• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Star Trek MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Star Trek: Vengeance (working title)

I would like to make a series of campaigns in a Star Trek mod. Gameplay would be comparable to Warcraft 3 with four races complete with unique heroes, buildings, and units.

Races:
1. Federation
2. Dominion
3. Klingon
4. Romulan
NPC - Borg

Story:
I won't give away much, but it will take place after the last movie Nemesis, and the Dominion begins to rebuild and the Alpha Quadrant has to deal with the coming storm...

Needs:
Modelers & Skinners - a definite must
Mappers - not quite as necessary, but could be quite useful
Anyone with Star Trek knowledge - I'm quite good with this, but 2 heads are better than 1
~

I was just wondering if we had any Star Trek fans here in the community. I know that I have really enjoyed it since I was a little kid, and if enough people are interested, then maybe together we could form a Star Trek project here. I know way too much about Trek info and could make up a sweet storyline and help make race concepts, and even a little mapping. If you're a Trekkie as well, and would be interested in doing something like this, then post here and let us know what you think you're capable of. And even if you don't have the best skills, still like to hear what you have to say.

~

Once upon a time, back a few years ago, there was a mod called Star Trek: Winds of War, and I was a part of it. I don't remember who started it, but he had some storyline in mind for a planetary strategy game, with buildings, units for 4 races: Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Dominion & additionally Borg as a bad guy NPC race to fight. The Federation unit/hero/building concepts were completed when I joined, and modeling had begun as well. I helped establish concepts for Klingon & Romulan units, and was beginning to work on Dominion & Borg. But, the mod's progress slowly creeped to a halt and it eventually died.

Now I'm not proposing that we resurrect Winds of War, because I never started it in the first place, and I don't know what the full storyline was intended to be, etc. However, the idea of Star Trek races/storyline in the WC3 style of gameplay still intrigues me. It could be more RPG if that's what people would lean towards, so I just kind of want a feel for what people would like to do, if interested. I have a storyline in mind and a lot of the conceptual vision, but I will need some help if this is to proceed. There's more background to my story and a little bit of direction for what I had in mind to do.

Thanks to everyone in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.