1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Clown of As'Latur

Submitted by CMarket
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
The Tales of Kaliim: Special Edition

The Clown of As'Latur

Alright, so this is the cinematic that won second place in the last cinematic contest, barely losing to Hemlock's Darkness Within, an excellent combat cinematic which I recommend.

As I'll keep my tradition of not revealing any spoilers, I'll just write a short comment of my ideas here.

A new field of cinematics?
Anyway, this is a map I'm quite proud of, and though I didn't win first place I still got a better reward from the contest. This very map.

What I tried to do and (I hope) have succeeded to do, is break new ice on the whole field of Warcraft 3 cinematics. The idea came from Lynch's Lost Highway I hope that this map will be just as much of an inspiration as my earlier work, if not more.

This is by no means an ordinary map, nor has anything like this ever been attempted, at least to my knowledge. This is a psychological thriller, by NO MEANS just another story cinematic.

Don't feel bad if you don't understand half of the story by the time you finish watching this. If you do understand half, then you're better than most. This cinematic is not one story, but at least three, and, to the creative viewer, possibly even more than three.

There is no strict version of the story. You chose which one to believe. You can look at all the things in the cinematic, all the merchants, the trees, inscriptions, as something random, or you can look at every last thing, from the rain, to the merchant clothing as planned and important details. It's up to you.

What I ask of you, the viewer, now is to do something you probably never did when watching a Warcraft 3 cinematic: Pay close attention and absorb as much as you can, and once the cinematic ends, reflect on it and see if you can make meaning for yourself, before asking others. As I said, there is no formula of the exact thing that happened, and chances are, what you think is right.

Before I go, just one thing I should also mention:
Make sure your in-game sound and music volume are equally tuned, preferably both being on 100%.

Info on my future plans
The Lone Panther series is back on track, and you can look forward to at the very least another part, namely the long awaited third part: Broken Belief. If everything goes according to plan I should be able to release it somewhere after mid July of 2010. After that I'll start working on the fourth installment, and possibly another special edition to the Tales of Kaliim, not directly connected to either the SotHM, TLP or CoA.

Keywords:
Clown, Kaliim, Lone, Panther, Sect, Kafana, awesome, thriller, psychological, twisted, horror, As'Latur
Contents

The Clown of As'Latur (Map)

Reviews
15:42, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Approved Update: Adding rating and reviews from contest
  1. xDeathKnightx

xDeathKnightx

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I must say, that this cinematic really made me think alot, and apart from the fact that the every part of the cinematic was well done, the parts with the Torture chamber, hanging man, and the clown, really made me think alot, it almost seemed like a mind-twister, i thought that this was an amazing cinematic, I hope to see alot more.

5/5 +REP

2. Hargoth

Hargoth

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Adulterers deserve to die? Thats my only issue with this.

3. Vengeancekael

Vengeancekael

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    As a member of the group Map Reviewers, I will be checking approved cinematics again:

Compatible - X

Permission - X

Map already uploaded - X

Rules - X

Bugs - X

Genre - X

Section - X

Category - X

[X = Passed]
    [X = Failed]

4. Ribenamania

Ribenamania

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Aww.. no credits for me?

5. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seriously???

I can't believe I missed that. I cramped the credits in the loading screen in order to conserve screen time for the story (as there was a limit to how long the cinematic can last). I'll have to fix it as soon as I get the chance.

I'm terribly sorry :(

6. Ribenamania

Ribenamania

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    haha =.= yea I'm cool, it's okay. Great cinematic anyway :) thou I never watch the other series therefore not knowing the sequel.

7. CMarket

CMarket

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Actually, this cinematic is a stand alone story. While it is situated in the same world and a few of the characters have been introduced earlier the story itself is on its own.

8. Skipper

Skipper

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Very good, Good atmosphere, good Music, All is Good!

9. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Shit! Looks scary! i will download it right away!

10. RDz_NewbMapmaker

RDz_NewbMapmaker

Resources:
    Resources:
    Quite an interesting in-depth storyline. The atmospere was in tune with the story and it was quite like watching a murder/horror story. The downfall alas was the tone of the voices. It doesn't sound realistic and flowing with the story. It sounds like it was generated from a robot, if you know what i mean.

All in all 4/5

11. Azsure

Azsure

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I can say this cinematic was really good, which gives me an idea also of how well I'm sure you will make the next part of TLP, anyway what I might think about the voices that didn't fit was that the last but one line, what the clown said seemed to be in another tone.

Off-topic: I really thought that you were inspired by the movie "IT, the clown" by Stephen King, which like this one, both are horror movies and has a clown as the "killer".

Anyway excelent cinematic!

Last edited: May 7, 2012
  12. Dougy

Dougy

Resources:
    Resources:
    this is the best cinematic i have ever seen
    i think there should be a sequel which shows who or what the clown is
    Very good keep up the good work

13. Its Ryan Boi

Its Ryan Boi

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Decent 3/5

14. kellym0

kellym0

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Freaky Man!

15. Ralle

Ralle

Owner

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    It's amazing what you can do with this game.

16. NourmeusXL

NourmeusXL

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Creepy clown as it is...Nice job mate
    Story 9/10 (confuses me but its 10/10)
    Terrain 10/10 (all good)
    Voice Acting (7/10 ..few voice actors just dont fit it)
    I have a headick and coud use the priests potion or whatever xD siriusly....:D

17. Hell_Master

Hell_Master

Resources:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Another great Cinematic from CMarket! I can say it has many twist and I cant seem to catch up on the story... but what I understand in the story is like what a user says that the clown is like an image that symbolizes Gomez...like Gomez is the Clown.

STORY: 20/20 - This story has many twist that makes many user cant catch up but what you said, its not on the story but base on the understanding so I give you a perfect score!

TERRAIN: 8/10 - Based from the terrain that has been shown at the Cinematic, the terrain is once again good but its still lacking, maybe try to use custom tiles to make it more attractive.

TRIGGERS: 20/20 - Damn, you are a master in triggers! You can even make custom animations from original wc3 units like in Gomez shaking because of Nervous breakdown...

TOTAL: 48/50 = 4.8/5 = 5/5 - Again you got the same score. Another job well done for this nice cinematic!

Great cinmeatic from CMarket! Keep it up, bro! Ill be spreading REP and again give you a +REP!

18. FireLord001

FireLord001

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    This is the last one of all your cinematic that I not watch but I will watch it now! It's better to hurry!

19. Winimasker

Winimasker

Resources:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I like that clown's catchphrases. :)

Unknown Clown

- - - - - - -
    I like this cinematic.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  20. Epic Producer

Epic Producer

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excited to watch. Overall, how did this turned 23.05 mb? :neap:. Tooked me 12 munites to download which maked me frustrated :wthumbsdown:. Overall hoped you maked some good juicy efforts! :ogre_hurrhurr:.

:fp: ?/5 (Will be edited :spell_breaker:)