1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 13th Music Contest Poll is up! Vote for the best tracks in this symphony of frost and flame.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The planet's future!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rysnt11, May 25, 2011.

1. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, seriously, rubish definetly wouldn't destroy Earth or Humanity.
    Sure it would increase the amount of deseases spreading and stuff, but for a real apocalypse you would need much more popultion than rubish on the floor can produce.

2. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    If that thinked by 100.000.000 people, imagine, how much did the rubbish Gathered?
    :)

3. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Even if there would be 6.000.000.000 people thinking that way, our planet or humanity at least wouldn't get destroyed.

4. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    If those people throw away at least one little rubbish, a mount of litter would created, and, afaik, litter can spread a methane gas, something smiliar to o2, but with bad smell, if we inhale too much of that, our blood will transport methane, than o2
    And we will died because of oxygen lack

5. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Heck no, not all rubish is the same thing. Plus, hehe, it's not like methane gas just appears.. it exists all time, and it's mostly is emmited by, you know, toorting food, corpses and such. So thorwing away cans or packages doesn't cause metane problems, while nobody would throw away food, unless it's spoiled, and spoiling food has ntohing to do with littering.

6. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Humm...
    Try to search the google about the side effect of the rubbish, you will know what i mean...
    Ahha~
    Oh, and i was no mean offens to you..

7. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem. Hope I didn't offend you too in any way.

Well, you know, all the chemical elements from some materials don't start effect the surroundings only when they're thrown away.

8. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yap, didn't feel any offens from you tleno
    Btw, our dump nowdays is more likely made from chemicaly industried things

9. PastTime

PastTime

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think it's pretty understandable that humanity could get exterminated by other civilizations/get pwnd by some natural events or finally by selfowning itself. Yet im pretty sure that most people go for philosophy "live fast die young" and they don't really care about the future of humanity/planet. It's always like that, we(as human race) don't agree on most stuff with each other so it is (most likely) going to an end...

Well I think I wrote loads of bs right now but well... it's pretty hard thing to discuss, we don't know what will happen and what will/won't destroy us.

10. Drazhar

Drazhar

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well if I was friends with the person i'd probably tell them off, especially when they drop it on the ground and there's a bin only a few feet away (Yes, I have a friend who does this, pisses me off)

I'd spend the rest of my time with the people (including my dogs, yes they're people!) who matter most to me and try to make them as happy as possible.(that's considering they don't know that it's coming)

11. mrzwach

mrzwach

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Not exactly defenseless against most of those things, and the chance of natural disasters actually coming anywhere close to wiping us out is astronomically low.

Really, the biggest threat to humanity right now is something that comes very fast and pretty much wipes us all out before we have time to adapt to it. It's entirely possible that even a giant meteor flying towards the Earth could be averted, but say something like a gamma ray burst directed to Earth would annihilate us. There probably aren't going to be any gamma ray bursts for at least the next few million years. :|

12. Urwaldbewohner

Urwaldbewohner

Resources:
    Resources:
    Samll addition:

This is easy: get it out of my room.

13. Boris_Spider

Boris_Spider

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If someone litters in front of me, I'll pass it on to a neighbor if it's in my yard or step over it if it's not. I'll not sacrifice my time in the hopes that our race may have a chance of exisiting long term here.

The world won't be destroyed by anything we do. We haven't the weapons base to do so. It would merely shrug us off and not even notice we're gone...

//\\oo//\\

14. MGCǂSpectre

MGCǂSpectre

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hmm maybe even if Yellowstone erupted (I still wanna go there and I was close but couldnt), or some other of larger scale happened I think some of us - continent, peninusla, more continents would still survive... So yes.

Even if nasa were hiding info about such object, i think it would be seen in the sky like the Comet 17P in 2007. From my observations there is nothing unusual so imho the incoming object is less likely.

Some are saying some high level govs officials are preparing for some catastrophy but idk what to think... Atm everything seems so normal that sometimes I do feel some things r overreacted even if I have a little more degree to believe.

15. Varine

Varine

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would prepare to cataclysm if I had the funding as well. Does it matter whether or not we know it's coming yet?

Anyway, I put very little fear in the concept of us destroying the Earth and even less in something outside our control, like an asteroid or something (I mean come on, what are we gonna do?). I view the Earth as for the most part disposable, it's really only a matter of time before we can figure out terraforming and at that point it really doesn't matter as we can begin to move on to other (better) planets (I for one have dibs on Saturn). And I have serious doubts about us even having the ability to irrevocably cause damage.

16. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    @all: sounds like you all almost doubt that 'we' destroy this earth

17. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Of course. I mean, we might screw it up so much it would be (even bigger) pain to live on it, but we can entirely destroy it (Well not an entire planet, just the entire surface) only by detonating an entire arsenal. And ever heard of "Nuclear peace"? It's when all nations realise that if one of them releases a nuke to another, others will have to take an action, and it might lead to nuclear apocalypse, killing everyone. So that's why nobody uses nukes nowdays.

And, seriously, rubish won't destroy our planet. Or make it completely uninhabitable.

18. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    @tleno:
    Really?
    Then how carbondioxide 'make' a hole in our atmosphere?
    And how was out temperature lately?
    Isn't it became hotter, day to day?
    and how is the global warming?

19. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Erm, that's not rubbish. That's industry and infrastructure (cars and such), which is not same as littering and causes much more pollution.
    I think those are freons or whatever that damage ozon layer, and nowdays they replaced freons (That are used in various sprays and refirdgerator cooling systems) with other chemicals that don't damage the ozone layer.
    Well, global warming as I already said is realted to industry and cars that release carbon dioxide. Rubish doesn't release as much carbon dioxide as factories do. And wasn't there the thing revealed that all the global warming stuff is made up?
    Plus research also shown that Earth's temperature kept increasing and decreasing periodically with no human influence.

20. rysnt11

rysnt11

Resources:
    Resources:
    The methane gas (umm, sorry about the co2) is comes from rubbish, did you know, that in indonesia, they has a garbage dump that produce methane gas without noticed by the goverment, i wonder, is there any solution to this?
    I know that in the western countries (i'm from eastern) there is alread a thecnology to prevent that, but in indonesia, there was no hope, i just wonder, if our map making could reach the heart of all gamer (wc3 only) to change this?
    hmm...
    Like we making a reforestation game, or something like that