest.gif
Priest
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
IconSmall_Shaman.gif
Shaman
BO2Lover#2817
Tonex
IconSmall_Mage.gif
Mage
IconSmall_Warlock.gif
Warlock
IconSmall_Warrior.gif
Warrior
Tonex#1354
EloTheMan
IconSmall_Mage.gif
Mage
IconSmall_Priest.gif
Priest
IconSmall_Rogue.gif
Rogue
MrSappy#2730
don_svetlio
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
IconSmall_Druid.gif
Druid
IconSmall_Warrior.gif
Warrior
donsvetlio#2246
Chaosy
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
IconSmall_Warlock.gif
Warlock
IconSmall_Rogue.gif
Rogue
yoloswaggins#2511
Theoden of KoMe
IconSmall_Paladin.gif
Paladin
IconSmall_Hunter.gif
Hunter
IconSmall_Mage.gif
Mage
TheodenKoMe#2876
Mekket
IconSmall_Warrior.gif
Warrior
IconSmall_Druid.gif
Druid
IconSmall_Warlock.gif
Warlock
Mekket#2196
Deolrin
IconSmall_Druid.gif
Druid
IconSmall_Warlock.gif
Warlock
IconSmall_Priest.gif
Priest
Deolrin#2728
PurgeAndFire
IconSmall_Druid.gif
Druid
IconSmall_Priest.gif
Priest
IconSmall_Mage.gif
Mage[c]Saladfork#1595

Attachments

• Hearthstone_Logo.png
    Hearthstone_Logo.png
    137.2 KB · Views: 211,557
Last edited:

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So we no longer have to give our decks here? If that's the case I'll have Priest, Paladin and Shaman.

I'll add my account once I log in to HS again (I honestly don't even play HS anymore, only participating for fun).

Edit:
myHSrank.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So we no longer have to give our decks here? If that's the case I'll have Priest, Paladin and Shaman.

I'll add my account once I log in to HS again (I honestly don't even play HS anymore, only participating for fun).

Yes, just post your classes. Decks will be dynamic. I may ask for decks after the tournament is over, in case I want to post them, but for now you just need your classes.

Level 24
I'll go with Druid, Hunter and Mage. (I have some new cards that I want to try out.) Razosh#2146

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Sure thing.

donsvetlio#2246

Paladin, Druid, Warrior

Level 12
Inc Swiss HYPE!

EDIT: Btw will there be losers brackets? (If it for some reason isn't swiss and instead elimination) Gonna be pretty lame when I get kicked out first round and don't get to play anymore otherwise

Last edited:
I can't use 2 warlock decks eh?

I mean like, I can't do something like: (?)

hand lock deck vs someone's first deck. << I lose
zoo lock deck vs someones's first deck << I lose again
controll lock vs someone's first deck << I win.

You must choose 3 separate classes, according to most tournaments' rules, so no that wouldn't be allowed. Although, since decks can be edited, I suppose you could do something like that if you win (as Death Adder said).

Death Adder said:
Btw will there be losers brackets? Gonna be pretty lame when I get kicked out first round and don't get to play anymore otherwise

If we go with elimination style, there will definitely be a loser's bracket. I never like the tourney's where you play only once.

EDIT: Thanks everyone for signing up so quickly! :) I'll update the main post. Notify me of any errors, or if you make changes (I might not notice right away).

EDIT2: The tournament also may be Swiss-style. Basically, it is too many for round robin in the current state (it would be best of 3, so minimum 3*9 = 27 games), so it'll either be elimination or Swiss.

Last edited:
Level 24
Everyone needs to face humiliating defeat to learn. That's how I went from being demolished by Chaosy in Hearthstone to defeating him in the unofficial tournament. Every pain is a lesson and every lesson makes you stronger. ;)

Level 12
Damn, really wanted to participate in this, but Saturday evening doesn't work for me at all. :vw_sad:

What exactly does this mean? Can we still enter on Sunday? :ogre_haosis:
But yeah else I probably have to wait for the next one it seems. :grin:

Actually like Chaosy mentions it might take so long because of all the people that some matches might have to be played on sunday, which could perhaps also open up a window for people that couldn't partake on saturday to play their matches some hour before the final.

There's also the matter of how big of an interest there is, so far I think you're the 2nd person who wants but is unable to join.

How squeezing in extra people afterwards would actually work I don't really know though :3

Added Theoden and Mekket. Thanks for signing up!

Also, I updated the hearthstone logo in the main post. Apparently it wasn't showing up for anyone. I didn't even realize until I checked on my mobile. Apparently the source attachment was restricted.

@tomoraider: Sorry you can't make it. Hopefully you'll have a fun night. I've removed you from the main post. I look forward to your participation next time! :)

@MassiveMaster: It would only proceed to Sunday in case Saturday's rounds take too long. But I don't think I could manage to include new entries at that point, unless I made some really weird rules. :p Sorry about that. Hopefully we'll see you next time!

Level 5
I was very unlicky today cause fro ranked 18 2 stars in now back at ranked 20 3 stars....

Listen the wierdest point now:I played vs a mage with my Paladin deck.All goes well till i had 6 man and so he had.Next turn he summons cairne.Ok i can handle him.Next one he summons Ragnaros...!!!!I still can't get on with how i killed ragnaros but nvm :p .He the summons Antonidas....!!!!! and im like wtf!!! any way i kill cairne and baine but antonidas' abillity kicked my ass.I took 4 fireball and i died while he was left with 6 hp at jaina...Hope im lucky at the tournament cause all the expert packs i have opened had none epic or legendary card , and i have opened like 10 of those so far...

