• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Star Wars/Trek game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
hello. so i am a pretty well developed map maker who is very capable in making truely fun maps. ive been modding warcraft 3 for years and now i think im starting to get pretty good. im usually really great comming up with creativity but right now im stuck. star wars probaly has some of the greatest un-used potential in warcraft 3 right now. there are all these models out, all this freedom the world editor allows, but there just arrant any great star wars maps. so im here looking for anyone who has any ideas/thoughts/suggestions on either

1. a known battle in star wars, preferibly ground/clone wars
2. a gamestyle that would be really fun with star wars like some sort of space rpg or w.e

for a known battle i would re-create it. for example if i did Battle of Endor, i would have half the map on endor controlling rebels/ewoks or the empire. the goal would be to destroy or protect the shield generator. meanwhile in space the other players would be A. surving against imperial fleet untill they can enter deathstar or B. destroying the rebels before the generator is destroyed.

<-- im looking for some ideas like that. the reason i dont think id want to do a battle of endor is because i dont think it really uses the potential of star wars.

im also a star trek fan. and it might be fun to make a star trek RPG where each player picks a class, and play an important role on a ship. engineer controls movement, weapons officer controls weapons, captain supervises everything and guides crew, transport team is the "away team", ect. if anyone could expand on this idea for me here, id be willing to create this type of game. it would also work as star wars too i suppose.

so any ideas on star trek/star wars featuring a major battle or RPG just post up whatever ur thinking!

Level 7
I would say the battle on Hoth would pretty awesome.

Maybe you could add a reputation system, like in Freedom Fighters. If you do a quest or something important, or get a certain amount of kills on the battlefield, you are granted more units under your direct control, because the soldiers see that you are a good leader.

This works so that you start with a hero, and, if you are good, end with small army.

Level 11
the bad part about hoth thou is that there isnt any Imperial AT-AT models, and im not so sure about snowspeeder models :/. however ur reputation system would be a cool system to gain ranks in some sort of Empire RPG, as u play a commander or somthing. id also have some reputation-like system for a star trek RPG. and the better it is, the better the ship-class ur upgraded too (and more abilities to use with it).

Level 11
A Star Wars RPG hmm that's a hard one to think of lol I don't like Trek so forget about that already. Here's my idea

map- Planet Genosis or Kamino
Main Objective- (If Genosis is picked)Destroy Seperatist Droid Facility (Genosis is the main planet of Seperatist Droid production.) (If Kamino is picked) defend the Clone base from the attacking droids and do side objectives like power up the main turrets since droids cut off power.

What's make's it special?- Well a reputation/ranking system like anderf sayed eariler sounds like a great idea it could be almost like Undead Assault 2, higher rank = more classes.

Now if a RPG flavor dosen't interest you anymore there always galatic conquest, BUT here's the thing ground combat is important if you wanna control a planet (instead of just sending in a army ship and poof the planets your.)

But to make room for the map add important planets only example 1 player could be Genosis(Droid), another Kamino(Republic), Corusant(Republic), Utapau(Droid).

Here's a idea for that galatic conquest map im talking about. Hope this give's you idea for your map.

Attachments

• Solar Conquest v0.72g beta op.w3x
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Level 11
haha tau. well im not doing RPG anymore. as for the galactic conquest but with ground battles i took a stab at that, and althou some star wars fans loved it/its idea, i ended up really dislikeing the project. here is a link (its also in my sig ATM)

Star Wars: Clone Wars Beta 10
Star Wars Clone Wars Beta 10 - The Hive Workshop - A Warcraft III Modding Site

The reason i wouldnt do Kamino is that it has a very specific terrain that would most likely fail. As for Geonosis, well i have a personal problem with its terrain. i find the desert rather bland, and there is no Republic Gunship (LAAT) model which would be most annoying. also about geonosis, althou most of the models are there for it, i dont think it would be that fun gameplay wise. open desert with just big armies clashing wont take much tactics, and i dont want to make a dumb-person game.

so right now its still between Naboo or Hoth, unless anyone else has other cool planets i could do. however i appreciate all the support so far, even if i dont take ur ideas. i need star wars thinkers! the sooner you guys can help me decide on a deffinite project to do the sooner i can get working on it. keep it up :)

-------------------------------

EDIT: This conversation has been re-thought and moved to this thread. funny - i thought in the last post i did here i was responding on the new thread (forgetting about this one, where the idea of naboo or hoth hasnt been introduced yet)

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f462/new-star-wars-trek-game-94026/#post778104

Level 14
Ok here are the options for each.

