• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Legend of Magnador

This map was not made by me, i'm only 'spreading' the work of BlueEagle, the original creator. All the proper credits can be found in-game credits(Most of them is for himself though).

This is the last original version of the map, 1.04 . (Edit: I haven't altered this map in any way, this is the same map you get from the BlueEagle site: http://paulinthenet.de/war3maps.htm )

Features:

-Epic map, with lots of terrain types, from deserts to snow valleys
-Around 10h of gameplay
-Unique and dinamic inventory system - There you can swith party members, use runes to restore your health and/or mana, see a list of already open runed doors, upgrade your character's equipment, learn and upgrade your character's skills and forge yourself a vast list of equipments
-Unique battle system -characters and monsters fight in arena-like places, like Final Fantasy series
-Unique Upgrade system -Earn Combat Points through completing quests, buying upgrades at the blacksmith/magic shop or by defeating bosses, then spend them on your weapon, armor, combat skill or magic skills
-Unique forge system -After a certain quest, you will be able to use the mini-forge on your inventory to create a huge amount of customized equipments (This is the only way to obtain most part of the equipments)
-7 heros to choose from, plus a secret hero, up to 3 heros in the party
-Lots of Main quests and Side Quests
-Lots of cinematics (Esc to skip)

Each Character features:

-Max Level: 30
-Upgradeable Weapons and Armor: Max Level: 5
-Upgradeable Combat Skill: Max Level: 3
-4 Learneable and Upgradeable Magic Skills: Max Level :4

Unlocking the Secret Hero:

I'll will not directly tell how, but i'll give 3 hints, more than enough to figure out yourself.

1.Must be done after getting the Red Orb, but before giving to Gorwin
2.To unlock him, use the comand "Arise"
3.Must be done inside Feria's walls

Forge Guide

I made this from another guide. Not all of them are confirmed, but most of them were confirmed by me. Anything wrong with this game, please send a pm so i can fix it. It was made like this (i didn't included the "Unprocessed" equipments because it's pretty obvious):

Item Name/ Bonus #1/ Bonus #2/ Bonus #3/ Bonus #4/ Component #1/ Component #2

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4458/magnadorforgeguide.png

Bugs and other issues:

-I would love to fix some of them, but i know nothing about creating and editing maps on Map Editor, also i would need BlueEagle permission to do so. I only know how to play XD

-All Heros have Inventory Skill. When used by a particular hero, all heros will be transported to the inventory; after exiting it, all of them will be together with the caster. This can be used to "Teleport"; specially Ethan; between areas if used correctely, useful if you need to go back and forth. Notice also that engaging in battles have the same effect.

-The Teleport system, not the bug , is quite innefective; there is only a few of them, and except for one or two, the rest are not in effective locations.

-If you are using the "Reveal Map Cheat", cinematics will bug them; the map will be revealed, but the the environment will be with the fog. Simply deactivate and activate again to fix.

-Secret Character skill Cure can be used on himself even though the description says it can't.

-You can keep the Scepter of Gods after getting it on Everglade by having the Secret Character on your party instead of Fiona. (Not sure to be this way, since it happened to me once)

Keywords:
Legend, Magnador, Ethan, BlueEagle
Contents

The Legend of Magnador (Map)

Reviews
19:29, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Date: 2011/Oct/15 11:36:02 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a...

M

19:29, 3rd Aug 2010
ap0calypse: Approved
hive_bigger.png

Date: 2011/Oct/15 11:36:02
Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
Rating: 4/5 Recommended
Rep Received: 0
Reasons:
Other:
If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Update: Re-moderating with reviews and rating!
Kael's Review
TheDanish's Review
Dj0z' Review
(4+5+4)/3 = 4,3 -> 4/5

As a member of the group Map Reviewers, I will be reviewing maps :

My Review:

My Ratings Value:
5/5 for Perfect
4/5 for Really Good
3/5 for Good
2/5 for Fair
1/5 for Bad
0/5 for Horrible
For Overall Rating:
15 - 20 for Perfect
10 - 15 for Really Good
05 - 10 for Bad
00 - 05 for Horrble

Story:5/5, Well I guess the story was somehow original.
Quests:5/5, There were alot of quests, each with a different objective.
Combat:4/5, The combat is nice, yet it gets repetitive after a while.
Sounds/effects/skills:3/5, You used alot of music, yet you had to do alot of things, just to get 1 skill...
Overall:17/20,Very well made.

