• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Capital City

*if interested : A description of the map:*
*map1 : Capitol City
-Great detail has been put in to environment , doodats and esthetics.
-Huge map with countless creep camps, divided amongst 4 quarters . You start in a groups of 3close position with allies, there are 5 goldmines available for each of the 3 players.
-There is a shop a mercenary camp , and a laboratory in every quarter . Generally the creep camps are hard-ish to creep solo but the point is to work as a team of 3 . Some of the goldmines are more exposed while others are well protected ( Closer to Base Goldmines have more gold than the other ones ) . Each quarter also has 3 easy-ish camps to be able to solo with a small army as a starting point. While u move to the boarders of ur quarter the camps begin to harden and the rewards are much greater.
-Also for example: if u started in the bottom left quarter if ur moving north u will encounter a river with shipyards , the river has a couple of orange creep camps that prevent rushing and towering one side of the entrance to a quarter.
-Buying ships is also very beneficial they will allow you to cross the river and reach one of the 2 hardest creep camps on the map ( zeppelins and waygates can also be used ).
-If u move east from your quarter your going to reach the main entrance to the city and a very large red creep camp that drops artifacts .
-Moving inside the city there are several weak creep camps and several strong red creep camps defending a fountain of mana/health and 2 Marketplaces including 2 taverns on each side of the river ( the river is the half way point that divides the City / Map ) .
-NOTE: The map is not suppose to be symmetrical , adding a little spice to it was my point.
-NOTE: The terrain is unbuildable so it is impossible to block them off .
I would like to have some feedback from people that try it out.
I appriciate your help.
Best regards Bojan P.
Previews
Contents

Capitol City (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
1. To avoid enemy players starting near you in less than 3v3 matches, you can use the triggers in this map: Skeletal Coast v1.3 2. The map does not look symmetrical. Some buildings are placed farther or closer to some players than others (example: Way...
Level 4
I just finished the map .Its very good wish awesome terrain.And i have some suggestions about it.How about adding levers for the city gates???I believe it will be a better way to enter the city than just smashing them down.I also suggest adding a cidadel in the center of the map.Also i have an idea about creating some kind of enents,for example have the city to be in lockdown while at nighttime and during this have bandits to spawn at random mecenary camps in every quater and start attacking random bases.As the time pases the attacks will become more numerous and with better tactics perhaps.(please tell me your opinion about my ideas)

Level 22
I played the map and here is my review:
-The description can be formatted better.
-Isn't it supposed to be capital city?
-In the map info there is no need to write kill with a capital letter,since it doesn't start a new sentence.Artifacts is with only one s,not two.
-I see you have put a lot of work in the terrain and because of that the map looks awesome!Good job!
-I think replacing a few of the orange creep camps with green ones especially near the player's starting location won't be a bad idea
-I think each mercenary camp should have different units,to have a little bit more variety
Other than that the map is very good!You get a 4/5 from me +rep!

Last edited:
Level 8
Oh yeez does are some nice ideas, ill actually add some of them inside the edited version, but this for now is supouse to be a normal standart melee version. I also have a version when its 12 players vs PC : bandits but it still in the making , first wanted to see how it will play out
I just finished the map .Its very good wish awesome terrain.And i have some suggestions about it.How about adding levers for the city gates???I believe it will be a better way to enter the city than just smashing them down.I also suggest adding a cidadel in the center of the map.Also i have an idea about creating some kind of enents,for example have the city to be in lockdown while at nighttime and during this have bandits to spawn at random mecenary camps in every quater and start attacking random bases.As the time pases the attacks will become more numerous and with better tactics perhaps.(please tell me your opinion about my ideas)

Level 8
I played the map and here is my review:
-The description can be formatted better.
-Isn't it supposed to be capital city?
-In the map info there is no need to write kill with a capital letter,since it doesn't start a new sentence.Artifacts is with only one s,not two.
-I see you have put a lot of work in the terrain and because of that the map looks awesome!Good job!
-I think replacing a few of the orange creep camps with green ones especially near the player's starting location won't be a bad idea
-I think each mercenary camp should have different units,to have a little bit more variety
Other than that the map is very good!You get a 4/5 from me +rep!
Yea i wanted to add more green camps at the starting locations but it is suppose to be a 3man working team, so i prefered to have 1 slightly easy orange camp than 3 green camps, and yea typos happen xD , Tnx a lot for the reply !

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
1. To avoid enemy players starting near you in less than 3v3 matches, you can use the triggers in this map: Skeletal Coast v1.3
2. The map does not look symmetrical. Some buildings are placed farther or closer to some players than others (example: Way Gate placement; usually the neutral buildings in the center are asymmetrically placed; the shipyards on the east shallow water crossing are not placed on the same side as in the west).
3. Most mines have the same amount of gold. Why not diverse this a bit depending on the neutral camps protecting them?
4. The east side river does not have murlocs near the shipyard like the on the west side. Instead there's another group of sea elementals.
5. I suggest a Way Gate on the other hydra island for balance reasons, one which takes you back. This isn't Heroes of Might and Magic and not a solo game. Besides the map is huge.
6. Overall, I think some two more gateways would be good since moving your units by Zeppelin and or Ship isn't a fast way to travel and it's also inconvenient.

Awaiting Update.

=================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!

Level 8
1. To avoid enemy players starting near you in less than 3v3 matches, you can use the triggers in this map: Skeletal Coast v1.3
2. The map does not look symmetrical. Some buildings are placed farther or closer to some players than others (example: Way Gate placement; usually the neutral buildings in the center are asymmetrically placed; the shipyards on the east shallow water crossing are not placed on the same side as in the west).
3. Most mines have the same amount of gold. Why not diverse this a bit depending on the neutral camps protecting them?
4. The east side river does not have murlocs near the shipyard like the on the west side. Instead there's another group of sea elementals.
5. I suggest a Way Gate on the other hydra island for balance reasons, one which takes you back. This isn't Heroes of Might and Magic and not a solo game. Besides the map is huge.
6. Overall, I think some two more gateways would be good since moving your units by Zeppelin and or Ship isn't a fast way to travel and it's also inconvenient.

Awaiting Update.

=================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange!
Okey so :
1. The trigger didnt seem to work for this map it just crashed it .
2. Its not suppose to be symmetrical . But yes i did change it a bit now so its more even , ( moving the taverns and shipyards , aswell as the Way Gates ) .
3. Most of the mines hade the same amount of gold but the far ones had less. But yes i agree and i changed it . The camps closes to the main base have 15k gold, the mines closest to your opponent have 12.5k and the goldmines near the main entrance of the city have 10k now.
4.Yes i know i wanted to add a little spice to it , but i changed it now ( i know the camps are not the same length to the shipyard on both sides, but one side is closer to the top team and one side is closer to the bottom team ) .
5. Done !
6. Now there are 4 gateways , and i think that should be enough .
7. I also reduced the size of some of the creep camps in the middle and added 1 extra red creep camp.
Waiting on reply ! :)