• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel

Valenvai presents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel
Created by Valenvai

Map Info:

A single player RPG map with new heroes and new abilities, optional quests, exploring and of course a main plot.
You are a hero, new to these lands, seeking fame and fortune unaware of the dark secrets buried deep beneath this seemingly peaceful kingdom.

Features:

• Seven playable heroes (+2 secret heroes to unlock).
  • New Custom spells.
  • Crafted items.
  • Optional Quests.
  • Hidden treasures to find.
  • Riddles to solve.
  • Non-linear world. Wander free around the kingdom and search for quests and treasures!

Screenshot:

tpotda1_zps60d73364.jpg

tpotda3_zpsdbbb1469.jpg

tpotda2_zps7701df4e.jpg

tpotda6_zpsac366be1.jpg

tpotda8_zpsc1101c26.jpg

tpotda4_zpsc842aef7.jpg

tpotda5_zpsca2bebdf.jpg

tpotda7_zps2b14e4da.jpg

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • My friends and beta-testers (killerjackal, BlackGuard_4, IceBlue, Sideris, miampyritsanaxa, Garidaki) for their support.
  • Hive Workshop for the place to upload my map.
  • Everyone for their productive feedback (in advance).

• Nerfed Dwarven Defender (Riposte ability).
  • Fixed a bug not allowing you to enter Dragonmountain cave, cutting the main plot.
  • Made sign posts bigger. No excuse to become lost now. >:)
  • Some aesthetic changes and neutral buildings (like shops and fountains) don't show on minimap anymore.
  • 27/09/2012 Fixed more bugs.
  • 27/09/2012 Druid spells are in their correct place.
  • 27/09/2012 Defender of Nature (Druid) had its tooltip corrected.
  • 06/10/2012 Added more Optional quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Added a few 'guide' quests.
  • 06/10/2012 Revamped Wolf Companion (Arcane Archer).
  • 06/10/2012 Added more items.
  • 06/10/2012 Some bosses are tougher now.
  • 08/10/2012 Fixed some tooltips.
  • 08/10/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 24/10/2012 Fixed some bugs.
  • 29/10/2012 Added cinematics giving detailed information about the heroes before you select them.
  • 29/10/2012 Added a 'storage' box that you can call anytime and stash your items.
  • 29/10/2012 A few aesthetic changes to cinematics.
  • 29/10/2012 Fixed a bug where you could create more than one artifact of a kind.
  • 30/10/2012 Added a Custom Preview Image.
  • 30/10/2012 Quest giving NPCs have a mark over their head now.
  • 02/11/2012 A few environment fixes.
  • 02/11/2012 Tooltip corrections.
  • 19/11/2012 Buffed Mage.
  • 19/11/2012 After public demand I removed some trees and changed a little the terrain. :)
  • 22/11/2012 Fixed a minor bug.
  • 27/11/2012 Gameplay improvements. Minor bug fixes.
  • 28/11/2012 Some balance issues.
  • 29/11/2012 Environment enriching.
  • 29/11/2012 Some balance issues for Druid.
  • 29/11/2012 Fixed some glitches.
  • 03/12/2012 Fixed bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Fixed Arcane Archer's bugs.
  • 05/12/2012 Some tooltip corrections.
  • 05/12/2012 Some items got buffed.
  • 08/12/2012 Lowered / balanced the cost of heal and mana potions. [*]17/01/2013 Added a special secret code you can use in the next map/part. The code is shown when you complete the map.
  • 18/02/2013 Bug fixes.
  • 18/02/2013 Some camera improvements.
  • 26/02/2013 Fixed a bug considering a secret hero.
  • 26/02/2013 Minor improvements.
  • 24/03/2013 Found and fixed a nasty little bug breaking an optional quest.
  • 26/03/2013 Improved/fixed some triggers that had a chance to bug the plot.
  • 26/03/2013 Minor terrain improvement and grammar fixes.
  • 11/06/2013 Flamewish's (weapon) area of effect increased.
  • 11/06/2013 Gaeran d'Volen has a new model! (credits to Armel)
  • 11/06/2013 Machine Bow (weapon) slightly nerfed.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 25/01/2014 Minor spell tooltip fixes.
  • 25/01/2014 One more riddle type quest added.
  • 28/01/2014 Bug fixes.
  • 28/01/2014 Terrain enrichment.
  • 28/01/2014 The Tomb is now deadlier.
  • 05/02/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 Some quest bugs fixed.
  • 02/05/2014 A few camera improvements.
  • 02/05/2014 Building and some cave entrances now have a Circle of Power to be easier to spot.
  • 05/05/2014 Fixed a quest bug.
  • 05/05/2014 A few lore corrections to better fit with Part 2 story.
  • 14/05/2014 Fixed a glitch that sometimes caused a quest mob not appearing where it should be.
  • 18/08/2014 Balanced Samurai's "Smoke Grenade" ability.
  • 18/08/2014 Nerfed Samurai's Special Class Weapon.
  • 18/08/2014 Slightly reduced attack speed bonus gained from Agility. [*]20/08/2014 You can now choose at the begging of game to play with or without cinematics.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor terrain improvements.
  • 20/08/2014 Minor item fixes.
  • 21/08/2014 Fixed a bug that could cut the main plot progress on non-cinematic game mode.
  • 24/08/2014 Fixed a trigger that could lead to a bug.
  • 15/09/2014 Improved some triggers to avoid bugs.
  • 15/09/2014 Terrain enrichement.
  • 15/09/2014 Added some new abilities to certain enemies to increase the challenge.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new quests.
  • 03/10/2014 Added new items.
  • 03/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Minor terrain improvement.
  • 07/10/2014 Trigger improvement to prevent possible glitches.
  • 09/10/2014 Corrected the color of some items.
  • 09/10/2014 Added 4 Rare Enemies that randomly appear in specific locations around the map.
  • 09/10/2014 Added new loot dropped by Rare Enemies.
  • 09/10/2014 Found and fixed a trigger bug.
  • 10/10/2014 Fixed a few memory leaks.
  • 11/10/2014 Minor changes for convenient gameplay.
  • 11/10/2014 Chances to encounter a rare monster were way to small. They are now higher.
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed more memory leaks. (I hope)
  • 15/10/2014 Fixed a bug I created while fixing memory leaks. Flame me at your leisure.
  • 02/02/2015 Minor bug fixes.
  • 04/03/2016 Fixed an item bug.

