1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

The Legend of Magnador

Submitted by Mizuchiro
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This map was not made by me, i'm only 'spreading' the work of BlueEagle, the original creator. All the proper credits can be found in-game credits(Most of them is for himself though).

This is the last original version of the map, 1.04 . (Edit: I haven't altered this map in any way, this is the same map you get from the BlueEagle site: http://paulinthenet.de/war3maps.htm )

Features:

-Epic map, with lots of terrain types, from deserts to snow valleys
-Around 10h of gameplay
-Unique and dinamic inventory system - There you can swith party members, use runes to restore your health and/or mana, see a list of already open runed doors, upgrade your character's equipment, learn and upgrade your character's skills and forge yourself a vast list of equipments
-Unique battle system -characters and monsters fight in arena-like places, like Final Fantasy series
-Unique Upgrade system -Earn Combat Points through completing quests, buying upgrades at the blacksmith/magic shop or by defeating bosses, then spend them on your weapon, armor, combat skill or magic skills
-Unique forge system -After a certain quest, you will be able to use the mini-forge on your inventory to create a huge amount of customized equipments (This is the only way to obtain most part of the equipments)
-7 heros to choose from, plus a secret hero, up to 3 heros in the party
-Lots of Main quests and Side Quests
-Lots of cinematics (Esc to skip)

Each Character features:

-Max Level: 30
-Upgradeable Weapons and Armor: Max Level: 5
-Upgradeable Combat Skill: Max Level: 3
-4 Learneable and Upgradeable Magic Skills: Max Level :4

Unlocking the Secret Hero:

I'll will not directly tell how, but i'll give 3 hints, more than enough to figure out yourself.

1.Must be done after getting the Red Orb, but before giving to Gorwin
2.To unlock him, use the comand "Arise"
3.Must be done inside Feria's walls

Forge Guide

I made this from another guide. Not all of them are confirmed, but most of them were confirmed by me. Anything wrong with this game, please send a pm so i can fix it. It was made like this (i didn't included the "Unprocessed" equipments because it's pretty obvious):

Item Name/ Bonus #1/ Bonus #2/ Bonus #3/ Bonus #4/ Component #1/ Component #2

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4458/magnadorforgeguide.png

Bugs and other issues:

-I would love to fix some of them, but i know nothing about creating and editing maps on Map Editor, also i would need BlueEagle permission to do so. I only know how to play XD

-All Heros have Inventory Skill. When used by a particular hero, all heros will be transported to the inventory; after exiting it, all of them will be together with the caster. This can be used to "Teleport"; specially Ethan; between areas if used correctely, useful if you need to go back and forth. Notice also that engaging in battles have the same effect.

-The Teleport system, not the bug , is quite innefective; there is only a few of them, and except for one or two, the rest are not in effective locations.

-If you are using the "Reveal Map Cheat", cinematics will bug them; the map will be revealed, but the the environment will be with the fog. Simply deactivate and activate again to fix.

-Secret Character skill Cure can be used on himself even though the description says it can't.

-You can keep the Scepter of Gods after getting it on Everglade by having the Secret Character on your party instead of Fiona. (Not sure to be this way, since it happened to me once)

Keywords:
Legend, Magnador, Ethan, BlueEagle
Contents

The Legend of Magnador (Map)

Reviews
19:29, 3rd Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Approved [img][c] Date: 2011/Oct/15 11:36:02 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Status: Approved Rating: 4/5 Recommended Rep Received: 0[c]Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a...
  1. 19:29, 3rd Aug 2010
    ap0calypse: Approved
    [​IMG] Date: 2011/Oct/15 11:36:02
    Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
    Rating: 4/5 Recommended
    Rep Received: 0
    Reasons:
    Other:
    If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
    If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
    Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Update: Re-moderating with reviews and rating!
    Kael's Review
    TheDanish's Review
    Dj0z' Review
    (4+5+4)/3 = 4,3 -> 4/5

2. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Wow, you translated it! 5/5
    I played it in russian, its awesome.

3. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    As a member of the group Map Reviewers, I will be reviewing maps :

My Review:

My Ratings Value:
    5/5 for Perfect
    4/5 for Really Good
    3/5 for Good
    2/5 for Fair
    1/5 for Bad
    0/5 for Horrible
    For Overall Rating:
    15 - 20 for Perfect
    10 - 15 for Really Good
    05 - 10 for Bad
    00 - 05 for Horrble

Story:5/5, Well I guess the story was somehow original.
    Quests:5/5, There were alot of quests, each with a different objective.
    Combat:4/5, The combat is nice, yet it gets repetitive after a while.
    Sounds/effects/skills:3/5, You used alot of music, yet you had to do alot of things, just to get 1 skill...
    Overall:17/20,Very well made.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  4. Dark-NL

Dark-NL

Resources:
    Resources:
    awesone!!
    u make great work in this map!!! 5/5!

