• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

THW Hearstone Tournament #1 (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
134776d1398706350-thw-hearstone-tournament-1-eu-hearthstone_logo.png

1st Official THW Tournament (EU)

Welcome, traveller, to the Hive Workshop's first official Hearthstone Tournament! Unstrap that shiny armour, sheathe thy mighty weapon and bring forth your best deck and a jug of juicy battle-spirit. Partake in some table-turning challenges with friends and foes for a chance at absolutely magnificent glory... and reputation.

To sign up, provide us this information as a reply to this thread.

• Battletag
  • Class and Decklist (and Sidedecked cards, if you choose to use one)
  • Timezone (In GMT)
Rewards

Players will be rewarded reputation according to their standings.

1st: 20 Reputation
2nd: 10 Reputation
3rd: 5 Reputation

Rules

• To play in this tournament, you must have access to the European Hearthstone Servers.
  • The tournament's type will be Swiss, everyone keeps playing until the end:
    • Best out of three
    • If you are absent in a game, you are dropped from the tournament
    • If you are dropped from the tournament, you do not receive any rewards
  • You must provide your battletag to the other heroes that participate in the tournament.
  • Side Decks can be used. Up to 6 cards different from your main deck.
Clarification: You can have as many decks as you want. You must always play the first game of the round with your main deck, and are allowed to switch to side decks for the next games of the round.

The tournament will start on 17/5/2014 and end 18/5/2014

Tonex#1354
Arcane Missiles x 2
Arcane Explosion x 2
Arcane Intellect x 2
Fireball x 2
Polymorph x 2
Murloc Raider x 2
Bloodfen Raptor x 2
Novice Engineer x 2
River Crocolisk x 2
Raid Leader x 2
Wolfrider x 2
Oasis Snapjaw x 2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x 2
Nightblade x 2
Boulderfist Ogre x 2

Prime#2121
233729-albums7316-picture83951.png

Razosh#2146

2x Argent Squire
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Frostbolt
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Amani Berserker
2x Sunfury Protector
1x Acolyte of Pain
2x Earthern Ring Farseer
2x Harvest Golem
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Water Elemental
1x Argent Commander
2x Boulderfist Ogre
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
2x Flamestrike

Sideboard:
1x The Black Knight
1x Baron Geddon
1x Stormwind Champion
1x Gruul
1x Onyxia
1x Sea Giant

Statharas#2563

2x Corruption
2x Mortal Coil
2x Voidwalker
2x Ironbeak Owl
2x Drail Life
1x Sense Demons
2x Shadow Bolt
2x Acolyte of Pain
2x Flesh Eating Ghoul
1x Void Terror
2x Hellfire
2x Violet Teacher
2x Azure Drake
2x Siphon Soul
2x Lord of the Arena
1x Lord Jaraxus
1x Ysera

Sideboard:
2x Spellbreaker
1x Abomination
1x Summoning Portal
2x Acidic Swamp Oose

Velozity#2625

2x Earth Shock
2x Lightning Bolt
1x Rockbiter Weapon
2x Argent Squire
1x Stormforged Axe
2x Ancestral Spirit
2x Flametogue Totem
2x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
1x Lightning Storm
1x Mana Tide Totem
1x Unbound Elemental
2x Azure Drake
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Gadgetzan Auctioneer
2x Argent Commander
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
2x Fire Elemental
1x Sunwalker
1x Ysera

Saladfork#1595 (Purge)

135251d1400216134-thw-hearstone-tournament-1-eu-poother-deck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Tonex#1354

Default Mage Deck:
Arcane Missiles x 2
Arcane Explosion x 2
Arcane Intellect x 2
Fireball x 2
Polymorph x 2
Murloc Raider x 2
Bloodfen Raptor x 2
Novice Engineer x 2
River Crocolisk x 2
Raid Leader x 2
Wolfrider x 2
Oasis Snapjaw x 2
Sen'jin Shieldmasta x 2
Nightblade x 2
Boulderfist Ogre x 2

PDT (UTC - 7)

Dang this looks fun... Should've gotten into Hearthstone before this.

No better time than now! Even if you might not be able to make it to this tournament, these will ideally be hosted regularly, so you can surely make it to the next ones. And it would be great to get in before the Naxxramas patch so you can get acquainted with the game.