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas-
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
Warcraft, Dark Angel, Prophecy, Valenvai, Single Player, non-linear
Contents

The Prophecy of the Dark Angel (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/27 12:29:53 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Reasons: [Optional] Missing Custom Preview Image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga...
Level 6
I really like your map and would like to play it over and over. But after the second/third play trough the cut scenes drive me insane! maybe it's just me..

Level 1
I enjoyed the map
But I wish to add more heroes
And add an option to skip the cut scenes to be easy to play over and over again without getting bored

Level 2
Nice,so you updated the map again,now the cinematics won't bother me anymore.
Waiting for Prophecy of The Angel 2,by the way.
Keep it up,i love your map :D

Key

Key

Level 1
Nice that you made the cinematics skipable

Bug report: If you pick up (any) book and change the position of it in the inventory when you open the book there arent any spells. You have to drop the book and pick it up again and not move it if you want to have the spells inside. Its not a biggy but kinda annoying.

Also can I ask if theres more than once purpose for the gem (true sight) I found the one which gives you the key (wont say more than that) but is there more? :p

Last edited:
Level 9
Thnx for the bug report, although I have no idea how to fix it. I might have to ask in the forums for further help.
As for the true sight (from gem or from the helmet), if memory serves, "the key" is the only thing you need it for. Now that you mentioned it, why only this? I should put more invisible things for the player to find! :xxd:

Level 1
Played whole map trough with paladin, that is really kinda overpowered with self heal :) I finished all side quests as well, although some took a lot of time. The only thing I was unable to complete is that riddle in a dungeon where dwarf sends you (the one about dawn, dusk, devil, beauty). Also, when you teleport out of that dungeon you cant come in anymore unless you activate one of those statues inside.

I really enjoyed it.

Level 6
Yay! Finally I can play without wasting hours of my life reading the same stuff!

Thank you! If you wish I can write some reviews about the things that can be improved. It's a cool map but you could do much more!