5. Slid3r

Slid3r

Resources:
    Resources:
    A very well made map, in my opinion, with plenty of original elements mixed together quite nicely. 5/5

6. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm I like this a lot. But I can't really tell what you edited between the originol content. I guess you did a good job of making it unnoticable. I guess if BlueEagle even goes on this site (A profile by it says he only came in 2006) that it complies with the rules, unless I'm totally wrong about the rules.

7. syltman

syltman

Resources:
    Resources:
    Played through the first quest and I have to say that it does look intresting story wise. However the terrain is not very good which ruins it for me

8. skamigo

skamigo

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    OMG I been looking for this map for a long time, I loved it last time I played it (and finished it), thx for uploading

9. DarkIron Dwarf

DarkIron Dwarf

Resources:
    Resources:
    Holy crap I love this map. It is like my favorite of all maps so much bloody fun! 5/5!

10. marlon919

marlon919

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very good one. I never seen a war3 RPG like this. good work

11. xie323

xie323

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ugh....this map is good so far but I got a prob.

I got to the part with the staff of gods and I have to go to Hellforge. But I dont see the staff in my inventory and the gate there is still closed why??

12. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    You need to think. I thought and easily made it through the campign. Mind is your main weapon.

13. Talamond

Talamond

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is realy cool map...
    But spells are not so beautiful...
    Take care and do something!

14. Talamond

Talamond

Resources:
    Resources:
    Im from Ukrain...
    My grammar is not great...
    Im sorry)))

15. TheDanish

TheDanish

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Confused as to why this was resubmitted, but regardless...

This is a very well made map. It has many original systems while still being easy to access and understand. The story isn't "Find the MacGuffin" or "Destroy evil", thank God. The only real complaints I have are the vanilla spells and the ridiculous difficulty of the last two bosses. 5/5

Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  16. dreadlord_tr

dreadlord_tr

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played hundreds of maps and this is one of the best.
    Everything is awesome
    My party:Ethan, wampire, tauren

17. Djole

Djole

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played this map and finished its very nice map liked it!Now make some second part of it please!

18. Dj0z

Dj0z

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This RPG is really good.
    I have only a few complaints, that force me to give it a 4/5:

-The XP system: when you're taught windwalk, the guy tells you to not use it too much, else you'll be underleveled when you'll need to fight "real" enemies.
    Well, it seems to be totally the opposite. I am now forced to use windwalk to avoid killing the enemies, because leveling up is bad! which is the most senseless problem in the map.
    When you levelup, you only gain slightly better stats, but it's pointless comapared to the enemies who get like 2 times stronger for each level you get.
    *example: wow i levelup up, +2 damage +50 hp etc... great.
    Oh wait, why did the ranged creep of the enemy group become a guy with divine shield (invul) and massive aoe heal?! He only had a slow or something, before o_O

-The gnolls and ogres representing enemy groups are homing, and theres a legion of them. Really annoying especially when you wanna look around the map after a fight. They respawn in 2 seconds and just jump at you... again... always... forever...

-The quests. Actually, the way they are written in F9: only pointless info is recorded. One would appreciate to not down where to go, rather than the story why you already decided to do the quest. Especially when loading saved game...

-The very start is extremely long and slow (painful), good thing you do it only once.

-small bug: when Roggdor goes to Feria, you're expected to arrive from the east. If you have done heidi's quest, and have activated the teleporters, you use them & you come from the north: Roggdor ignores you totally. You have to get out of town and come back, from the east.

Now for some good points:
    -The inventory system is really pleasant to use, same for forging etc. Wider access to the miniforge would be nice but that's a detail.
    -Enemies are various, use spells, etc.
    -Story is rich, theres much mystery, guesses. It's not a story you all figured out after playing the first 5 minutes (like in most maps).
    -Custom music and sounds, wisely used. The "forging successful" one is <3.
    -Varied nice terrain with many different tilesets/atmospheres, including for the battle parts.
    +other points i can't remember at the moment.

I recommend this map, at least for a try. It got me busy for several hours until i get stuck at the orb of balance quest. By they way if anyone knows where they are please PM me.

19. Cweener

Cweener

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cweener's Mass Purging Template Version 3.0
    Approve.

Any Personal Comments?
    Reviews above.