• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

This is rather funny :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This is nothing
check this out..
a person named darkalex from a chinese site has modded the map into chinese
d3inchese.jpg

But.. they are making lots of diablo 3 models.. *shown below*
i sent these to cloudwolf... but he cant use them cause of size issues *qq*
THE FOLLOWING MODELS ARE MADE BY SHEAP AND DARKALEX
First of.... the legendery... BARBARIAN
barbz.jpg

next... the infamous.. One Thousand POUNDER
1000yqb.jpg

Dont forget.. the imba.. unburied!
unburied.jpg

Next the pack of doom!
Top left.. the scary LEMPREY
Top right.. the creepy crawler
and bottom.. the killer abonimation *boo hoo you have to tint the color to dark blue in game *sohard*
moremodels.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
This is nothing
check this out..

a person named darkalex from a chinese site has modded the map into chinese
d3inchese.jpg

But.. they are making lots of diablo 3 models.. *shown below*
i sent these to cloudwolf... but he cant use them cause of size issues *qq*
THE FOLLOWING MODELS ARE MADE BY SHEAP AND DARKALEX
First of.... the legendery... BARBARIAN
barbz.jpg

next... the infamous.. One Thousand POUNDER
1000yqb.jpg

Dont forget.. the imba.. unburied!
unburied.jpg

Next the pack of doom!
Top left.. the scary LEMPREY
Top right.. the creepy crawler
and bottom.. the killer abonimation *boo hoo you have to tint the color to dark blue in game *sohard*
moremodels.jpg

Use the tag called Hide as those images are gigantic.

Anyway, we've tested those models and we've agreed on not using them as they literally suck. The animations are poor.

Anyway, we're probably going to use D3W Wc3c,net's resources once they make them available. They're really awesome.

EDIT: We've been in talks with some Chinese representative regarding local translation of D3W but we've told them to wait until version 1.18 is released before beginning on the translation.

Level 30
Use the tag called Hide as those images are gigantic.

Anyway, we've tested those models and we've agreed on not using them as they literally suck. The animations are poor.

Anyway, we're probably going to use D3W Wc3c,net's resources once they make them available. They're really awesome.

EDIT: We've been in talks with some Chinese representative regarding local translation of D3W but we've told them to wait until version 1.18 is released before beginning on the translation.

Aye :D The difference between v1.17 and v1.18 is incredible xD Theyre almost 2 completely different games with the sheer number of changes ;)

Level 17
Those models are amazing.

The last one of them looks horrible, it is crap if you ask me and i THINK parts of it is ripped from wow.
And the barbarian just LOOK good. but the animations is horrible and it he is like this when he uses the animations: :ugly:.
and it doesnt fit in with anything else + its to square.
The undead is a wow rip.
There is a better Thousand POUNDER on wc3c.
And unburied doesnt fit in with the map at all.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Honestly this map is probbly far too over ratted. Last test version I played was so buggy, I would call it on the vurge of unreleasable. Yet chinese people want to play it?

Yes the terrain is unmatched if your PC has a decent processor and graphic card to match, but gameplay wise it really is nothing too special for now and is buggier than maps should be.

Anyway, as people do seem to like your map, I advise you give them something worth their love. By this I mean that the release versions should be as bugless and as good as possiable.

A lot of people currently worship your map, thus you are under a lot of pressure to provide them with something that supports their belief.
Who knows, you might actually be able to push DotA out a tad.

Level 19
Honestly this map is probbly far too over ratted. Last test version I played was so buggy, I would call it on the vurge of unreleasable. Yet chinese people want to play it?

Yes the terrain is unmatched if your PC has a decent processor and graphic card to match, but gameplay wise it really is nothing too special for now and is buggier than maps should be.

Anyway, as people do seem to like your map, I advise you give them something worth their love. By this I mean that the release versions should be as bugless and as good as possiable.

A lot of people currently worship your map, thus you are under a lot of pressure to provide them with something that supports their belief.

It's a beta. :p Anyway, I agree with your point that we must release the map in a seemlessly bugfree state. We'll do our best to actually make these fixes.

Level 30

The version you played was an unfinished test version so it was bound to have bugs and be, well... unfinished? xD All the bugs we found during that test have been addressed and we're still correcting bugs we've found since :) So dont worry, we aim to make it as bug-free as possible ;)

0zk

0zk

Level 1

wow...that was a little harsh... i hope 1.18 comes out soon and proves to be as bugless as posible...

Level 17
Glad to hear that but as for now the map probably doesn't have enough substance to actually compete with any real popular map. It's still in beta so we got a long way to go.

my entire body hurts, do we really have to continue much longer?
I dont feel like walking any more.

And on the seriuse note, we actually have came a far way, i hear people talking about this map everywhere, in my school, my brothers school, and even my dad found out about it and i havent talked about it at all with my family :p

It was more popular then i thought actually :p

Level 19
my entire body hurts, do we really have to continue much longer?
I dont feel like walking any more.

