• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Project Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
For some time I've been developing a map that uses four playable custom races along with a bonus NPC race. It is based in the Star Trek universe and I think it has come along quite nicely. It can trace its roots back to the long-dead project Star Trek: Winds of War, of which I was a part of. Except for a few minor things, the map is basically done, and includes customized units, heroes, buildings, abilities, tooltips (I should also note that I used others' Time Stop, Telekinetic Push, and Portal-to-Portal abilities in this map under slightly different names/conditions).

I would love to continue this further, as I have some ideas for campaigns, and already made some campaign heroes to that end. But, I don't think a Star Trek campaign would be done justice with Klingons running around looking like Orcs, or Borg as Naga, or Romulans as Night Elves, etc. So I am requesting anyone with modeling and/or skinning experience and an interest to help make this map look more Trekkie. If enough models could be made, then I could foresee myself continuing on making a campaign.

To show what I've done so far, I have uploaded my map as it is currently. I can make much better looking maps than this, but all I have done here is make resources and 5 starting bases, so no doodads, creeps, or terrain to make it look nice. This map focuses on the races I have created. No AI yet either, something I would definitely pursue when/if I am making a campaign.

Thanks for any help offered, and even any feedback on the map and what I've done thus far is more than welcome. Even if you don't have any modeling experience and know a thing or two about Trek, try out the map and post your thoughts and ideas. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 00.w3x
    188 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.