Last edited:
Level 4
A very well made map, in my opinion, with plenty of original elements mixed together quite nicely. 5/5

Level 6
Hmmm I like this a lot. But I can't really tell what you edited between the originol content. I guess you did a good job of making it unnoticable. I guess if BlueEagle even goes on this site (A profile by it says he only came in 2006) that it complies with the rules, unless I'm totally wrong about the rules.

Level 14
Played through the first quest and I have to say that it does look intresting story wise. However the terrain is not very good which ruins it for me

Level 2
Ugh....this map is good so far but I got a prob.

I got to the part with the staff of gods and I have to go to Hellforge. But I dont see the staff in my inventory and the gate there is still closed why??

Level 9
Confused as to why this was resubmitted, but regardless...

This is a very well made map. It has many original systems while still being easy to access and understand. The story isn't "Find the MacGuffin" or "Destroy evil", thank God. The only real complaints I have are the vanilla spells and the ridiculous difficulty of the last two bosses. 5/5

Last edited:
Level 12
This RPG is really good.
I have only a few complaints, that force me to give it a 4/5:

-The XP system: when you're taught windwalk, the guy tells you to not use it too much, else you'll be underleveled when you'll need to fight "real" enemies.
Well, it seems to be totally the opposite. I am now forced to use windwalk to avoid killing the enemies, because leveling up is bad! which is the most senseless problem in the map.
When you levelup, you only gain slightly better stats, but it's pointless comapared to the enemies who get like 2 times stronger for each level you get.
*example: wow i levelup up, +2 damage +50 hp etc... great.
Oh wait, why did the ranged creep of the enemy group become a guy with divine shield (invul) and massive aoe heal?! He only had a slow or something, before o_O

-The gnolls and ogres representing enemy groups are homing, and theres a legion of them. Really annoying especially when you wanna look around the map after a fight. They respawn in 2 seconds and just jump at you... again... always... forever...

-The quests. Actually, the way they are written in F9: only pointless info is recorded. One would appreciate to not down where to go, rather than the story why you already decided to do the quest. Especially when loading saved game...

-The very start is extremely long and slow (painful), good thing you do it only once.

-small bug: when Roggdor goes to Feria, you're expected to arrive from the east. If you have done heidi's quest, and have activated the teleporters, you use them & you come from the north: Roggdor ignores you totally. You have to get out of town and come back, from the east.

Now for some good points:
-The inventory system is really pleasant to use, same for forging etc. Wider access to the miniforge would be nice but that's a detail.
-Enemies are various, use spells, etc.
-Story is rich, theres much mystery, guesses. It's not a story you all figured out after playing the first 5 minutes (like in most maps).
-Custom music and sounds, wisely used. The "forging successful" one is <3.
-Varied nice terrain with many different tilesets/atmospheres, including for the battle parts.
+other points i can't remember at the moment.

I recommend this map, at least for a try. It got me busy for several hours until i get stuck at the orb of balance quest. By they way if anyone knows where they are please PM me.

Level 1
Great game. The alchemy part is pretty random though - or is it bugged? I'm confirming a new set of alchemy in my own game. Is it really made this way? Either way. Great game.

Last edited:
Level 1
I created an Hive account so I could praise this game.

I've been downloading and playing maps on Hive for years (on and off) and this is the BEST RPG that I've played (for story and innovative hero development). Highly recommended for those that place highest priority on intelligent story, great dialogue, and an interesting item and skill system.

There are shortcomings, of course, but the quality hidden within kept me playing through till the better end, 7 hours and 48 minutes later. Last bosses were tough.

