1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

THW Hearthstone Tournament #2 (EU)

Discussion in 'Hearthstone' started by PurgeandFire, May 27, 2014.

1. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    It feels expensive in the beginning for sure. After a while, you become okay with it. You'll end up with more wins on average, and sometimes you'll miss a day or two, so you'll get a bunch of gold back from questing.

Plus, there are rewards to help you out. Once you get to 100 wins (I think), you should get 300 gold or so. There are a few other milestones too.

2. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    There are 6 hidden quests new players might not know of.

100 Wins = 300 gold
    1 000 Wins = 300 gold
    Defeat all expert level AI's = 100 gold
    Defeat all normal level AI's 100 gold
    Collect all Murloc cards = Old Murk-Eye (Legendary)
    Collect all Pirate cards = 2x Captains Parrot (Epic)

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    the 1k wins should be 3000 gold.. I was really sad when I only got 300 for it

4. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I'd say Thalnos is the best legendary in the game (after Overspark and Pagle were nerfed to the point of becoming so crappy they don't even deserve to be a card, let alone a legendary). But it is one of those legendaries I would never use 1600 dust for.

Also I poop on your legendary "stats", I have opened above 130 packs and have gotten only a single legendary.
    But yes the general consensus is that you get one legend in about 17~20 packs.

And the thing with arena is, you absolutely must be capable of hitting 10~12 wins. Averaging only 4 wins does nothing for you because it is statistically same as just buying a pack, averaging only 3 wins is actually worse than just buying a pack.
    Unfortunately, most people average 4 wins. (HALF of people doesn't even average that much)

5. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    7+ wins gives 150+ gold

Depending on how many arena runs you play per day and how lucky you are with quests getting an average of 5 wins can suffice to not lose gold. Doing arena also give you more dust for crafting than if you'd just buy packs, especially if you're disenchanting the gold cards you get sometimes.

6. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Nobody wants the dust/cards, you want the gold to buy another arena for sustainability.
    You generally don't even want an extra pack as this negatively impacts your sustainability (and it often takes up a spot where higher amount of gold than what you need for a pack would be) one pack + gold is the best you can get. (so 500~ gold + pack at 12 wins is among the best you can get)

And yes 7 wins does give you above 150 gold but if that is your best result then it is not very good, because of the exponential growth of rewards it is tricky to judge how you do based on your average win ratio.
    This means if you are consistently getting 5~7 you have a 6 win ratio, but you get the same win ratio if you have 0~12 wins distributed evenly, yet the one with more consistent win ratio is much worse.
    So you are aiming for really good win streaks, rather than really good win ratio.

And yeah you can break even at 4~5 wins you just need to keep in mind that "breaking even" simply means buying packs with an added price of a significant time investment.

7. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Breaking even means you got 100 gold to buy a pack for the time investment + potential extra pack, foiled card or dust which also helps toward your goal of getting cards. Until you have enough gold to keep going even if you get a bad day it's most likely preferred to get the extra gold instead though.

And considering how many Legend gold farmers there are if you're low ranked without a whole lot of cards then you have probably a higher chance of winning games in arena to begin with.

Right now I'm personally saving for naxx however.

8. Just played 3 games today to get back in shape, won 2 of them and got to rank 23 :p

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2014
  9. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I wont be able to compete.

10. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    rip in peace

11. PurgeandFire

PurgeandFire

Code Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Aw. Hopefully you'll be in for the next one.

12. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    I hope so too. :)

13. Theoden of KoMe

Theoden of KoMe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Too bad razosh.Hope to see you in the next tourny....

14. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    oh come on. I who wanted revenge, on well one less to worry about I suppose.

15. YAY I just reached level 20 ^^ Gimme the sexy cardback blizz!

Just to clarify isn't the tournament starting in 10 mins? (7 P.M., GMT+2)

16. Death Adder

Death Adder

Resources:
    Resources:
    Final edit: im retarded sorry

Last edited: May 30, 2014
  17. Then there's something wrong with this sentence...

18. Talavaj

Talavaj

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It is 6:00 pm CET atm. So that sentence is correct.

19. oooooh I get it, it's summer time so it's +1 hour for me lol :p Me so wintery and confused, sorry peeps

20. What?

Ehh... I'm confused af, but okay.. that's actually good for me, I get to practice :p