For Hoth you are missing:
All AT models
Some Rebel Ships

For Naboo you are missing:
Some gungan troopers
Soom human Troopers
A droid Command Ship

So basically its your choice, unless you get some interested models, which makes me ask this question. I wonder if Olof had any started but trashed star wars models?

If you want my opinion...
Although I believe hoth would be really cool, but Naboo seems the obvious choice here. You have a game-play already set up . Here is an addition.
The first battle the Droid Command ship, seems fine to me, the way it is used to set up the next battle. The next 3 battles each count towards the teams score. The team who wins 2 out of 3 battles wins. The Gungan battle seems good to me as well. However, for the duel I believe the 2 top players play the 2 Jedi, and the 2 top players on the Droid get to play the opposing force. The other 3 players get to players on each team get to play a role in the Palace battle. So those 2 battles are occuring at the same time , which means the bottom 3 players dont have to watch as proposed in the Previous plan. The reason there are 2 top players on the droid team are for an Idea I have for the Duel. But I will tell you that if you start making the map. ^_^
"Is mean"
~Asomath

Level 11
perfect. as for the "win 2 out of 3 battles" score system i will do without, because id like it to be a bit more realistic to win. however (i might as well share my thoughts), for another really long time (months) ive been playing 1 ultamite star wars map. players fight in the death star trench run, hoth, and then endor. u play each map once in order, and then it goes around once more depending on settings. whoever wins 2/3 or 3/5 or 5/9 games wins. but i wont get much into that idea noww.

i will start working on Battle for Naboo, and it will follow the same format.

first battles in space, naboo is set to win the battle (however they can lose). if naboo wins then the time it took to defeat the command ship will be the time they have to last on the ground battle. if naboo doesnt win the space battle (unlikely), then they have to kill all the droids on the plains outside Theed (another hard thing to do). if the gungans are defeated here then there will be twice as many droids in stage 3. if they win then there wont be as many droids in stage 3. once stage 3 starts (battle in theed), the top 2 players on nabbo's side will get control of obi-wan and qui-gon in a seperate place, as the top player on the droid side gets darth maul. they WILL battle in an INTERESTING lightsaber duel that wont be the regular warcraft attacking thing. meanwhile the 3 other naboo players will fight as Queen Amidala/Captain Panaka/somebody (maybe decoy queen?) and other security forces against the 4 remaining droid players. this combat will probaly deal with significantly smaller numbers of troops. if the queen is captured or killed then the droids win, if the viceroy is captured or killed then the Naboo wins. meanwhile in the lightsaber duel, whoever wins/survives goes on to help the queen. they will be the most powerful heroes and very useful.

Level 14
Ah I see what you are gonna do here. How are you going to do the duel though? You are going to have to add like outside variables, such as stages and such. You need to be able to include the players reacting ability, or you would be just pre-determining the battles winner. Good Luck

~Asomath

Level 11
for the duel, im gonna think long and hard about that one. however right now what im thinking is that ill put it in some sort of 1st person mode, and have it be like a whole course u battle in.

Edit: ive collected all the star wars models i will use in this map from here. what im missing is

Obi-Wan (or somthing that looks like an obi-wan)
Queen Amidala (same)
Boss Nass
MTT
Droid Control Ship
more Naboo buildings other then the ones on this site

i can make this map without any of those models however it will be hard without a droid control ship. if u guys know anyone who has these models or any other star wars models not on the site here, say so!

Level 11
im glad i have some interested people in this project. right now what i need most is a flying system. See the post here:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f98/flying-simulator-spell-94623/

as for the droid command ship, i would really really like it if you could aquire it in whatever way because i have no means for that right now.

EDIT: you can tell your modeller if he is willing, he doesnt need to have detail on it. just the basic structure. i plan on manually putting my own weapon/models onto it and everything. also see if he is willing to do a LAAT Republic Gunship model, as i know alot of people want that (including me).

Status
Not open for further replies.