Level 24
Razosh#2146
GMT + 1

2x Argent Squire
2x Mana Wyrm
2x Frostbolt
1x Acidic Swamp Ooze
2x Amani Berserker
2x Sunfury Protector
1x Acolyte of Pain
2x Earthern Ring Farseer
2x Harvest Golem
2x Fireball
2x Polymorph
2x Chillwind Yeti
2x Water Elemental
1x Argent Commander
2x Boulderfist Ogre
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
2x Flamestrike

2x Sen'Jin Shieldmasta
1x The Black Knight
1x Gruul
1x Onyxia
1x Sea Giant

Last edited:
Level 2
Velozity#2625
GMT +2

2x Ancestral Healing
2x Lightning Bolt
2x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Fire Elemental
2x Ancestral Spirit
2x Sunwalker
1x Lightning Storm
1x Acolyte of Pain
1x Earthern Ring Farseer
1x Harvest Golem
1x Injured Blademaster
1x Mana Tide Totem
1x Defender of Argus
1x Spellbreaker
1x Bloodlust
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Fen Creeper
1x Harrison Jones
1x Lord of the Arena
1x Ysera

2x Leper Gnome
2x Timber Wolf
2x Explosive Trap
2x Misdirection
2x Bluegill Warrior
2x Starving Buzzard
2x Animal Companion
2x Kill Command
2x Unleash the Hounds
2x Jungle Panther
2x Scarlet Crusader
2x Defender of Argus
1x Wolfrider
1x Hunter's Mark
1x Arcane Shot
1x Dark Iron Dwarf
1x Stranglethorn Tiger
1x Gladiator's Longbow

2x Loot Hoarder
2x Mark of Nature
2x Mark of the Wild
1x Silver Hand Knight
1x Wild Growth
1x Wrath
1x Ancient Watcher
1x Master Swordsmith
1x Novice Engineer
1x Pint-Sized Summoner
1x Savage Roar
1x Earthen Ring Farseer
1x Scarlet Crusader
1x Bite
1x Soul of the Forest
1x Swipe
1x Chillwind Yeti
1x Cult Master
1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Nourish
1x Starfall
1x Druid of the Claw
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Force of Nature
1x Ironbark Protector
1x Ancient of Lore
1x Ysera

Note : These are the decks I've had best results out of. Dunno why they seem quite random, but that's why I chose them. This is for the funs, so, I don't think it's a great crime against humanity, eh? ;)

Level 33
Does Hearthstone supports cross-region play now ?

One day I went to test it with my friend (I'm from America server and he's from Asia server).
Of course the only way to duel someone is you have to add them and challenge them via Friend List.

How can I even add people that is not from the same server ?

I'm playing America currently, so if I have to switch to Europe, I won't have all the cards that I collected, aren't I ?

Level 12
  • Class and Decklist (and Sidedecked cards, if you choose to use one)

• Side Decks can be used. Up to 6 cards different from your main deck.

Clarification: You can have as many decks as you want. You must always play the first game of the round with your main deck, and are allowed to switch to side decks for the next games of the round.

Does this mean we are only allowed to have a Main deck and then make multiple similar decks that are different by up to 6 cards only? (only pick one class and play the same thing all the matches).

OR

You can have 3 decks and each of them have similar versions of the same deck, up to 6 cards different?

(I were under the impression that you'd play one deck and then it would get knocked out if you lose so you proceed to use another of your 3 decks or a version of them)

Does Hearthstone supports cross-region play now ?

On the battle.net launcher you switch region (bottom left corner) you have the same account name and battle tag but progress on the other server(s) isn't shared.

How can I even add people that is not from the same server ?

You can only have friends from the same server, basically you can have up to 3 friend lists depending on how many servers you play on.

Velozity, did you bother to read the thread? One class, 6 cards sideboard.

Adder, let's take this from the top: You have your main deck, 30 cards. You have your sideboard. 6 cards. You can have any number of decks to use, your main and your side decks. Your side decks must be using cards from your main deck and your sideboard, thus it has to have at least 24 cards from your main deck.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Should you longen the dead line? To get more ppl to join

Level 12
Adder, let's take this from the top: You have your main deck, 30 cards. You have your sideboard. 6 cards. You can have any number of decks to use, your main and your side decks. Your side decks must be using cards from your main deck and your sideboard, thus it has to have at least 24 cards from your main deck.

