• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Average Raider Statistics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey, im just gathering some raider statistics for my personal map. These statistics are based on raid groups who are not doing their first attempt on the raid, but havent fully cleared it or done satisfactory on it. So basically, raid groups that have that gear level.

In a 10 Man Average Raid Group:

How often does a raider forget to avoid a spell that kills them:

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP:

How often does a DPSer goes all out too early and takes the agro away from tank:

In a 40 Man Average Raid Group:

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP:

How often does a DPSer goes all out too early and takes the agro away from tank and DIES FROM IT:

If you have not ever done a 40 man pre-bc, than fill it out as a 25 man. If you have, please do it as a 40 man

So, here is an example of how to fill this out, from the raiding experiences I remember.

In a 10 Man Average Raid Group:

How often does a raider forget to avoid a spell that kills them: 3% (One person, Once every three boss attempts)

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP: 5% (Once every other raid group)

How often does a DPSer goes all out too early and takes the agro away from tank: 5% (Once every other boss )

In a 40 Man Average Raid Group:

How often does a raider forget to avoid a spell that kills them: 5% (Twice a boss)

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP: 2.5% (Once every raid)

How often does a DPSer goes all out too early and takes the agro away from tank and DIES FROM IT: .3625% (Once every four bosses)

So now, I want some others to fill this out. You may want to change the time in the raid from above, based on how well organized and disciplined your raid group is. So, if you consider your raid group a "hard-core" raid group, than extract the sample from some of your first attempts on your tier-level raid, or if your more easy-going, take your sample from some of the full clears of your current-tier raid.

Thank You,
~Asomath

Level 5

~Asomath
rofl, when i was playing a holy pally in raids i not once ever used holy light. only time i would use it in combat period was pvp and i was bubbled just so could get all health back quickly and keep DPSing while still bubbled. flash of light ftw though.

anyway only raiding ive done was in BC so...

10 man

How often does a raider forget to avoid a spell that kills them: 40% only becuase kara was mostley pugs after its third week of being released

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP:75% or 30% the reason the difference are HOTs. if we dont include HOTs then 70% if we do 30%

How often does a DPSer goes all out too early and takes the agro away from tank: 10%, this isnt usually due from to early all out. had a hunter in a guild that stole agro every 3 minutes in boss fights.

25 man

How often does a raider forget to avoid a spell that kills them: 10%, alot lower as it was all guild runs only or co-op guild runs. there was still those fights though like magtheridons cube prressing or allowing Ghosts to enter raid group in BT.

DPS and healing was about the same.

Back in BC days when I was an active raider, we made a lot of progress, up to BT.

10 man - Kara always went great, but we usually had problems with Netherspite, with people not switching on time, or accidentally going into the beams. Zul'Aman was quite difficult for us, because time limits put a lot of pressure on all of us and we usually performed poorly when we were rushing for the chest.

How often does a raider forget to avoid a spell that kills them: That happened quite often, like three times per night. (read 1/3 encounters)

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP: Meh, never really cared about heals, as long as I stay alive. ;)

How often does a DPSer goes all out too early and takes the agro away from tank: Never - me and the rest of the tanks made sure it never happened.

25 man - These were always hard to control, and always required presence on Vent. They weren't too hard either, but Hydross sometimes made our lives miserable.

How often does a raider forget to avoid a spell that kills them: It happened quite often, about every other encounter. I remember when a cube clicker 'forgot' to click the cube in Maggy encounter. We flamed the shit out of him.

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP: Same as 10 man.

How often does a DPSer goes all out too early and takes the agro away from tank: That wasn't really rare to see in the late health percentage, like 25% or so. It was mostly my fault because I tend to dose off while tanking and completely forget about other abilities except Revenge, Shield Slam and Devastate. Luckily most of the agro takers were rogues, so they could easily vanish and clear agro.

Level 5
How often does a DPSer goes all out too early and takes the agro away from tank: That wasn't really rare to see in the late health percentage, like 25% or so. It was mostly my fault because I tend to dose off while tanking and completely forget about other abilities except Revenge, Shield Slam and Devastate. Luckily most of the agro takers were rogues, so they could easily vanish and clear agro.

lol at dosing off as a warrior, try tanking as a druid and see how boring and repetitive that is. at least warriors get to change things up a bit from fight to fight [i.e. survival to threat to stance dance]

Level 6
I've based this on fights that have already been done, so everyone knows what to do, but simply forget to do something or luck isn't on our side.

In a 10 man average raid group:

How often does a raider forget to avoid a spell that kills them: 33% of the time on each bossfight. So 1/3 bosses.

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP: I don't think you can put a statistic on this one, because as long as the fight has been fought before, the healer knows whether it's spiky damage or not, so I'll just say; whenever needed.

How often does a DPS go all out too early and takes aggro off the tank: 2%, once every 5 bossfights or so.

In a 25 man average raid group:

One or two per fight, though it very much depends on the bossfight.

How often does a healer (maybe new) spam the heal spell with the longest cast time only because it gives more HP: I'll say the same as last time, whenever needed.

How often does a DPS go all out too early and takes aggro off the tank: Once every fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.