• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gods & Goddesses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I've thought of a map as of late, a sort of RPG/Strategy mix. The game involves all the players being Gods/Goddesses. Each of them has control over certain things, such as fire, water, electricity. Working together, they have to benefit a planet by changing it from a barren planetoid to a thriving life-filled planet. This can be done through spells, which in turn change stats of the planet in tthe certain area they are casted. Planetary stats range from chemical composition to rotational speed. Later on, Gods and Goddesses can obtain things like belief, which improves their stats and abilities farther than the normal level up. There is also hell, which will attempt to thwart the players works and keep the planet at a barren state. The gods and Goddesses have to combat the demons and monsters from hell in order to save the planet.

I'm having some trouble coming up with god types, an exp system for saving, aswell as events, planet statistics and spells. I was wondering if anyone on the hive could give me some ideas.

Level 10
If you need many gods/goddesses just take some from hindu (there are thousands of them) :xxd: jokes aside, make some of the basic elements (Fire, water, wind, earth, light, darkness etc. etc.) at the start you could choose a primary element to control and later on (lets say when you get some people to worship you) you can choose a secondary element (but only get minor powers over that element) after you have chosen the second element you get a couple of abilities that are the result of combinding the two specific elements (like water and wind make it possible to create rainstorms, snowstorms etc.) it would also be nice if everything started completly flat and depending on what abilities you use the terrain changes. And about the "hell" thing that should try to stop you could have some abilities that can manipulate the minds of the people that lives in the land that you have created (when in masses the people could start to riot against cities and the like, those who are alone could become thieves and start to steal things from houses etc. making the victims stop beliving in you since they are depending on you to help them and not make them suffer) and the "hell" thingy could be a randomised player or an AI (chosen by the host) before the chosing of elements.

Hmm i think i got carried away when writing this :cute: oh well i hope you like it.

Level 5
I can't really have secondary elements, because you would have little to begin with. And CVomboes would be put into a single grouping, like

Wind; Cyclone, Wind Aura (Increase/decrease), Windstorm, Air pillar, Warm front, Cold front

Also, a small list of Gods I've thought of;
Fire
Water
Wind
Earth
Nature
Electromagnetism
Ice
Core
Gravity
Nuclear (Radiation)
Solar
Lunar
Disease
Animalistic
Mind/Emotion
Spacial
Light
Darkness
Necrotic
Demonic
Divine
Arcane
Luck

Also, maybe if a God dies from demons attacking it they can be turned into dark god, which gains exp from world destruction.

Level 10
I've thought of a map as of late, a sort of RPG/Strategy mix. The game involves all the players being Gods/Goddesses. Each of them has control over certain things, such as fire, water, electricity. Working together, they have to benefit a planet by changing it from a barren planetoid to a thriving life-filled planet. This can be done through spells, which in turn change stats of the planet in tthe certain area they are casted. Planetary stats range from chemical composition to rotational speed. Later on, Gods and Goddesses can obtain things like belief, which improves their stats and abilities farther than the normal level up. There is also hell, which will attempt to thwart the players works and keep the planet at a barren state. The gods and Goddesses have to combat the demons and monsters from hell in order to save the planet.

I'm having some trouble coming up with god types, an exp system for saving, aswell as events, planet statistics and spells. I was wondering if anyone on the hive could give me some ideas.

Someone played Spore, uh?

Prepare, because I've filled the gods/esses with lore. Greek/latin lore, precisely.

God of Fire: Hephaestus is the god of fire and the forge, and the patron god of blacksmiths, craftsmen, artisans, and sculptors, infact he had a mountain in which the forge of the Gods was situated. He was known as Vulcan in the Roman pantheon.

God of Water: Poseidon was the god of the sea and, as "Earth-Shaker," of earthquakes. The name of the god Nethuns in Etruscan was adopted in Latin for Neptune in Roman mythology: both were sea gods analogous to Poseidon. Linear B tablets show that Poseidon was venerated at Pylos and Thebes in pre-Olympian Bronze Age Greece, but he was integrated into the Olympian gods as the brother of Zeus and Hades.

If you like the idea I could go on. Please note that this isn't some sort of CnP, but everything is written by me: infact, I'm studying greek mythology at school.

Level 5
Quite interesting. Could you come up with some sort of lore of why the Gods are all working on the planet and such? I was thinking it could be some sort of competition, and the God which obtained the most Faith, Belief and Worshippers would win.

Level 10
"One day, when many battles were destroying the world known in that time, comprising Greek and Minor Asia, Zeus reunited the Pantheon, in search of a way to put an end to all the conflict the mortals were creating, or at least teaching them a lesson. As Achilleus was avenging his great friend, Patroclus, on Troy's battlefield, Apollo had an idea. An idea where each God would had the chance of beating others, but in a more intelligent way, to show the mortals a lesson. The competition was about creating a world. Perfect, balanced, peaceful. The Theogony is about to restart: who will be successfull?"

Everything by my lazy mind. Hope you like it.

P.S: If it is too short I'll find something else to add.

Level 5
Sounds awesome, however, was the pantheon in greek mythology? I need something else than that, to obtain gods which master in things like Ice, Space, Electromagnetism

Level 8
The god of age - Ancion
Lore
When the gods were given their roles, ancion was given age. He took humans and seperated their lives into segments known as ages. He ordered the ages, baby to child, child to adult, adult to elder. He made a deal with his brother, the time god chronos, to allow the ages to progress naturally. His work done, ancion slept for 1000 years until now, when the demons have awoken.
Demon counterpart
The demon of infinate youth - noicna
When ancion gave structure to progression of man, a demon was chosen to disrupt it. Noicna was taught the curse of infinate youth by the devil. Noicna would turn villagers into children, leaving entire villages unable to get food or defend themselves.
Abilities
Newborn Blessing - Cast on a newborn child to give it the blessing of Ancion. It will grow up to be a worshiper of ancion.
Elder Sanctuary - Cast on an area. Any Elders that enter will gain increased life.
Buildings
Care Home - Elder People can live here.
Maternity Ward - More people will have children.
Temple of Ancion - Used to worship Ancion
Ultimate
Fountain of Youth - Any elder or adult that drinks from the fountain is restored to the first day of adulthood.

The godess of luck - Cloveress
Lore
Cloveress watched as a child as the gods of law, age and time structured the humans into a great society. The reckless girl cloveress would grant random villagers rewards from no-where, causing the other gods to become angry. When the other gods saw the happiness of the villagers, they allowed cloveress to continue. When she reached adulthood, cloveress was still managing luck and spicing up peoples lives.
Demon counterpart
The demon of wish granting - Serevolc
The devil watched cloveress very carefully. He discovered patterns in her work and decided that she would be biased towards the hardworkers, so he created a new curse - the curse of mortal desires - which would grant any wish that a mortal requested. He gave the curse to the impess serevolc to give the evil mortals of earth power over the good.
Abilities
Grant Luck - Cast on a villager to give a boost of happiness.
Lucky sucess - Cast on an area. villagers that work in the area cannot fail in their jobs.
Buildings
Clover field - villagers who visit here are happier.
Charm shop- villagers who visit can buy lucky charms that reduce the chance something bad will happen to them.
Temple of Cloveress - Used to worship Cloveress
Ultimate
Lucky day - All villagers cannot fail in their tasks tomorrow and gain happiness while working

(non of these are real gods or demons, so dont wiki them :))

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.