• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

How do i get a space terain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Use this, import it into your map, edit the following path:

TerrainArt\Dalaran\Dalaran_SquareTiles.blp

Then find the Dalaran Square Tiles tile thingy and use it like an alpha tile.

Attachments

• Dalaran_SquareTiles.blp
    3.8 KB · Views: 69

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Well, the question is solved, but I'll point this just in case someone ask: If you're making a showcase terrain, simply go to View --> Terrain --> Hidden and the effect will be the same.

Note: This is for showcasing only.

I noticed you couldn't figure out how to add the space terrain, and considering I recently had this problem and it took me awhile to figure it out, I decided to help you out.

No offense to the above posters, but that doesn't really help.

Step 1: The Skin
-Click this link, and download this skin.
-http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/outland_abyss-61045/?prev=search%3Dspace%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20

Step 2: Assigning The Skin
-Based on what type of map terrain you are using, you will need to find a path to a type of terrain you wish to replace with the space terrain.
-Note: You will not be able to use the selected terrain you are replacing with space. Though you can change which one it replaces later, make sure you choose one you don't need.
-Import the Space file, double click, and select the box "Use Custom Path". The custom path works as follows: TerrainArt\MapType\MapType_TerrainType.blp. For an example, I will replace "Dalaran White Marble" with the space terrain.
-To replace "Dalaran White Marble" with "Outlandobyss", you must put the imported file's custom path to TerrainArt\Dalaran\Dalaran_WhiteMarble.blp

Step 3: Seeing The Skin
-After you have important the file and changed the path with a custom one, close the Warcraft III World Editor completely (don't just close the map by hitting cntrl+w, close the entire program itself) but make sure you save your work!
-Reopen the Warcraft III World Editor and attempt to use the terrain you replaced with space. For me, it's Dalaran White Marble. When you place the terrain, it should appear as space. If this didn't work, either close the program and try again, or go to File -> Preferences and change all of the drop down colums to "High". This may create some lag, and if it does, turn it down again after. Once you hit "OK" you should then see the space terrain.

Note: There have been some instances where portions of the terrain start to overlap, so you see part of "Dalaran White Marble" and "Outlandobyss" mixed together. This is caused by the fact that not a lot of time was actually spent designing this program, and some bugs still exist. Simply close the program and reopen it until the error fixes itself.

Step 4: Enjoy Your Map! :D
-If you followed my steps you should be able to use the terrain as specified, though some problems could arise. Contact me at [email protected] if you have any questions, or simply send me a personal message.

Good Luck.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
This works, but it does not give the "space" feeling simple because only the tiles are covered, not the entire environment (like the sky).

Let's say that he made a cutscene, where a spaceship moves from point A to point B. Of course, in a cutscene, different camera angles are used and, by doing that, the "space" effect will look strange, as only the ground is covered with stars, and the other areas being only dark and empty vacuum.

Well if he really wanted to get into detail for things such as cutscenes he could just find a model labled "star" or make a white whisp, make it small, and plant them at different heights all along the map, so that when it zooms into a target it appears as distant or close-up stars. Kind of like in Star Trek when they enter Warp Speed and stars seem to zip past at a high rate, but without the zipping past part. (lol)

Level 2
Well if he really wanted to get into detail for things such as cutscenes he could just find a model labled "star" or make a white whisp, make it small, and plant them at different heights all along the map, so that when it zooms into a target it appears as distant or close-up stars. Kind of like in Star Trek when they enter Warp Speed and stars seem to zip past at a high rate, but without the zipping past part. (lol)

ty i uped ur rep

Level 18
lol, repetto, thats a way to make space, but its alot of bull shit wrapped together in one place.

To make space, its very simple.

All you need is "Outland - Abyss" tileset, and disable the Sky and make Black fog....not to hard takes 1 second.

And to make eventfull space, add stars. You can find stars in the UTM, or space maps, or you can make ur own non imported stars by using a doodad, and replacing its model file wit : " Far Seer Lightning projectile " and making its size to .1 or less. Works great. And even better, get a custom star sky, or use CTRL Page UP on those stars to make it seem like your traveling through space. It would take 2 minutes to do all of this easy.

Level 22
Here is my suggestion to anyone needing that thing because I also wanted one for my 3D camera to see the side walls of the map. You need to create a custom texture 512x512 with tiny stars or dots usually white core and grey surroundings to replace a Sky texture.

-----> The stars need to be tiny and many i.e almost next to each other because:
1) SMALL cause if you use a ground - Abyss with stars the stars on the Sky will be larger than the stars on the ground and it will look unnatural.

2) MANY because the Sky model stretches the texture and if you don't make the stars next to each other and many you will have few stars on the entire sky.

Then import to Environment\Sky\WhateverTilesetSky\SkyName.blp

Set sky to Whatevertileset using an action with melee initialization.

For me adding light models staying randomly in the air is unnatural when viewed from a 3D camera, cause you move around them and that doesn't happen in space, you don't move like as if you move around a tree!

Status
Not open for further replies.