• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Spore (evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
How do you think a map based off the game "Spore" coming out would fair being recreated in warcraft? My basic idea would be to have a section of a 256x256 map split into a space section that has a space view and a ground view where you build on your planet.

Its like this. You start off with some stuff around say the stone age. You steadily tech up while either having to deal with computer ai on your planet or you could have more then 1 player on a planets surface to make it alittle more fun.

You could either create an alliance or kill off the other player/computer on your planet and take his side of resources/land. The plus side of allying could be to swap technology. Have it so you can trade a scroll that contains the technology for a certain object so that you can swap research. *Later when space tech is available u could use spies to steal research like this from buildings.*

Once your tech gets so high you can start exploring space and try to find the other players planets. This could lead to something like dropships landing on your planets surface for land fights, or 2 space fleets intersecting each other into a battle or like spying where u can sabatoge buildings/vehicles or steal research from research buildings.

More advanced stuff could be that u start off as a basic creature thats a hero and what stats and abilitys you train the most would effect what race you get with certain bonus's when your creature evolves later. The evolving-teching would have to be pretty fast-paced to keep the game short. Probably certain modes making it the let u tech up faster.

Thats my general idea, what you think?

Level 7
Yea im not going to try this map since ive really declined the amount of time I put into map making for wc3. I finished my jet fighting top scroller and ill probably have to let my zelda 3rd person rpg go since making all the custom models and stuff is a pain by yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.