• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This is rather funny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe he means sorcerer and Witch Doctor :p

I already said me and DonDustin are making a witch doctor model

and me and General frank are making a Barbarian model

so when he said, you could also create the left 2 classes, i didn't understand cause there's only one left (Sorceress)..

why i said (archevist?)

anyway :D

will see for the sorceress really.. like Much later, since the skin by Archian is already really good

Level 11
And it wont desturb you in battle becouse how often do you see someone changing gear during battle? Should that even be possible?

In my RPG I'm using a full screnn inventory too. and your hero won't be able to change his/her gear while in combat, cause it's simple unlogical to me. While in fight you'll be able to use potions and powerups from backpack, but can't drag and drop them into belt or other slots. These restrictions will make the player to take some seconds and check up stuff before entering a bossfight.

And I must say, the inventory looks nice. The idea with multiboard is a good one. In my map I'm using a background unit and the texttags for shoing the infos for buttons, spells and items. You can imagine the tooltips like in WoW. they are also semitransparent and not fixed to a single location. If you want to know how I did that, simple give me PM.

Level 19
In my RPG I'm using a full screnn inventory too. and your hero won't be able to change his/her gear while in combat, cause it's simple unlogical to me. While in fight you'll be able to use potions and powerups from backpack, but can't drag and drop them into belt or other slots. These restrictions will make the player to take some seconds and check up stuff before entering a bossfight.

And I must say, the inventory looks nice. The idea with multiboard is a good one. In my map I'm using a background unit and the texttags for shoing the infos for buttons, spells and items. You can imagine the tooltips like in WoW. they are also semitransparent and not fixed to a single location. If you want to know how I did that, simple give me PM.

well, diablo franchaise allows for equipment swapping while in combat so we wont change that.

Level 21
BTW, about the Floating interfaces.
Bahh :p They are not following the player, they are following an unit. And thats where the problem appears, our custom camera shows from another angel so we will have to do some INSANE math to base it on that system.
I tryed to solve the problem and failed, thats why im not working on the roll sytem, i came a bit, but then i came to think of the camera issue and had to stop becouse its based of this: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=102351 :O

They are not following the unit. They follow the player's camera, which in the testmap happens to follow the unit, that's a whole different thing. So if you got some minor jass knowledge you should be able to make it follow your game camera.

It is however not MPI.

Level 17
They are not following the unit. They follow the player's camera, which in the testmap happens to follow the unit, that's a whole different thing. So if you got some minor jass knowledge you should be able to make it follow your game camera.

It is however not MPI.

Then it is following the unit.... in the preview.
But i remember them saying that they could not make it follow the camera, perfectly if they doesnt use units stucked to it becouse in the version where it follows the camera, it kind of blinks after you.
And its not MPI.

Level 19
Then it is following the unit.... in the preview.
But i remember them saying that they could not make it follow the camera, perfectly if they doesnt use units stucked to it becouse in the version where it follows the camera, it kind of blinks after you.
And its not MPI.

The images are set according to the unit's location and how the camera is set.

Level 17
It can be MPI, just give the buttons invisibility and the other player won't see them.

But thats not the problem.
First we should decide if we want to use it at all, and we wont use it for a bar with spells, thats just useless and time consuming.
Then we should try to get the thing to work.
Then we should talk about making it MPI.

So we wont use this, no reason to talk about it and its totally off-topic, i said before that we should stop talking about this but no one ever listen. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.