But I won't do it only if you want, I see you are also working on the second part...

so, just tell me if you want a review on this map or the next,I played a lot of RPGs and would be happy to help

Key

Key

Level 1
Theres a bug with the final cinematic, the camera gets stuck in front of the castle w/o moving till the end

Level 1
Could you make the monster respawnable plz ?? Because after a while , all the monster get killed and the map become empty ( fell kinda alone , and little bored :D ).Plus , most of your quest make me to travel a long distance and i just want to kill something on the way there :)))
Also i've played your map like 20 times ( this number increasingly day by day :D ) ! Fantastic map :D :D :D

Last edited:

Key

Key

Level 1
Another bug: if you die in the middle of the cinematic, where you go down the hall to meet the three defenders of the dark soul, before you enter the room, the camera freezes on your death spot. You cant do anything and basically you have to restart.

Also I thought it might be useful if you speed tru a game I played to see for yourself what could be fixed, nerfed or what you might see as overpowered.

Estimate time I killed the final boss : 1h20m

Attachments

• warlock101.w3g
    445.9 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Level 3
Actually i noticed from the beginning, and its getting worst when i tried to complete the 1st, 2nd & 3rd quest (troll warlord, nature's revenge and slay the demon).

Level 3
nop.. previous version works ok.. only this new version make the game slower and heavier..

Level 1
same here. getting very slow after a while, about 15 minutes in, after I finish the troll quest. My computer is reasonably fast enough for war 3.

I like the map: difficulty level fits me, freedom rather than linear, terrain is great (until the part I played, love walking in the forests).

So where can I find the earlier version that doesn't run slow? :)

Level 1
same here..... it just getts slow and lags after a while. I don't think its my Pc, anyway i would love to try this Map again. I love how the Quests and Stuff are harder now keep it up!

Level 9
same here. getting very slow after a while, about 15 minutes in, after I finish the troll quest. My computer is reasonably fast enough for war 3.

I like the map: difficulty level fits me, freedom rather than linear, terrain is great (until the part I played, love walking in the forests).

So where can I find the earlier version that doesn't run slow? :)

After 15mins? Aha! You gave me an idea of what might be the problem. It must be the weather effects. I will ask for help in the forums about leaks and will be back to you with news.

Also, please tell me what hero you played. Just in case.

Level 1
After 15mins? Aha! You gave me an idea of what might be the problem. It must be the weather effects. I will ask for help in the forums about leaks and will be back to you with news.

Also, please tell me what hero you played. Just in case.

Sounds great. Thanks.

I check the elapsed time from war 3, it's actually about 20mins (with no cinematics).

My hero is paladin.

It just came to me that I downloaded the file on Oct 3rd. Not "exactly" the latest.

Last edited:
Level 1
Still has the problem. I paid more attention: it didn't happen suddenly at 20 mins, but there was a process, from very subtle lag, to mild, to severe at 20 mins.

Also I'm sure the code of Oct. 3rd version already has the "same" problem, which is my first try.

Last edited:
Level 5
hey, i wanted to Play the new Version but ist very laggy from the beginning. my pc is pretty good and the older Versions work fine, lowering the graphics doesnt work too =( greez

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

5/5 from me.I can't wait to play next part.

Only two things bothers me.When Edessa was destroyed,couldn't there be a bit more flames and destruction?

Dialogues were good and nice but couldn't they be a bit..hmm...'deeper' at times? I liked character personaltiy but betreyal of that Master Summoner wasn't really that 'touching' to me.

I know it's silly and it's not suggestion but curiosity but...could i have some background about that "Blood Raven' dark ranger? I know that this character wasn't important for story at all but still...i wish i would get to know why she turn evil and what the hell was she doing in other part of catacombs.

Other than that? Simply amazing.Keep making good work! :)

Level 1
What is the riddle for the tomb answer? Please help. Also I have no idea how to kill the Mpampoulas ghost as well..Anyone please assist me thanks.

Level 9
If you read through the comments before you can get more help to find the anwer.

Same goes for Mpampoulas. I will help you by saying to look around Yiannitsa city. Someone over there gives you a "hint" how to kill it.

If you are still having problems solving these send me a private message. I will give you the answers.

Level 2
umm excuse me but i played this map and had fun although i didnt finish it yet (pending for now) and i wanted to ask something: Im playing as a vampire and got the helm that sends down an infernal and i noticed there was a place that looked like a hideout near the 1st town so i decided to investigate it. It wasnt quite hard getting there even with all the trees, 3 infernals were enough to cut a path, and once i got there i saw a small camp filled with enemies. My question is what was that for? and why was it closed off by trees and stuff?

