• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Star Wars Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So this is somthing ive wanted to do for awhile now however a couple things have held my back. First of all the concept im thinking about would be a multi-era, multi-planet, star wars risk. Planets featured would include Hoth, Kamino, Curuscant, Mustafar, Geonosis and Kashyyyk. Depending on how things go and public reaction i may include others like Felucia, Endor, Mygeeto, Naboo, Aldaran ect. Each planet would be a different region each with its own specific cities. for example:

Hoth would be made up of 5 or 6 cities called Echo Base, North Ridge, Frozen Plane, Wampa Lair and a landed star destroyer. Echo Base would make snow-rebels (several types) and snow speeders. Wampa lair would make only wampas and the landed star destroyer (it would be named to an actual SD at the battle which id to a tad bit of research) would make various imperial units including AT-AT's (i got a model for that), AT-ST's and Imperial Snow Troopers. If you control all of these territories you get the income bonus and some units in the middle.

The whole map would be filled with many places like that. The geography is the part where it gets a little bit tricky. Each planet would be its own and would be surrounded by "space". To get to a different planet soldiers would walk on "space bridges" to the next planet. The planets wont be spread far apart. And from each planet, depending on where it is, would only have 1 to 4 space bridges. If it has 4 then they would be on the left right top and bottom. Im not sure what these "bridges" would look like but i would make it a priority to make them look cool so it doesnt bring down the Star Wars gameplay. right now im thinking they would be futuristic tile plating with some laser wall on the sides (so you cant go off).

Meanwhile their would be other means of transportation with Space ships. All would have some sort of attack i think and they would be able to travel over planets/space/space bridges.

Modes would include FFA however i may add something like a Galactic Civil War. Their would be possibly 4 teams: Empire, Republic, CIS, and Rebels. Each would have their own goal (rebels to kill empire, empire to conqure all, CIS to kill republic, republic to destroy CIS). However whatever mode it is their would still be the risk format. a bunch of cities make up a region, to conqure the city you must kill the 1 guard unit which then replaces the killed unit with your own ect.

So what do you guys think?

Fighting Republic era factions vs Civil war factions doesn't really make much sense tbh. Also civil era isn't covered well with models unless you want to make space wars. Also I know what AT-AT you have, but its anims are quite bad.

Anyway, I don't like much risk style games (especially too big ones) tbh if you ask me, I prefer make one map for each planet.

Level 11
yeah ive gotten a big jump on the project and it is a little bit different then what i said, but i think ill nab the starwars crowd and risk crowd really well. Their will be alot of neat units that you havent seen in other games like Wampas, AT-AT (ill do my best to make its animations fit), Naboo Security Forces, Gungans as well as many series of Clones and Droids w/ some sweet looking Rebels on your favorite star wars planets. So far ive completed Hoth, Endor, Hoths asteroid field, Cloud City, Dagobah, Tatooine, Naboo, Kamino and Geonosis with a total of 31 fun cities.

Status
Not open for further replies.