• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The average Gamer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
First off i just want to say hey whats up long time no see. I've been busy with school and what not.

Now to the topic of my return. I'm taking a poll of average age of gamers for my statistics class and my first thought was hive workshop! For those of you who are comfortable with revealing your age then i would appreciate your consent to use you in my data. Please i ask you to be truthful i don't want false data. Thank you for those who help me. Also if you would, how long you've been gaming.

Been playing Jazz the Jackrabbit, Super Mario, Command and Conquer: Generals and Sonic the Hedgehog starting at age 3. Played quiiiite a lot back then :D
I played Pokemon between ages 9 and 13. I continued playing it on and off after that on a Gameboy emulator :p. Funnest time of my life!
During that period, I also played a lot of online games and PS2 games. I purchased a PS3 when I was 13 and I played Resistance 1 and 2.

Played Warcraft III since I was 12 and now I play DotA 2 :D

Level 23
Oh, and I was thinking the trio of me, Frankster, Rao Dao Zao were going to win this topic. :[
We can win... if we COMBINE OUR AGES. A 71-year-old that's been gaming for 48 years.

Having said that, I knew a guy who was 30-odd waaaaay back in the dark ages of WC3 modding. We can only claim victory among the remnants that have stuck around, and I'm not entirely sure how proud of that we should be...

Level 13
sure there are older guys that still play from time to time.
My older brother is 45 and still plays from time to time, but he started gaming pretty late with 20 something because there were no gaming computers before.

Level 5
I am 21 and started gaming between the ages of 3-4, so I've been gaming for around 18 years now.

Level 16
I am 19.7
ummm I remember I was gaming when I was 6. Not absolutely certian, but I think I havent stopped when I was 7 for sometime.

I think I was playing warcraft since 12 years old or something a little more maybe.
this year I have stopped playing for few weeks or months so but I am a gamer again now :D

I havent played warcraft for soooooo long though, but other game I play.

Edit: my 300th post! :D

Last edited:
Level 28
22 years old.

Been playing since I was 6, I think? Let's go with that.
So that's 16 years (about as long as Mag's been alive).

Used to play a lot of floppy disk-games (Commander Keen and such), also Tetris (and later Pokemon) on the original Nintendo Game Boy.
Then got into Lego Racers, Red Alert, Warcraft 2 and Age of Empires.
I think I got the Warcraft III battle chest back in 2003 (and purchased the regular edition after that, and the game of the year edition a bit later).

Edit: I thought Rui was indeed a bit older.

Level 5
I think Rui is saying he's been gaming for 17 years and that he started gaming when he was 5, so that would put him at 22.

Level 28
You're all big fat liars. No-one starts seriously playing games at 3, 4, 5 or even 6.

Hurrr hurr I've been gaming since 3 so that's almost my lifetime. :ogre_hurrhurr:
ESRB
Game rating: EC
Games with this rating contain no material that adults would find offensive.
This rating is for children ages 3-6.
Games that fall under this rating are specifically intended for young children and are usually educational and contains no violence, sexualities, nudity, or use of severe language.
Hurr durr, they make games specifically for an audience of 3-6 year olds.
Edit 2: yes, those games kinda suck by the way :D. Was way cooler with Commander Keen and such back in the day.

Edit: I even thought that I was always a 'late gamer', starting at 6, because my friend's been playing before that (I didn't own a PC back then, nor any consoles).

Level 14
ESRB
Game rating: EC
Games with this rating contain no material that adults would find offensive.
This rating is for children ages 3-6.
Games that fall under this rating are specifically intended for young children and are usually educational and contains no violence, sexualities, nudity, or use of severe language.
Hurr durr, they make games specifically for an audience of 3-6 year olds.
Edit 2: yes, those games kinda suck by the way :D. Was way cooler with Commander Keen and such back in the day.

Edit: I even thought that I was always a 'late gamer', starting at 6, because my friend's been playing before that (I didn't own a PC back then, nor any consoles).

Did 3 year olds play those games 15 years ago though?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Started Gaming at Age: 3
Real Gaming at Age: 8

Played Warcraft 3 since I was 11 and World of Warcraft since I was 8, I've pretty much quit both of them now though.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
21 (and half) gamer since ~8. My first PC game was The Aztecs - nintendo and such happened earlier.

Supporing Blizzard since 11y old. Bought each of thier games and played for at least couple of years. No beta key missed since WoW. Warcraft III career - since premiere.
My brother doubles the count since I've got a twin bro.

I don't know if you guys do such things but with friends I'm doin regular meeting for LAN parties (got really funny maniancs to play with). Even that I love club's nights, those LANs own ;>

Status
Not open for further replies.