• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
Soooo..... What's so special about this?
I can't say for sure if there's something special on the project because most likely, it's like those dungeon crawler maps out there (just being honest) but as much as possible I'm adding some twists into it and probably (or possible) fresh ideas to it depending on how the map will turn out. We'll see.

Thanks for the comment though!
Its probably the power of the thread, lol.
Of course it is. Can't you just see the motivation boost here? It's what makes the project stand quite long (well, maybe it's already been 15-20 days...)

Level 5
Of course it is. Can't you just see the motivation boost here? It's what makes the project stand quite long (well, maybe it's already been 15-20 days...)

In my count... *uses eagle vision* *looks at calendar*
It's been 28 days, wasn't it?

Level 30
In my count... *uses eagle vision* *looks at calendar*
It's been 28 days, wasn't it?

Well, it's either 27-28 days. And look at that, almost 1 month. Anyway, I think we are going a bit off-topic so let's end this discussion here.

Anyway, about the updates, I don't want to be the bearer of a bad news but it would take a while and what I mean by while is probably 3-4 days and it depends. It's because I'm quite busy on school now. Lots of school works to pass (about 10) and deadline's July 31.

Level 5
Well, it's either 27-28 days. And look at that, almost 1 month. Anyway, I think we are going a bit off-topic so let's end this discussion here.

Alright. *turns eagle vision off*

Anyway, about the updates, I don't want to be the bearer of a bad news but it would take a while and what I mean by while is probably 3-4 days and it depends. It's because I'm quite busy on school now. Lots of school works to pass (about 10) and deadline's July 31.

Take your time doing your school works, and we'll wait :)

Level 30
I'm back, you could all say but not fully back yet though. I still have some little school projects left to finish and also, study for our periodical exam on next week (August 5-8). I would be back real soon and of course, continue off this one!

Project's still kicking just a heads-up.

Level 30
The Cataclysm - Progress Update #9

Well, let us give some life to this thread because many might think that this project's dead but certainly not.

Anyway, here are two screenshots showing a new area still inside the cave and an extension to the previous cave area. To give some information regarding the cave, it would be probably a big one filled with lots of enemies including the Crypt Lord Undead Hero boss and traps of course and all in all, a difficult area that requires teamwork or cooperation.

Attachments

• Terrain Screenshot 31.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 31.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Terrain Screenshot 32.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 32.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Level 5
Is that... blood? If not, what's with the red water?
Edited, I just realized CM posted the same thing.

Level 30
I feel like Heinvers is correct. Its not that I don't agree to CakeMaster but changing to the Underground tileset as Heinvers stated would give an ugly cliff tile on the sides. Besides, if I would play more with the doodads, props and etc, I could pull of a good terrain even without the underground tileset.

Anyway, let's just avoid getting the thread too much dragged on a certain aspect though. Thanks Heinvers and CakeMaster thouugh, +rep!

Level 10
Terrain needs some work, but it may be due to the angle of the screenshot not making it look as good as it may in-game. Still make sure to have a look over your old terrain every now and then to clean it up, if it doesn't suite your requirements.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on this project, has potential from the description given

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Screenies look great. Good luck with this.

Level 30
Terrain needs some work, but it may be due to the angle of the screenshot not making it look as good as it may in-game. Still make sure to have a look over your old terrain every now and then to clean it up, if it doesn't suite your requirements.

Anyway I'll keep an eye on this project, has potential from the description given

I'm definitely doing that and I must say it helps a lot. Thanks for the concern anyway and the interest.

Screenies look great. Good luck with this.

this seems to be sexy to play. I will wait !

Thanks, expect an update or two on the following weekend.

Level 6
Damn you Hell_Master your creating another awesome project i am jealous...

Really awesome... btw I would like to suggest..

Please make your RPG be replayable.. like.... your 1st play is different from your 2nd play and its becoming more awesome!..

How?..
- Changeable even sequences through player's decision. Like if you kill this monster this will be the next even if you don't then this will be the event.

Don't stick too much with the boring LOOT SYSTEM.. ahh.. i hate that.. I mean pls dont make items that just that GIVE STATS... very useless indeed..

I will give you an example..

You kill the monster you will be given 2 items. You pick Item A... you will another boss fight. You pick Item B.. you will not fight a boss but a bunch of army..

Change dialouges through item!..

A Sword... Demon: The sword!, I can't believe you got that!. But its useless if inside your weak so goodluck cause I gonna kill you this time!.

A Wand... Demon: The wand!.. the wand of my master.. you really fight tough.. i now follow you please command me..

Also don't make events that show expected results.. do it like this for example..

A Boss is guarding the door you kill it.. players expectation.. the door will open..

Unexpected one... a black hole draws you to another dimension where there is a key and you need to slain 5 more bosses

Or.. the door will crashed out.. the player will say... what the fuck how can I get through?.. then another part of the wall will get destroyed and it will lead a new way to the room..

I can give you more suggestion.. next time..

Level 30
Damn you Hell_Master your creating another awesome project i am jealous...

Really awesome... btw I would like to suggest..

Please make your RPG be replayable.. like.... your 1st play is different from your 2nd play and its becoming more awesome!..

How?..
- Changeable even sequences through player's decision. Like if you kill this monster this will be the next even if you don't then this will be the event.

Don't stick too much with the boring LOOT SYSTEM.. ahh.. i hate that.. I mean pls dont make items that just that GIVE STATS... very useless indeed..

I will give you an example..

You kill the monster you will be given 2 items. You pick Item A... you will another boss fight. You pick Item B.. you will not fight a boss but a bunch of army..

Change dialouges through item!..

A Sword... Demon: The sword!, I can't believe you got that!. But its useless if inside your weak so goodluck cause I gonna kill you this time!.

A Wand... Demon: The wand!.. the wand of my master.. you really fight tough.. i now follow you please command me..

Also don't make events that show expected results.. do it like this for example..

A Boss is guarding the door you kill it.. players expectation.. the door will open..

Unexpected one... a black hole draws you to another dimension where there is a key and you need to slain 5 more bosses

Or.. the door will crashed out.. the player will say... what the fuck how can I get through?.. then another part of the wall will get destroyed and it will lead a new way to the room..

I can give you more suggestion.. next time..
Mind blowing indeed. Thank you for the very good suggestions. I know what you are trying to point out and hopefully, I can do this. Some of what you have suggested has already been a part of my plan while the others, I shall consider it.

Thanks and have a good day. Updates are coming for new terrain screenshots either later or probably, tomorrow.

EDIT: No, it's an amazing project but hopefully I can finish it and to not dump it again and again.

Level 6
Mind blowing indeed. Thank you for the very good suggestions. I know what you are trying to point out and hopefully, I can do this. Some of what you have suggested has already been a part of my plan while the others, I shall consider it.

Thanks and have a good day. Updates are coming for new terrain screenshots either later or probably, tomorrow.

EDIT: No, it's an amazing project but hopefully I can finish it and to not dump it again and again.

Your welcome... i can't do modding too much right now so I will just help you out on ideas the best i can.. and ofcourse giving free moral support and a cake..

Level 30
Well, that's a long long inactivity from me. First of all, if this caused any issues and the reason of my absence is that I got addicted to a new game but I really feel that this game would be a waste if I abandon it... again... So, yes, I'll try to make some little by little progress here because I want to see this finish

I'll be finding this map on my laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.