Level 24
A lot of players like the mage you met are @$$holes (no need to sugar coat it) but they rank down for the single purpose to get easy wins. Trust me no one with Antonidas, Ragnaros and Cairne Bloodhoof are is located at rank 20 - 18.

Last edited:
Level 12
all the expert packs i have opened had none epic or legendary card , and i have opened like 10 of those so far...

Yeah getting cards is slow, but what is worse is when you hear announcer "Legeeendaaary" you think "Yes finally!" and get 1dmg 1hp thalnos. such dissapoint >_<

Level 5
Well this isnt my point.My point is that i have dissenchanted many cards from warrior/druid/priest/shaman/warlock decks and some useless minions to craft cards for the 3 main decks i play.I try to build a decent rogue deck these last days but playing with it at a tournament will be a pin in my @$$ (Razosh :p).My paladin is lvl 26 and i still have half the deck builded cause of my many "holes"

To be honest with Razosh , It isnt that he was skilled , he was really stupid cause he summoned them and just waited without supporting them with spells secreats or taunts and they were easy target for me.He was lucky thought cause i was drawing useless cards at that point.

Level 24
Bloodmage Thalnos is a really good legendary though he works really crappy by himself. Combined with other cards he can be quite deadly. the value of Thalnos is that he is a two mana 1/1 minion and no one will ever silence him because of that fact. He is like a loot hoarder with +1 spellpower which is why I want him.

Level 24
Actually I currently have 1270 wins from playing every single day and doing all the dailies. :D

Level 24
I tried that but I don't really like arena so I'm going to stick with what I think is fun. ;)

Level 24
I would say that you get one legendary on every 15-20th pack or that is what conclusion I've come to after drawing 7 legendaries there are surely people with more knowledge than me on this subject but that's my estimate. Sometimes you're unlucky and draw your first legendary 30 decks into the game and other times you draw The Black Knight 5 packs after you draw Cairne Bloodhoof. ;)

Arena surelly helps you a lot but luck has a part in that section too cause of the deck selection and construction.The fee is too big.150 gold to just enter , thats 15*3=45 wins to gather the gold or some quests and still much wins.I really think the entreance fee to the arena is too expensive...

It feels expensive in the beginning for sure. After a while, you become okay with it. You'll end up with more wins on average, and sometimes you'll miss a day or two, so you'll get a bunch of gold back from questing.

Plus, there are rewards to help you out. Once you get to 100 wins (I think), you should get 300 gold or so. There are a few other milestones too.

Level 24
There are 6 hidden quests new players might not know of.

100 Wins = 300 gold
1 000 Wins = 300 gold
Defeat all expert level AI's = 100 gold
Defeat all normal level AI's 100 gold
Collect all Murloc cards = Old Murk-Eye (Legendary)
Collect all Pirate cards = 2x Captains Parrot (Epic)

Level 17
I'd say Thalnos is the best legendary in the game (after Overspark and Pagle were nerfed to the point of becoming so crappy they don't even deserve to be a card, let alone a legendary). But it is one of those legendaries I would never use 1600 dust for.

Also I poop on your legendary "stats", I have opened above 130 packs and have gotten only a single legendary.
But yes the general consensus is that you get one legend in about 17~20 packs.

And the thing with arena is, you absolutely must be capable of hitting 10~12 wins. Averaging only 4 wins does nothing for you because it is statistically same as just buying a pack, averaging only 3 wins is actually worse than just buying a pack.
Unfortunately, most people average 4 wins. (HALF of people doesn't even average that much)

Level 12
And the thing with arena is, you absolutely must be capable of hitting 10~12 wins.

7+ wins gives 150+ gold

Depending on how many arena runs you play per day and how lucky you are with quests getting an average of 5 wins can suffice to not lose gold. Doing arena also give you more dust for crafting than if you'd just buy packs, especially if you're disenchanting the gold cards you get sometimes.

Level 17
Nobody wants the dust/cards, you want the gold to buy another arena for sustainability.
You generally don't even want an extra pack as this negatively impacts your sustainability (and it often takes up a spot where higher amount of gold than what you need for a pack would be) one pack + gold is the best you can get. (so 500~ gold + pack at 12 wins is among the best you can get)

And yes 7 wins does give you above 150 gold but if that is your best result then it is not very good, because of the exponential growth of rewards it is tricky to judge how you do based on your average win ratio.
This means if you are consistently getting 5~7 you have a 6 win ratio, but you get the same win ratio if you have 0~12 wins distributed evenly, yet the one with more consistent win ratio is much worse.
So you are aiming for really good win streaks, rather than really good win ratio.

And yeah you can break even at 4~5 wins you just need to keep in mind that "breaking even" simply means buying packs with an added price of a significant time investment.

Level 12
And yeah you can break even at 4~5 wins you just need to keep in mind that "breaking even" simply means buying packs with an added price of a significant time investment.

Breaking even means you got 100 gold to buy a pack for the time investment + potential extra pack, foiled card or dust which also helps toward your goal of getting cards. Until you have enough gold to keep going even if you get a bad day it's most likely preferred to get the extra gold instead though.

And considering how many Legend gold farmers there are if you're low ranked without a whole lot of cards then you have probably a higher chance of winning games in arena to begin with.

Right now I'm personally saving for naxx however.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Just played 3 games today to get back in shape, won 2 of them and got to rank 23 :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.