• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The countdown to Christmas (or SC2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I think I can afford it, but I can't get the Russian version that is much cheaper but you have to play extra to play the full time, else you'll have like one year of multiplayer and campaing, so I'm forced to search for English non-pirated version that is gonna be hard as hell...
Oh, and I don't really buy stuff ytrough internet, so don't tell me that.

Level 12
I think I can afford it, but I can't get the Russian version that is much cheaper but you have to play extra to play the full time, else you'll have like one year of multiplayer and campaing, so I'm forced to search for English non-pirated version that is gonna be hard as hell...
Oh, and I don't really buy stuff trough internet, so don't tell me that.

EB Games?

"but you have to play extra to play the full time, else you'll have like one year of multiplayer and campaing"

Huh?

Level 11
hiho,

i won't buy it because of the editor.
in some situation it is just godlike compared to the wc3 one.
but most of the new features which blizzard itself highly praised aren't really so good how i imagined them to be which is very sad.
im just a mapper - not a player ...

wc3 is too old and sc2 not developed enough (atm) that it would make sense to go on making maps with both.

Robbepop

Level 37
I just ordered my copy. Can't wait to enjoy the game at 1920x1080 with ultra settings displayed from my 42" monitor, comfortably sitting on my couch
smoker.gif

Level 6
I pre-ordered it a few months ago. Knowing my luck it probably won't arrive till late on Tuesday or the following day.

I'm just afraid I won't be able to run it. All my cards are two years old, but were top of the line two years ago. However, still outdated. I won't be able to play it on it's highest graphics setting until I upgrade my computer, but I just hope that it can run well on my computer even if it means playing it on the lowest setting.

By the way, that trailer was awesome! It surprisingly looked more like a Movie trailer than it did a game trailer. The Campaign is going to be so fun. I'll play that first and than go onto Battle.net with my friends and brothers. After I do that I will eventually get into the Editor. However, if the Campaign is really good, than I might even play it twice to make different choices and see how that effects the outcome. Just think, we will be doing this all over again in 6 months to a year when the next part of the trilogy comes out.

Level 9
I think that even some older computers wont have any problems running this game. It's not like you need to run it on maximum graphic settings. They are here for u to chose the best one for u.

And that trailer made me kick stuff cuz I have to wait 4 more days!!!

fine first I'll buy the game then wait for a year or two till I get the money to by a new proccesor and finaly when my pc can run it play the game...

NO!I will just guather some more money,upgrade my proccesor then download the game cuz Im not rich like some of you people.
Rich? I don't spend my money for shit. That's how we buy stuff mate..

Level 40
fine first I'll buy the game then wait for a year or two till I get the money to by a new proccesor and finaly when my pc can run it play the game...

NO!I will just guather some more money,upgrade my proccesor then download the game cuz Im not rich like some of you people.
So your personal justification for piracy is not wanting to shell out a fairly low price compared to new hardware which you can somehow afford?

People these days.

Level 27
Ever considered getting a job? Oh yeah you must be under 18, well, ppl at 16 still may get a job, unless you're under that age too o,O

Don't know how in other countries, but in Lihuania you can work som simplier jobs when you don't have to learn in school from 16 years (But that's not a necesearity, it's just to get extra money for yourself), and a new game in Lithuania averagely costs about 150 Lts, which mean you have to work about a month if counting the current situation that's it's hard to find a well-payed teen job and the work time limuitations, meaning you can't really get so many money.

Oh, I think I have enough money spared to buy SC2.

Oh, and I'm gonna go to Netherlands next month, does anybody know how much SC2 would cost there approximatelly if it's worth buying it there (If you can buy an English version there and it's not really overpriced)? And where exactly you can buy it?

Level 22
Oh, and I'm gonna go to Netherlands next month, does anybody know how much SC2 would cost there approximatelly if it's worth buying it there (If you can buy an English version there and it's not really overpriced)? And where exactly you can buy it?

In the Netherlands it's as expensive as any other game:

Normal Edition: € 59,99
Collectors Edition: € 89,99
Normal PC Games: around € 50,- / € 60,- on release.

According to Google, € 59,99 is equal to ~73,47 USD.

There was this thread about prices

Level 13
neither do I but I still cant get the money and even If I had why spend mony on it when I can just download it

No you don't. You get drunk on a semi-weekly if not daily basis.

On topic: Personally, I'm really looking forward to the campaign. It looks freaking awesome. I loved WC3's, and this one ought to be like three times better.

Level 27
And I actually can't wait to see a campaing that actualy has huge variety of missions, where there and no mission in whole campaing that would be "destroy their base!", but instead something less meleeish and more chalenging!
Oh, and I can't wait to play Starcraft Dota loads of new custom maps!

Level 16
I just want to say... amazon.de rocks. Countdown ended for me!!

Delivered 3 days before release , nice :D

attachment.php

edit: There is a key which can be given to a friend, and allows him to play SC2 for 7 hours ^^
edit2: Same as with the downloadable version: It won't let me install the game before the 27th :(

Attachments

• Bild014.jpg
    Bild014.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.