Too bad I have to wait 10 days before I can vote it a 5. I'll probably forget by then.

My team:
Zeno, Vampy, and Ethan
switched to
Zeno, Tauren, and Ethan
for the final bosses.

Level 3
I absolutely loved this game when I played it the first time through. Took forever, but it was amazing. It's obviously one of the best single map rpgs made.

Level 6
Ah, the first and the best RPG map i played. But even in this wersion there are some bugs? for example:
- a bug in the cinematic at the Everglade
- a bug with skillpoints
(that's i can remember now)
I don't think BlueEagle will be angry knowing that his map is getting better:)

Level 3
based on what I've heard, gonna DL this map and give my review later!

-==P_I_L_I_P_I_N_A_S==-

Last edited:
Level 4
As a member of the group Map Reviewers, I will be reviewing maps :

My Review:

My Ratings Value:
5/5 for Perfect
4/5 for Really Good
3/5 for Good
2/5 for Fair
1/5 for Bad
0/5 for Horrible
For Overall Rating:
15 - 20 for Perfect
10 - 15 for Really Good
05 - 10 for Bad
00 - 05 for Horrble

Story:5/5, Well I guess the story was somehow original.
Quests:5/5, There were alot of quests, each with a different objective.
Combat:4/5, The combat is nice, yet it gets repetitive after a while.
Sounds/effects/skills:3/5, You used alot of music, yet you had to do alot of things, just to get 1 skill...
Overall:17/20,Very well made.

Couldnt agree more...

I loved this map!!! If i can support u guys in another way, please let me now.

Level 1
really good map i played the old version of it i give 5 i know u could use some more custom skins like tree weapons and stuff like this to change the game play get some skins even out of w3 would make it really better but anyway this is a great map i recommend download it

Level 1
i have a question on the secret hero after getting the red orb. i got the secret hero and its called blueeagle but i cannot use him! he's at the inventory but 'locked' inside the walls. wat should i do to use him? or is he meant not to be used?

Level 10
I am about 3/4 of the way through playing this RPG for the first time, and I have to say... I had no idea it would be so addicting! Here's my review after playing this far:

Story/Writing The story is adequate, although the writing suffers from having been translated. (There's a lot of pretty goofy Engrish going on.) The characters are also kind of shallow; the heroes tend to be chest-thumping do-gooders, while the villains are hammy evil-laughing caricatures. Ethan tends to be the one exception by virtue of being
a giant tool to everyone he meets
; he breaks the hero mold a bit every time he
mocks the people giving him quests or threatens to kill defenseless side characters
, which is often.

Terrain The map uses no custom terrain, but does make liberal use of the "custom tileset" option in the editor. I was impressed with how well the map-maker was able to blend multiple tilesets together in order to be make the different areas of the map actually feel different - snowy forest here, sandy desert there, ruined town here, mountain village there.

Combat The JRPG-style combat system was a bit jarring to me at a first, but after a short time it proved incredibly simple and intuitive. While the pseudo-random encounters do bog down travel (as they do in every game they're used in), the fights themselves are short enough that it didn't usually bother me.

Magic/Skills/Items The spells in the game are largely simple spells from WarCraft III with a new coat of paint; not particularly original, but still fun and easy to use. What is pretty different is the system for upgrading the heroes' combat and magic abilities. Having to essentially buy points that can then be put into different spells puts a different spin on leveling up and makes me care more about collecting all the point-giving items that are for sale. The item combination system gets a little more convoluted, but I found that treating it as a side game rather than an essential piece of gameplay made it easier to deal with.

Overall I give this a 4/5. If you can stomach the rampant Engrish and the somewhat repetitive combat, you will be hooked into a very fun and addictive game like I was. I'm glad I downloaded this!

EDIT

One final addendum. Now that I've finished playing, I must agree with previous comments that
two of the ending bosses are way too hard. I had no real trouble with Vernon, but I'm skeptical that either Adera or Thoridaz can be beaten without cheating.

