• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Role Playing Game] The Cataclysm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I see you started another thing. Striving for a smaller map never turned out to be the way I planned for my work even though I knew that big is always weighty, I hope this is not the case. I wish you strength with this one. :)

Thanks for your comment. Pretty much a boost in my part!

Play Borderlands then.

On-topic:

I actually wanna see some of those traps you guys are talking about a few days ago but only if you already made some.

Well, as I've said, terrain first then systems and stuffs after. Don't worry, this will surely be implemented for I already have this idea all along with me even when I was just starting this project, this idea came to me.

Level 30
The Cataclysm - Progress Update #2

Deleted the last post for another update.

Here are two screenshots showing the hallway to the Library. Pretty much same with the hallways full of Black Citadel statues but I applied the breaks as suggested by andrea and demonstrated by Heinvers (hope I did it correctly).

Placed the update screenshots of #1 and #2 on the first post's Gallery.

Attachments

• Terrain Screenshot 11.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 11.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Terrain Screenshot 12.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 12.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Level 30
Looks really good, i liked the fallen columns!:)

Thanks for the compliment. I'm pretty much using this creative mind of mine to create some forms of terrain and I'm pretty much liking the results of my work.

I am thankful you liked those fallen columns and etc.

Also, CakeMaster (formerly known as Wrathion) made a signature for the project which I am very thankful of. Here is an original size and a re-sized image that is made smaller for my use due to the space it consumed in my signature.

Credits or Special thanks to him!

EDIT: Updated the first post as well containing the Signatures (both Resized and Original versions of it) and the BB code required to wear it.

Attachments

• The Cataclysm Signature Resized.jpg
    The Cataclysm Signature Resized.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 90
  • The Cataclysm Signature.jpg
    The Cataclysm Signature.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Level 30
I smell someone deleted their posts. :p

@ HM, nice progress!

Those latest terrains are good. Still WIP pics but applying the tile braking technique quite decently.
Edit: Nice signature btw.

Thanks for the compliments.

Right now, I'm working on the library but probably should take a rest. It's already 11 pm here actually.

Level 30
The Cataclysm - Progress Update #3

Another update coming!

Here are two screenshots showing the first library room (there are two library rooms). Nothing much to say so here it is, lol.

Attachments

• Terrain Screenshot 13.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 13.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Terrain Screenshot 14.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 14.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 110
That would give the player more room for movement.
U could use this wall model and tint it slightly dark purple-ish.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/castlewall-49880/
Edit: Also this wall model, you just have to tint it accordingly. http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/mauer-50393/?prev=search%3Dwall%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D5, plus a gate model if you'd need one > http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/stone-fence-gate-incl-opened-212884/?prev=search%3Dwall%26r%3D20%26d%3Dlist%26page%3D8, same deal, the tinting.
Also put some light sources there like these model but slightly tinted to fit the library.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/candlesticks-87629/?prev=search%3Dcandles%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 On the tables.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/grimbatollamp-180580/?prev=search%3Dlamp%26d%3Dlist%26r%3D20 That would fit quite good in those gardens btw.
--------------
If you need more feedback feel free to post:)

Last edited:
Level 30
I'm not planning to have some custom walls sadly for my project unless I find fitting and I'll stay with Blizzard Cliffs (the good ol' traditional way).

Anyway, sorry for the wait. New screenshots showing the second library room will be showed tomorrow as an estimate.

I hope you guys are still with me, thanks!

Level 30
The Cataclysm - Progress Update #4

Sorry for the wait and thank you for keeping up!

Here are two screenshots showing the second library room which is also a room before the second Undead Boss (probably will be a Lich hero. The first undead boss is a Dreadlord on the 4-way Halls).

This area needs cooperation because what I had in my head is that there are unit spawners at each end. Of course, spawning units endlessly unless you'll destroy or eradicate them. Which also explains that there are less doodads so players can move freely (the remains, skull piles and etc is Walkable by the way).

Attachments

• Terrain Screenshot 15.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 15.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Terrain Screenshot 16.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 16.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 85
Level 30
pretty spooky. Good job:) As for the cooperation thingy, that's a good idea. Have you given thought of what kind of spells this Dreadlord would have?

Most likely, it would be the same but with different animations (how the hero performs the spell) and additional spell effects (giving much more things into a Warcraft III spell.). I would like to keep it simple with the original blizzard spell but modified to make it better at least.

Level 30
I think that those spiders could fit more with the Crypt Lord hero. But I'll see on what units he can summon. Only an infernal looks fine but could have more.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. You're very helpful. Same with CM!

Level 30
The Cataclysm - Progress Update #4

The terrain is really nice, but what about use this skin for the tile; Skin?

Good luck! xD

That is something I am really gonna use. Thank you for the share, Forsaken! +rep for that, if I only found that sooner!

That is awesome, Forsaken! I'd like to thank you for sharing.

@HeavenMaster I guess your sticking to Blizzard Cliffs turned out for good. :3

Indeed, even if I know many hates blizzard cliffs, it looks like I proved a point that if only Blizzard cliffs were use right, it could trigger a great and positive change.

Expect some updates soon or by tomorrow with the change of cliffs and base tile as shared by Forsaken (thanks a bunch) and also crediting lightmote as well from Wc3C.net showing the room where the Lich Boss lies.

EDIT: Anyway, let's make way for an update. Here are two screenshots showing the boss area for the Lich. It's still incomplete in my case because I think I could have added something more into it.

Forsaken's suggested or shared new style of the Dalaran base tile and cliff is also present here. Thanks again, Forsaken and to it's creator as far as I know is lightmote.

Attachments

• Terrain Screenshot 17.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 17.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Terrain Screenshot 18.jpg
    Terrain Screenshot 18.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 52
Level 30
That's very well done including those *ahem cliffs. I like the room's layout and the tile usage is good. You could use some mist or fog model to make the room more sinister.

Great idea with the fogs and mist. This would definitely be added into the terrain but let's leave this for later after I finish the whole terrain layout.

+rep for the idea.

Level 28
I don't really see anything special or something innovative that was done using the Blizzard Cliffs' here so I don't really understand the hype.

The terrain looks decent so far but it just really missing something to make it really look like a dungeon. It needs a bit more destruction, chaos and some eerie feeling. I would also prefer just having a white or grey fog instead of purple.

Level 30
I don't really see anything special or something innovative that was done using the Blizzard Cliffs' here so I don't really understand the hype.

The terrain looks decent so far but it just really missing something to make it really look like a dungeon. It needs a bit more destruction, chaos and some eerie feeling. I would also prefer just having a white or grey fog instead of purple.

I guess the fog would add some eerie feeling to it which would be implemented. Any suggestions also to make the terrain look more destructive and chaotic?

And done, fog was changed to gray. It indeed fits the changes in the base tile and blizzard cliffs.

Thanks!

Level 28
Any suggestions also to make the terrain look more destructive and chaotic?

A few destroyed pillars, arcs and other doodads will be a good start. Because aside from a few skulls here and there the place looks a little too organized.

And done, fog was changed to gray. It indeed fits the changes in the base tile and blizzard cliffs.

White and grey fogs works like a magic in almost any scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.