• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Space Technology

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey,

I'm beginning work on a massive space map which will be very unique in many features but need some technology help. The game is to be played on over 30 planets ranging from desert, snow, grass, multi, water, lava and rock planets.

All this of course requires a very nice technological system. I need some tech trees for the future but cannot think of enough. I think more minds then just mine will give a better result ;p

Anyway first off I'll be starting with Space technology i.e , space colonization and starship tech.

I've got the following techs so far:

==Space Technology==
-The World Wide Web
-Artifical Satellites
-Rocket Spacelaunch
-Non-rocket Spacelaunch
-Ion Thruster
-Electric Propulsion
-Space Exploration
-Asteroid Mining
-Interplanetary Spaceflight
-Interplanetary Transport Network
-Interstellar Travel

==Colonization==
-Space Architecture
-Space Manafacturing
-Space-based Industry
-Space Colonization
-Asteroid Colonization

These are based in research order - as in before you can get Asteroid Colonization you need Space architecture. I'll need help with the fuel/weapons that spacecraft could use in the future and other colonization technologies, terra-forming won't be part of it. At least until later.

If your interested in seeing what the project offers or would like to help simply PM me for more details.

~Lev~

Level 6
well. we've all heard of laser's, they go up based on power levels. mass weapons are an awsome place to start. railguns, (wich work a lot better in space) cannons, machine guns. missiles have a tendency to be placed in the role of a cheap but very powerfull, at the cost of speed weapon. they go up based on warheads and propulsion systems. the biggest problem is armour. it's the thing that holds space travel back. if we had guns on ships in space it would be a 1 hit kill. you'll need tons of research for armour, and a lot less on weapons.

Level 8
==Colonization==
-Space Architecture
-Space Manafacturing
-Space-based Industry
-Space Colonization
-Asteroid Colonization

Why have 'Space' before everything? It seems odd, since there aren't any other time periods in your game.

==Colonization==
-Architecture
-Manafacturing
-Industry
-Planetary Colonization
-Asteroid Colonization

Sounds better

Status
Not open for further replies.