• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Oakwood Forest

Level 19
The Oakwood Forest RPG

The Oakwood Forest is an ORPG that takes place in a The Oakwood Forest. This forest is devided into several parts where players can do Events or PvP. People can make characters and level them up to level 40. While leveling they can learn to improve their abilities by chosing certain talent points.
There are 8 races and 24 different classes in this game. Each class has a different play style, and each race has different allies. There are 3 factions; Humans, dwarves, high elves VS dark elves, undead VS orc, goblin, troll.

Current Team:
  • Teuncreemers - Terraining ////////////////////
  • RaiN/Ciebron/Hanky - Triggers ////////////////////

List of Oakwood Forest features:
  • A Respawn system with a little twist.
  • An 11 slot Equipment system that allows you to equip 11 items and carry 6 non-equipped items and multiple quest items at the same time.
  • A bag system, allowing players to collect bags throughout their adventure to store more, and more items.
  • A system that makes every hero unique. All heroes have an extra kind of mana bar that has a different effect/purpose for each class. I call this the "Special Actionbar".
  • A very good camera system.
  • Various boss encounters and events around the entire map. These events and bossfights will scale on the player's selected difficulty and drop loot based on their difficulty.
  • A 256x256 map with great terrain.
  • Multiple game modes. Allowing Player 1 (Red) to select one out of 3 modes.
  • A very unique Selection System
  • A good party system, allowing you to constantly see the hp of your allies.
  • Various quests that shape the world around you; sometimes resulting into great events.
  • The possibility to kill enemy players! (PvP)
  • Around 8 classes for each faction. (24 classes in total)
  • Multiple attributes in addition to Agility, Strength and Intelligence. Some examples are; Wisdom, Dexterity, Focus, Mastery.
  • A high customizable talentsystem allowing players to chose between different strengths.

Last edited:
Level 8
Btw imo you should unlock the newsletter topic so people can post feedback and you can always delete the posts when posting new things.

Level 8
I'm kinda having a slow progress with coding due to less free time. I dunno bout Teun. He made alot of terrain in the last days and got the concept for some stuff done, so I guess I can say we are goin good.

Level 19
Its all going fine:)
Yesterday I also made 2 little additions to systems we currently got in GUI. They're leaky but this might reduce the effort RaiN has to make for making the triggers if I basically got them done in GUI already:)
And well... We don't have a deadline so no reason to rush

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

anti-forum delete bump =P
Looks good.

Level 19
when will it be released? :D cant wait

Wish I could answer that. Just saying we're beyond 50%. Beyond 60% and probably beyond 70% aswel. Still alot to happen, but while looking back alot more has been completed already.
I can surely say this will be done before the summer break. Probably earlier however it's still really difficult to really come with an expected month.

Level 19
ah ok well have you thought of releasing a small preview of like the beginning area? just an idea to generate more interest and suspense for the final release.

Well. There are 3 beginning area's. I might show you some gameplay video's of that soon. Think I can do that. Making a random class in the 3 area's and leveling it to something like level 4 wouldn't hurt. There are currently a few minor issues with the quest transmission system. When they're fixed the quests will work propperly again and I will be able to do this.

Level 19
Let me see.

Sort of a beta progress:
Terrain: ~80% done
Heroes: ~70% done
Bossfights: ~10% done
Items/Quests: ~15% done

That's a small overview. The problem that is bugging me is called 'exams' so I'm not really active atm. I will ofc spend time on Oakwood whenever I got the time and feel like it.

Level 19
anti-forum delete bump!

Oh and wanted to say that I made a lot quests yesterday and continueing today yay.

Level 19
Screenshots look nice, keep up the good work.

Just need a scripter to replace RaiN. right now. Still some system changes to be done and some bossfights to be made, spells to be finished and AI stuff to be made to let characters in cities actually 'live' a life.
But I'm PMing around like a madman. I think I already asked you right?:grin:

Level 19
Yes, you did. :)
I would really join, but for the same reasons .Rain already pointed out I have not enough spare time to help anyone with a map.

Yeah understandable.
I just got to find a futuristic game hater with alot of spare time.. *cough* like me.