• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Planet wars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Wel, i got this map idea today, and i thought i had to share it, cause i think it is pretty good and i'd like to see such a map around.
However, im not very good with text formatting so you will have to bear with what i can come up with.

Anyway, Planet Wars is an AOS map with 2 factions - Earth Federation and Rebells. Each team should have 5 players...maybe 6 but usually that causes lag.

Now, each player starts out with the same unit - Marine Private. This unit is almost as powerfull as a faction unit (you know, like creeps in DotA and other AOS maps). However, the real power comes with the ability to use vehicles. You can choose to get that machine gun robot that will take down entire armies of marines with ease, or you can choose that demolition aircraft which can obliterate mechanical units. Your choice. So basically, the unit choosing will remind you of Battleships and Battle Tanks.

However, the similarities stop there, as here you dont buy turrets for your vehicle. You can buy special attacks - missiles, miniguns, enhanced thrusters and that sort of stuff. Certain weapons will be limited to certain vehicles - you wont be able to get a machine gun for a bomber just as you wont be able to get plasma bombs for anti-air fighters.

That's how the "hero" system will work. But what will make this AOS different from all others? (we all have seen AOS maps where you buy your abilities, so that isnt all new)
Well, that is how the units fight. You dont get a normal map and have units go down 3 paths and fight. No, here you have 5 planets - 2 main planets, where the bases of the Federation and the Rebbels are, and 3 other planets, where the main battles take place.

First off, lets mention how the units get to the planets. They dont just walk on top of vacuum do they? Ofcourse they dont, so the 2 factions use aerial transports to take units to their designated areas. And yes, that means that you CAN attack transports in order to cut off unit supply for the opponent. Not that the opponents can't use their own fighters to do the same, or defend their own unit supply. If you are a ground unit, you will have to use a transport to get to the planets too, so you should be on the look out for fighters in case they destroy your transport, meaning you will be destroyed with it.

Now let's get back to the planets. There are 2 sides in each planet. One side is designated for each team, meaning that the federation sends units to one side, and the rebbels to the other. There is a small base for each team where their units are dropped. That base has defense turrets, both for air and ground targets. If that base is destroyed, the other faction gains controll of the area, and after some time, the base will be rebuilt but for the team controlling the planet. Therefore, even though the faction which lost the planet will send transports, they will most probably be destroyed before they make their way to deploy the units, meaning the players will have to do something to take their planet back.

Also, once a planet has been taken over by a team, that team's transports will start deploying units to the main base of the opposing faction, therefore trying to push and win. And they lived happily ever after.

That's the best thing i can write right now. Maybe i will update it and improve the text formatting but later. Hope someone finds this idea catchy :smile:

Yea it sounds pretty cool but I dont understand one part why the marine chose its battelship??Nvm that just put some ranks private-General so that you depend on the rank witch battleship you will be able to use,also add like when a unit gets a rank higher give him some +points on agility and so on.
Also change the name of "agility" to exemple Reaction,straingth to Weapon Knowlage and "inteligence" for Military inteligence(sorry for the bad spelling)

If i would rate it i would say 5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.