So if you're using 24 neutral cards then you can have a side deck with another class? (25 if you're counting class as a card too)

Your clarification isn't as clarifying as you'd might think...

First the best of 3 part might make one think it's the same format as they played at blizzcon (and other tournaments that have been streamed) so even if it's not really your fault one can jump to conclusions or atleast be uncertain.

So I think it would be really nice if you'd write down the "obvious" parts aswell, like if you are allowed to use more classes than one.

Even if it's not some big cash prize pool and is just for funzies I personally think that it would be nice to have the rules set in stone.

Last edited:
So if you're using 24 neutral cards then you can have a side deck with another class? (25 if you're counting class as a card too)

I am quite confident that it is one class–one deck, and then the side deck can have up to 6 cards changed from the original.

We may try out multiple-class games for the next ones (similar to the other tourneys), but for now let's just try this out. :)

defskull said:
I'm playing America currently, so if I have to switch to Europe, I won't have all the cards that I collected, aren't I ?

Correct. When you switch regions, it is almost like playing a new hearthstone account. You have to go through the campaign, etc. But I recommend it. All the hearthstone tournaments will likely be on EU (since it is used by the majority of people here), and it is always nice to have another account ready for fun matches. To change server, just switch from "Americas" to "Europe" in battle.net launcher, in the hearthstone tab.

Level 17
That makes a lot more sense.
A 6 card side deck is not enough, if you end up going against a generally unfavorable match up (eg. shaman vs hunter) just changing 6 cards won't help considering the class is weaker because of its fundamental mechanics more so than the card selection.
Also making the decklists public is counter productive, now I can just look up what the applicants are playing and register generally favorable decks against the majority, besides you don't have a meaningful way to check if people stuck with their registered decklist anyway :p

Level 12
That makes a lot more sense.
A 6 card side deck is not enough, if you end up going against a generally unfavorable match up (eg. shaman vs hunter) just changing 6 cards won't help considering the class is weaker because of its fundamental mechanics more so than the card selection.
Also making the decklists public is counter productive, now I can just look up what the applicants are playing and register generally favorable decks against the majority, besides you don't have a meaningful way to check if people stuck with their registered decklist anyway :p

Definitly agree, if I considered it something else than "for fun". Right now I think it's better to get it going and have a 2nd tournament sooner than pushing up the 1st.

Also personally I'd prefer the rule set to allow to either have more decks than you need to win or allow the use of the same deck again. Because I really don't like the "beat all 3 decks" format since if you lose with a favoured deck it either came down to a misplay or sheer luck, it shouldn't mean you are forced to play another deck that would have a lower chance to win in the matchup.

The "beat all 3 decks" format forces you to make three "good all around" decks and doesn't really allow for much creativity imo.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

It's a f*cking mini tournament, who even bothers to stalk others' decks -_-

Level 24
Definitly agree, if I considered it something else than "for fun". Right now I think it's better to get it going and have a 2nd tournament sooner than pushing up the 1st.

Also personally I'd prefer the rule set to allow to either have more decks than you need to win or allow the use of the same deck again. Because I really don't like the "beat all 3 decks" format since if you lose with a favoured deck it either came down to a misplay or sheer luck, it shouldn't mean you are forced to play another deck that would have a lower chance to win in the matchup.

The "beat all 3 decks" format forces you to make three "good all around" decks and doesn't really allow for much creativity imo.

So first you say that you should be allowed to use the same deck all the time even if you loose with it. You later say that being allowed only three decks does not offer enough creativity. But using the same deck 3 times does?

In my tournament you were allowed to use more than 3 decks but only three decks in one competition so if you won you were allowed to use 3 different decks against the next competitor if you wanted.

Your clarification isn't as clarifying as you'd might think...

First the best of 3 part might make one think it's the same format as they played at blizzcon (and other tournaments that have been streamed) so even if it's not really your fault one can jump to conclusions or atleast be uncertain.

So I think it would be really nice if you'd write down the "obvious" parts aswell, like if you are allowed to use more classes than one.

Even if it's not some big cash prize pool and is just for funzies I personally think that it would be nice to have the rules set in stone.

...Only one class allowed...

