• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] The Invasion of Kalimdor: Revamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hey gotta ask this. I found this 1 and seems really interesting to play. This and undead campaign as well. Although i cant open them. Does it work only if u have reforged? I got 1.29 original warcraft 3 (i mean old version not reforged) (I mean u pasted in the post version for 1.1.2, so it should work just fine right?) Most of custom campaigns work fine but i cant find this 1 in my game library (its w3x files and yeah i tried putting them in campaigns folder, then in maps etc. Still couldnt launch it). Any ideas how to "install" this?
you need the latest version 1.32 to play it

Level 1
Hello and welcome to the forum post about a small project I'm tinkering with in my free time: The Invasion of Kalimdor: Revamp.

The main idea of this project is to spice up the original Reign of Chaos orc campaign with not only changes to the missions themselves but also adding in a strategic layer of choosing new unit types and compositions as well as unique upgrades and abilities.

Inspired by the vanilla SC2 campaigns such as Wings of Liberty and Legacy of the Void, you will be able to visit your camp before you start each mission. In this camp you will be able to choose one of several variations for each of your units, such as the orcish Grunt, troll Gladiator or the tauren Brave. As you progress through the campaign you will unlock more and more unit types and variations to choose from.

Another core part is upgrades, completing a map will reward you with gold you can spend to improve your army. You can also complete bonus objectives to receive even more gold. Upgrades range from giving your melee unit choice +100 bonus hitpoints to unlocking new units and structures such as the Goblin Missile Tower and Pack Kodo.

Hopefully this project interests you enough to give it a try.

Thanks for reading!

Requires the latest Reforged patch -> 1.32.9.16589

Credits for models: Ujisama Hojo, MadMax, levigeorge1617, Mister_Haudrauf, loktar, General Frank, FrIkY, NO_exe, Tauer, Pyritie, Mythic, Hayate, supertoinkz, Cuore, JesusHipster, apaka, Wandering Soul, AndrewOverload519, Sellenisko, Lord_T. Please let me know if I used one of your models and missed crediting you!

New version 1.1.2 released on 22 March 2021.

Fixed a missing texture bug for the poacher in the final mission as well as an invisible infernal bug alongside a bunch of balance changes -> version 1.1.2
There is an error in the veteran camp when choosing the executor since it comes out without textures, the grunt model comes out completely blank

Level 2
This is actually just an in-between project that I'm making for fun while taking a break from my main project which is a custom campaign that's already 80% done which I don't want to release until there's an easier way of playing custom campaigns ->

The Remnants I actually very nearly finished but lost I my computer + majority of my files a while back including all the maps except the first three which put that one on the back burner for now although I'm interested in finishing it.

Also yes this is an edited version of the reign of chaos campaign but I am also adding in 3 new missions plus alterations to the story to both give more content and to tie up some plot holes (such as what Stonetalon chasm actually is, what happened to the Fel Well, etc)
don't even listen or bother yourself with toxic retarded comments like these, your project rocks, for me I highly prefer something like this than most of 99% "creative craps that is available on this site.
Continue on this and revamp all the missions and you if you want I can help you too.

Level 5
don't even listen or bother yourself with toxic retarded comments like these, your project rocks, for me I highly prefer something like this than most of 99% "creative craps that is available on this site.
Continue on this and revamp all the missions and you if you want I can help you too.
i love SevenBlood projects but not all other maps in this site are craps :p to be honeste this site has the best warcraft 3 maps like :

Jeopardy of the Horde
Warcraft 3 Re-Reforged
Rise of the Blood Elves
Malfurion's Quest
Curse of the Forsaken
The Adventures of Rowan the Wise
Kathmaral Saga, The Journey
Warcraft III Alternate 3 (Alliance Campaign): Colonization of Kalimdor

and more ...........:)

Level 2
yeah these are custom campaigns inspired from the original lore too, I told you for me the best map are those who have similar style to the OG campaign cuz it was a perfection and still.

Level 26
I'm on the 11th map now from the package. I have a few recommendations for change:
  • On the 11th map from the 20-21 from the package, you can choose the goblin agreement, but you can't build the encampment
  • The Goblin Rocket tower are disappointing on the outside, but very good on effectiveness. If you can change the outside of the tower for more "Goblin", I can recommend you from the Kathmaral Saga's type of goblin rocket tower. (Yes, I know it is not easy to just change, creator rights and so on, I just mentioned, I know get models is not easy as it saying it)
I like the campaign. I played "The Remnants" too (3 demo map), curse of the bloodelves revamp, and yeah. Sevenblood's name it's mean quality. Never or less if it's 1 step back or not. Keep it up, and thank you very much for your works!

Status
Not open for further replies.