Last edited:
Level 6
I've played this before but I'm not one to play maps that I've finished once again just to review it but this gets a 4/5 on my list. It's decent all over but has a few downsides here and there, but overall it's a good map.

I have a few stuff that I'll recall from memory.

The weird battle system. It's like Final Fantasy where you touch an enemy and you get transported to another area, difference is that you just get transported to another area, the WC3 battle mechanics stay the same. Meaning you can't run away if ever you have a hard time fighting the enemies.

The spike of difficulty at the last boss is too far from the overall difficulty of the game. Took me three-four tries to kill him IIRC.

Level 1
Just finished this map! Amazing!

The beginning is boring until you start feel the game.
After adapting, I really thought the game was a little bit easy, even on hard mode. I could play with every hero, making teams, but my favourite were Tauren + Cindra. Even final boss weren't that hard. Adera, however, was a pain, when she became invunerable.

PS: what are the chances I could make Heal Hammer very early, without knowing, it helped me a lot!

EDIT: Rest in tavern system brought me so good memories!

Level 1
I've just read in a comments above that two finals bosses can't be beaten without cheating, so to prove that is wrong im gonna tell you how i beat all the boses.
All the bosses of the map i beat really pretty easy but Adera and Thoridaz were pretty tough. I beat them with Zeno's (sleep) ability, anytime when Adera threatening with lots of damage i used Zeno's (sleep) ability to stop her and heal team with Fiona first ability and Ethan third ability. The Zeno's (sleep) ability can be used very often, also i have put 2 images of Lord Thoridaz to sleep while the rest of the two tried to kill fast and heal heroes. And thats about it. With this combo u will be able to kill them very easily and quickly in about couple of minutes, and of course to have good items.
The whole game i've finished with core heroes
(Ethan,Zeno,Fiona)
and didn't want to spoil the game with other champs. But who knows, i'm sure gonna play this map a couple of times more because i think it's great, interesting, not too much hard, fun and everything is in place, also loved the music, for the 10 hours i have played music never bored me. Thanks to the genius who created this map and please can someone recommend me other similar maps. Just to say this is my first rpg map and it has everything that i've expected. Sorry for my mistakes in english.

Last edited:
Level 2
Leveling early makes the game too harsh against you

I thought i'd level up while still in the first area so i'd be stronger and more prepared for later encounters....instead the encounters leveled faster than i did no doubt expecting me to get another party member; skill points; and blacksmithing. I had none of these things and ended up losing 80% of battles and didn't like the skills i picked. Add a better description before you pick skills or a way to reset/repick them? (or is there a way i missed? If so add to quest log--that's where I'd check. Also hate how even the "small" encounters have curse especially combined with reviving with no mana and the healing glyph giving no mana (and only healing 1 party member)
Fantastic ideas (random battle system; healing glyph; forging; combat points; skill points; inventory) and i typically love random battle systems; but not when random battles scale up so much from level when i'm not prepared/equipped for them and I'm trying in vain to save up for more combat points. even when i rest at the inn they kill me faster than i can spend my mana and i still end up dieing first battle typically.

Also i'm stuck quest wise due to lack of an idea of where i'm supposed to go. Keep running into closed gates and dead ends, don't even see a spot i haven't explored that i have access to. Give the quest log more details on where to go/what to do?

*Edit* started over and this time picked up on the dialogue hint of where to go (where to use the elven key) and having a Much easier time. (couldn't even look up that hint in chat log first time after i saved; quit and resumed later--was tired and wanted to come back when i was more awake). Still seems silly that overleveling just ramps up the difficulty before you're ready for it.

Last edited:
Level 1
This map is great I give it 4,5/5 becouse of only one reason.. Once I reached lvl 30 I couldn't get any thing that I could use to craft new equipment and becouse of that I couldn't complete all optinal quests. Everything else is great, its got good story, original and great combat sistem and leveling up skills is simply genius.

Level 1
Hello,I'm from Vietnam and i just played this map for a short time.I'm stucked in mission "find the orb of balance",can anyone help me?