And on the seriuse note, we actually have came a far way, i hear people talking about this map everywhere, in my school, my brothers school, and even my dad found out about it and i havent talked about it at all with my family :p

It was more popular then i thought actually :p

That's pretty nice. I hope version 1.18 will shed some lights on how serious we're taking this project. Hopefully Blizzard will give us some recognition. :pP

On the side note... I'll probably start on re-architecture the inventory to make it work more smoothly later and make it less crampy once we're actually leaving beta stage.

Level 19
The map will no doubtedly be popular to get some reference by blizzard at some time, but I doubt they will really take interest in it or announce anything serious about it.
I just hope they release the patch soon, as some of the new natives you may find nice to use.

I've noticed them but I'm not really sure how to actually use them. I'll have to investigate.

Level 24
Bleh. It's a nice map, but to be perfectly honest I think it's been over-blown.

The terrain is undoubtedly amazing, but the game play is pretty simple. It lacks re-playability, and doesn't have enough fun to make a big impression on me as a one time map. I played it LAN, with a few friends and it was fun, but not ground-breaking.

Not to discourage you, just my 2c. I do hope that you guys make it better, and get some recognition.

Level 19
Bleh. It's a nice map, but to be perfectly honest I think it's been over-blown.

The terrain is undoubtedly amazing, but the game play is pretty simple. It lacks re-playability, and doesn't have enough fun to make a big impression on me as a one time map. I played it LAN, with a few friends and it was fun, but not ground-breaking.

Not to discourage you, just my 2c. I do hope that you guys make it better, and get some recognition.

It's true that version 1.1u is pretty lame gameplaywise but you'll see a dramaticall improvement on it for the next version. Hopefully you'll like it. :)

Level 13
Actually i think you're on to something. Everyone just gets omg nice terrain, then its nice map. But i agree that the gameplay is kinda lacking, and it easily gets boring to play. Never the less i cant wait till next version with the inventory system :D

Level 30
Actually i think you're on to something. Everyone just gets omg nice terrain, then its nice map. But i agree that the gameplay is kinda lacking, and it easily gets boring to play. Never the less i cant wait till next version with the inventory system :D

Yea :D We're hoping to improve the gameplay somewhat as time draws on :)

Our final goal is to make 3 maps with a save/load between them plus some PvP stuff. So players will have a goal, and a reason to keep on playing, to improve their character :) Dont get me wrong though, this isnt really going to be one of those ORPG's with monotonous grinding :p

Level 24
I'd shy away from save/load codes, for a few reasons. First, this is Warcraft. I don't want to end up playing one giant continuous game, or saving my character between. Second, I don't want the map to focus on that, when it has potential as a wonderfully fun, 'hack-n-slash' map.

On a second note, I'm not really looking forward to the inventory either. Fullscreen inventories have their place, but lots of the time they just turn into a piece of eye-candy that the game could do without. Here, I'd recommend something that tries to be as un-obtrusive and subtle as possible, and doesn't consume lots of screen real-estate, even when open.

Level 30
I'd shy away from save/load codes, for a few reasons. First, this is Warcraft. I don't want to end up playing one giant continuous game, or saving my character between. Second, I don't want the map to focus on that, when it has potential as a wonderfully fun, 'hack-n-slash' map.

The problem we've got is that we want the map to be longer with more content :p

However, if we add more terrain to the current map the sheer number of doodads will cause everyone to lag out xD Thus, the only way to get round this is to spread it over several maps :p

Don't worry though, each map will be just as Hack'n'slash as the current map :D I'm completely against making this into an ORPG. Theres nothing I hate more than grinding on creeps and long runs between locations xD

Therefore, each of the 3 maps will be their own dungeon / instance and will mainly focus on online team play :p

Theres also going to be a level cap of 40. That way players wont be able to becoma too imba ;)

On a second note, I'm not really looking forward to the inventory either. Fullscreen inventories have their place, but lots of the time they just turn into a piece of eye-candy that the game could do without. Here, I'd recommend something that tries to be as un-obtrusive and subtle as possible, and doesn't consume lots of screen real-estate, even when open.

I kinda feel the same way which is why the original versions contained a 6-slot system :p The only reason we're making it is because of popular request lol :) We're aiming to make it quite simple though :p So dont expect it to be quite as advanced as, for example, the Kingdom of Kaliron one ;)

Level 24
In that case, for the item system I'd suggest this:

Keep your basic six slots in the interface for "Consumables" (potions/spells/ect).

Then, have an additional few slots that the player can open by pressing a key (Esc?). When I say a few, I'd suggest 'round 12. These should pop up along one edge of the screen, and be used for perma items. I'd then reccomend keeping armor/weapon limitations as they are now.

Then, if rreeeaaalllyy neccesary you can have a "Backpack" to act as storage.

Level 19
In that case, for the item system I'd suggest this:

Keep your basic six slots in the interface for "Consumables" (potions/spells/ect).

Then, have an additional few slots that the player can open by pressing a key (Esc?). When I say a few, I'd suggest 'round 12. These should pop up along one edge of the screen, and be used for perma items. I'd then reccomend keeping armor/weapon limitations as they are now.