Also, toss me your typed decklist :/

Last edited:
Level 12
So first you say that you should be allowed to use the same deck all the time even if you loose with it. You later say that being allowed only three decks does not offer enough creativity. But using the same deck 3 times does?

Well one doesn not exclude the other, people could be allowed to have more than 3 decks and play with the same deck all games too.

First example would be to prevent the steamroll that can happen if you lose your first match in a favourable matchup. Naturally you would still want to use that deck instead of another one which is on even terms or unfavored in the next match.

The second is to allow people to have more specific decks that perhaps lose straight up against some decks but can be really strong against some other, so you don't have to make every deck good against any deck.

Again just two suggestions based on MY opinions and thoughts after watching other tournaments, seeing as this is the thread for the tournament and I intend to partake in it I shared my own preference.

Also, toss me your typed decklist :/

I edited my first post in this thread with a screenshot in a spoiler some hours ago

Velozity#2625
GMT +2

2x Ancestral Healing
2x Lightning Bolt
2x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
2x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
2x Fire Elemental
2x Ancestral Spirit
2x Sunwalker
1x Lightning Storm
1x Acolyte of Pain
1x Earthern Ring Farseer
1x Harvest Golem
1x Injured Blademaster
1x Mana Tide Totem
1x Defender of Argus
1x Spellbreaker
1x Bloodlust
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Fen Creeper
1x Harrison Jones
1x Lord of the Arena
1x Ysera

2x Leper Gnome
2x Timber Wolf
2x Explosive Trap
2x Misdirection
2x Bluegill Warrior
2x Starving Buzzard
2x Animal Companion
2x Kill Command
2x Unleash the Hounds
2x Jungle Panther
2x Scarlet Crusader
2x Defender of Argus
1x Wolfrider
1x Hunter's Mark
1x Arcane Shot
1x Dark Iron Dwarf
1x Stranglethorn Tiger
1x Gladiator's Longbow

2x Loot Hoarder
2x Mark of Nature
2x Mark of the Wild
1x Silver Hand Knight
1x Wild Growth
1x Wrath
1x Ancient Watcher
1x Master Swordsmith
1x Novice Engineer
1x Pint-Sized Summoner
1x Savage Roar
1x Earthen Ring Farseer
1x Scarlet Crusader
1x Bite
1x Soul of the Forest
1x Swipe
1x Chillwind Yeti
1x Cult Master
1x Sen'jin Shieldmasta
1x Nourish
1x Starfall
1x Druid of the Claw
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Force of Nature
1x Ironbark Protector
1x Ancient of Lore
1x Ysera

Note : These are the decks I've had best results out of. Dunno why they seem quite random, but that's why I chose them. This is for the funs, so, I don't think it's a great crime against humanity, eh? ;)
You need to choose one class :v

Level 2
Didn't bother coming around yesterday to do this, so I'll do it now.

But yes I shall choose my shaman deck now something like updated :

2x Earth Shock
2x Lightning Bolt
1x Rockbiter Weapon
2x Argent Squire
1x Stormforged Axe
2x Ancestral Spirit
2x Flametogue Totem
2x Feral Spirit
2x Hex
1x Lightning Storm
1x Mana Tide Totem
1x Unbound Elemental
2x Azure Drake
1x Faceless Manipulator
1x Gadgetzan Auctioneer
2x Argent Commander
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
2x Fire Elemental
1x Sunwalker
1x Ysera

And this is just for the funs so won't be making any other decks. Not that hc tourney :p

Edit : Tought I had it out earlier but okayyy.... Velozity#2625

And to be sure GMT +2

Last edited:
Level 24
Well I keep editing my sidedeck all the time but now I'm going to bed soon and when I wake up it'll be the 16th so this is the last change.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Tonex do you have game recording program? I would love to see that happening, if you uploaded it to youtube

Level 24
Tournement starts tomorrow and you're no longer allowed to edit your deck. The only thing remaining is to wait for Statheras to announce the ladder.

May the force be ever in your favor.

Level 24
So it will start in just a little more than 5 hours. For anyone who does not live in America 2 PM PST is 21:00 for western Europeans, 22:00 for Central and 23:00 for Eastern.

Also I've sent friend requests to everyone who was registered on the first post please accept whenever you log in.

Status
Not open for further replies.