• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Grand Universe - Map Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The Grand Universe - WIP

attachment.php

Current Map Status: WIP

Introduction

Along those years have passed a secret organization has been researching spacial related things, their objective is to send a human expedition to break the moon's limit, to explore new worlds, new planets, new stars, new... cosmos... In the year 2045 scientists found a formula for a fuel that greatly improves the actual space ships engines and lasts for longer which allows astronauts to go further. In the year 2100 with many new great improvements to the space ships many planets have been colonized by humans and many alienist lives have been exterminated, human race started to want more, and more... More power... More resources... More everything... Some colonies started to get corrupted, and there born... the Space Pirates as known as the Space Rogues, they were terrible... they used to board allied ships and rob everything inside, they used to love the transport ships that which slow and vulnerable, they used to transport resources from planet to planet. When a human corrupts something in the nature, instead of trying to re-clean that thing in order to put it back as the original, he'll try to find a new solution, but a solution that will only help us, not the nature.

This map consists in a combination of a Real Time Strategy map (RTS Map) with a Sci-fi map in order to make a perfect combo offering players a great game play experience and allowing users to exploit the space ships and the cosmos, It'll be an EPIC sized map with a big space area and many planets which will allow the user to explore many new areas never gone before.

Author Note: I'm also thinking in using a Terrain Generator to generate the terrain of the planets and creating new planets every match the user plays, so each match has his own style and allows the user to extend the bounds of the map's universe.

With this map I want to show how dangerous is the human kind and how many damage they can provoke by trying to do something good like finding new planets. A Weird Fact: Always a human tries to do something good to another human something in the nature is damaged.

I'll try to make the map the most realistic possible, but that won't be possible without suggestions and ideas.

I'm making various images and its up to you to choose one as a loading screen, at the moment I've this one:

attachment.php

**I found it on the internet, an artists discussion forum and I decided to place it, because its awesomeness, but still didn't erase the copyrights and the names of who made it.

attachment.php

This one was rapidly made by me, just placed a render in a planet earth photography from the space.

The Units

At the moment I've the concept of 3 kind of commanders:

The Tactician - Very Intelligent addicted in researches with a medium colonization capability and a weak space combat capability

The Raptor - A Combat captain, this guy is always focused in the bloody battle he's the perfect combatant for users who want an aggressive empire.

The Colonizer - Hybrid captain with big colonization skills which allows the user to find planets rapidly because their great ground vehicles and soldiers.

- Commander System: You start off a commander, level 1 (It'll be your hero, if he dies, you lose), As you level up your commander you'l be able to save it and load it in further games, it'll load the experience and game points.

*Looking for suggestions, still don't have precise ideas.*

Soon I'll add the Units and New Commanders!

I'm looking for suggestions (especially to the units), ideas, critics, concepts, models, skins, spells and a Developing Team*

*If, for any reason you want to help me with the map then you can present yourself with a reply in this thread. (Looking especially for Jass scripters, experts with the object editor, spellers, and terrainer. I'm with the triggers)

PS: If you find any misspelled word please report it to me with the correction. Thank you.
Note: This wont have night elves, orcs, undeads or other warcraft III based races, just humans and aliens, similar to starcraft!

Attachments

• Grand Universe.png
    Grand Universe.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 1,504
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.