Then, if rreeeaaalllyy neccesary you can have a "Backpack" to act as storage.

Enjoy the watch.

Level 17
I can't say I really like what you've done there. It'll take up too much time, re-equipping and re-organizing items, when I just want to get to the hacking and slashing.

The potions are done nicely though.

Yoh, i am the creator of the inventory and i want to say a few things.
It always take time to re-equipping(why would you want that in this map?) and re-organizing items(you take the items you need are remove the rest?).
And we are trying to make a map that "...aims to replicate the features of diablo 3..." so without the inventory, which is a huge part of everything, it would give a totally different feeling.
And in diablo you have to take your time fixing stuff in the inventory as well.
And yeah, i love the potion idea. ;)

And it wont desturb you in battle becouse how often do you see someone changing gear during battle? Should that even be possible?
And for the "re-organizing items" part, hmm.. before you couldent even re-organize items, i guess you dont like that?

Level 24
It always take time to re-equipping(why would you want that in this map?) and re-organizing items(you take the items you need are remove the rest?).

I do not understand what you are saying.

And we are trying to make a map that "...aims to replicate the features of diablo 3..." so without the inventory, which is a huge part of everything, it would give a totally different feeling.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an inventory, I'm saying you should have a lightweight one. You are obviously not going to make an exact replica of D3, so I think that you should change elements that will aversley affect gameplay.

And for the "re-organizing items" part, hmm.. before you couldent even re-organize items, i guess you dont like that?

No, I don't. I said that.

Anyway, it's your guys map, but my 2c is that fullscreen inventories are srsly over-rated.

Level 17
Perhaps we could make some system to check if the hero is in combat before opening the inventory?

This would reduce the confusion factor people might get if they accidentally press esc in the middle of a fight xD

And the fact that you can abuse the inventory in battle by opening it, but i wont tell anything more about that in the public.

But w/e, enough talking about that now. :p

Level 1
Just wondering about the inventory, it's nicely done but is it going to be towards the right like in the Diablo 3 gameplay video instead of being in the middle?

Level 30
Just wondering about the inventory, it's nicely done but is it going to be towards the right like in the Diablo 3 gameplay video instead of being in the middle?

Then, have an additional few slots that the player can open by pressing a key (Esc?). When I say a few, I'd suggest 'round 12. These should pop up along one edge of the screen

The problem we've got is that warcraft III physically does'nt support floating interfaces that move with the screen like you see in the real diablo :/

The inventory is literally a collection of doodads at the top right of the screen :) Therefore, theres no purpose in it being positioned to the side, as the other side will only be a black empty space ;)

Nice idea though :D Its just a shame the wc3 engine isnt capable of it :(

Level 16
The problem we've got is that warcraft III physically does'nt support floating interfaces that move with the screen like you see in the real diablo :/

The inventory is literally a collection of doodads at the top right of the screen :) Therefore, theres no purpose in it being positioned to the side, as the other side will only be a black empty space ;)

Nice idea though :D Its just a shame the wc3 engine isnt capable of it :(
It's been done, a interface that floats with the screen I mean. But IDK if it's MPI and it's most likely VERY complex :p

Level 17
Trackables! (&images)

You cant expect everything for us, we are normal people just like all other map makers.
And i dont see a many maps that actually use trackables + i dont have any experience with Jass, and thats where RedMarine comes into play, he is learning Jass and converted it to Jass, and now he will rebuild it to work even better. But becouse he doesnt have any experince with trackables.. yet... we wont use it... yet?....

BTW, about the Floating interfaces.
Bahh :p They are not following the player, they are following an unit. And thats where the problem appears, our custom camera shows from another angel so we will have to do some INSANE math to base it on that system.
I tryed to solve the problem and failed, thats why im not working on the roll sytem, i came a bit, but then i came to think of the camera issue and had to stop becouse its based of this: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=102351 :O

Hello guys, Just saying that Me and General Frank are creating a barbarian model, that you will shurely appreciate for this map :D (the skin is already done, and can be found here in the skin section.)

also, me and DonDustin are making a Co-Up model has well, we are creating a witch doctor model, and i'm shure you might aswell appreciate it for this map, tought i'm right now working on the Skin..

If we need help sooner or later in the making on any of the 2 models, your help could be appreciated.. (just in case)

Level 19
Hello guys, Just saying that Me and General Frank are creating a barbarian model, that you will shurely appreciate for this map :D (the skin is already done, and can be found here in the skin section.)

also, me and DonDustin are making a Co-Up model has well, we are creating a witch doctor model, and i'm shure you might aswell appreciate it for this map, tought i'm right now working on the Skin..

If we need help sooner or later in the making on any of the 2 models, your help could be appreciated.. (just in case)

I've seen the barbarian's texture and I am quite surprised by your texturing skills great job! And a new barbarian model to go along it would be awesome indeed. You guys are welcome to create the other two classes as well if you're willing to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.