Level 9
umm excuse me but i played this map and had fun although i didnt finish it yet (pending for now) and i wanted to ask something: Im playing as a vampire and got the helm that sends down an infernal and i noticed there was a place that looked like a hideout near the 1st town so i decided to investigate it. It wasnt quite hard getting there even with all the trees, 3 infernals were enough to cut a path, and once i got there i saw a small camp filled with enemies. My question is what was that for? and why was it closed off by trees and stuff?

This camp is part of a quest. Once you get the quest, a way opens to get there. The quest can be obtained from a hidden place near the lake.
Infernals were not meant to destroy trees, I thought I already fixed that but it seems I didn't. Thanx for letting me know. I'm glad you enjoyed the map. :)

Level 20
Well.It took me like 5 hours to finish it but was well worthy.I had forgotten that feeling when you just sit on you're chair and play for coutless hours.I have to thank you and you're camping for that.

Let get on with the review shall we?

Terrain:+5/5 I myself don't put that mutch of Emphasis to the terrain.It was good.And considering how huge the map was you did a good job with it.

Custom unites/spells:+3/5 Well i played only the paladin hero so i cant speak for all the heros skill sets but you did put some work on his kit and it was really good.Late game he was a frikin beast it took me like 15 seconds to kill the Angel.HOWEVER...No custom models :'(

Plot:+3/5Plot was predictable as soon as i saw that the arch mage was a master summoner i knew he would go mad and powerhungry. and try to obtain the power for himself.

Gameplay:+4/5The map had all types of side missions which is good but...All of them were done basically the same way...Kill the enemy creeps to reach you're goal.

Total:3.75/5

Overhall it was a really good map.
I have a few sugestions:
1.Make cinematics skipable i knew you put the option at the beging of the game but for me to go through the Mambo Jambo that Master summoner tells me about being the chosen one it is kinda to boring.
2.Add a grace period avaible only to slow starters.Sinc I played with paladin a really slow starter i had to be really carefull when farming

P.S:You're avatar is creapy as hell.

Level 20
I'm glad that you liked it and thank you for your review.
What is the "grace period" you propose?

It is a period when even if the hero dies he dosen lose any money or anything.
You don't get punished for your incompetence :p .A grace period of 5-8 minutes could help alot.I will give a more detailed review on the heros skill sets when i get the time.

A last question when is the second part coming out?And is there by any chance to get a spot as a beta tester?

Level 2
i finished almost all optional quests..so there arent bugs at all..
- when i forge items with glen quest isnt updated as completed..so i guess its repeatable..
- i didnt finish optional quest for 'strange recipe' .. killed ogre for blood didnt find 2nd blood and 3rd head..i guess blood is from shadow creep in trollwood (couldnt kill it)..and 3rd dunno who to kill..lol..
- finished whole main lore with dwarf tank..dont know is it only view bug for hes ult lvl 2..or also stat bug..cause i c lvl 1 info ult even after upgrading on lvl 2..

also i wanna know what is 2nd mistery hero except druid..u dont need to answer if u think its spoiler..i ll find out anyway :D ..but tks anyway..wanna check all heroes..

Level 20
i finished almost all optional quests..so there arent bugs at all..
- when i forge items with glen quest isnt updated as completed..so i guess its repeatable..
- i didnt finish optional quest for 'strange recipe' .. killed ogre for blood didnt find 2nd blood and 3rd head..i guess blood is from shadow creep in trollwood (couldnt kill it)..and 3rd dunno who to kill..lol..
- finished whole main lore with dwarf tank..dont know is it only view bug for hes ult lvl 2..or also stat bug..cause i c lvl 1 info ult even after upgrading on lvl 2..

also i wanna know what is 2nd mistery hero except druid..u dont need to answer if u think its spoiler..i ll find out anyway :D ..but tks anyway..wanna check all heroes..

Well
You get the the blood from the satry that is located into the poision woods you know the wood full of spiders and then full of satyrs he has the invisibility ability so it is hard to find him during the night .You get the black heart from a heretic creep it is really easy to find him.Its a vampire i know it souds cool but he wasent that good

Level 9
It is a period when even if the hero dies he dosen lose any money or anything.
You don't get punished for your incompetence :p .A grace period of 5-8 minutes could help alot.I will give a more detailed review on the heros skill sets when i get the time.

A last question when is the second part coming out?And is there by any chance to get a spot as a beta tester?

Oh, I got it.
Part two is still in progress. I really can't tell how much is left to finish it.