1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Autumn Court

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Dragonson, Oct 10, 2014.

1. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    The href attribute is wrong, maybe you're looking at the wrong link? It doesn't work for me on my laptop or my computer. Two different OSs and two different browsers ^^

At any rate, I'll apologize again for yet another delay in posting, but I have FINALLY posted now for reals :)

2. Wolfe

Wolfe

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello.

Am I too late?

3. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not at all my friend! ^^ I'd give you a proper greeting, but as of right now I don't have the time. Please, feel free to join us!

4. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know if I will really have the time to participate or if it is too late anyway but I wanted to try and make a character regardless.

WIP Character
    Name: Eveline Goriot
    Race:
    Half Human \ Half Herder
    Personality:
    Fake smile always lies on her face and she knows that others like to hear sweet words. The only person of importance to her is she and very few people that managed to earn sympathetic feelings and even less genuine care. She tries to be calm and wise beyond her age but she is still a rather young inexperienced person and can burst in anger, especially regarding those who are more power than she is, such as people noble birth and to extent dwarves. In private she is relaxed and enjoys not being forced to wear the mask of constant smiles and favors those lone moments when she can be herself. Still young and remains to be seen will she mellow down with age or become cynical.
    Backstory:
    Eveline is a single child of merchant Johan Goriot and to know her we must first learn something about her father. Johan earned his riches through questionable conducts in the foreign lands before deciding to settle in more peaceful Silithiren. During his travels he fell in love with herder girl but the union did not last for long. She gave birth to little Eveline but did not live to see her daughter grow up and instead Johan alone took care of his daughter. Eveline was raised as human and in time she grew to dislike her non human side and she developed a taste for more luxurious life her father provided her with. But money didn't last for long as Silithiren did not have wars which Johan knew how to exploit and so he had fallen in to debts. Eveline at first did not understand through what her father was going through but when she found out the lengths he was going through to make her happy she realized that one simply can not have riches and do nothing. To help out her father Eveline had to seek employment as a servant girl in a lesser noble house. Years passed and things didn't seem to change but the Eveline did learn valuable experience of plotting and intrigue and she believed in time she would find a way to bring her father back on his feet and have the riches and power she deserved. Till one day came invitation to something called "Autumn Court"...

5. Sky Green

Sky Green

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it too late to join? And is there any info I need to know (cause I'm too lazy to read all that text).
    Character (WIP)

Name: Skojam Wheelwalker
    Race: Human
    Personality: Skojam is a combination of many things. He lives a hedonistic lifestyle, with a bottle of wine always at the reach of his hand, and a lamb ready to be cooked in his vicinity. Armed with wit sharper than any sword ever forged, he considers laughter one of the best cures.
    Moreover, he is also an educated man and can be calm and level-headed if need be.
    Backstory: Born in a relatively affluent family, Skojam has enjoyed his life so far. He hails from an ancient family of Silithiren. His ancestor's were lords of a medium-sized town whose profit came from fishing. However, one year, a harsh winter combined with an outbreak of a disease made them quickly lose their status. Cashing in everything they could, they fled to a prosperous region, however the disease made the head of the family die, which caused a feud between his children. Skojam's branch was left with nothing, forcing them to travel the lands and barely surviving, until Skojam's grandfather became a smith in a small town. His talent as a smith and the fact that he used Skojam's father as free work force made him a widely known man. Skojam's father on the other hand, with little to no funding from Skojam's grandfather, was able to become a successful physician, working in a city relatively close to the capital. Skojam was raised in that town, taught to be loyal to his family, to the monarchy and to himself. He then studied to become a physician, however he, being himself, also enjoyed the arts. With an affinity to sing and write down his thoughts he dabbled with poetry. After becoming a physician, he settled in the capital city of Silithiren where he works as a physician while also writing literary works.

Also, in case joining is still an option, may I inquire about the legal status of some medical research? Like, can my character cut open people to study the human body etc. And are there any organized religions in Silithiren?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  6. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm at a bit of a loss as to how proceed from your last post, it felt a bit closing: No witnesses, no items - are we allowed to go back to our rooms and/or throw a wobbly? ^^
    Teyia's already decided that talking to the sister and brother is pointless (whether she's right or wrong is another matter entirely of course!).

7. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Edit: I realized that what I said in this post wasn't exactly what I meant to communicate. And thus, edits were made.

Heh, that's understandable. As a DM I usually expect ( and would reccomend ) that my players get together and discuss their course of action, which in the case of this particular RP has to be done in-character. Rather than ask me what is and is not possible, although I understand that you do it since I've sort of just rolled with it until now, I'd reccomend that you explore your options through ingame means.
    Circumstances change, and as of right now you have a member of the autumn court standing in front of you in the flesh. Now is an opportune time to ask questions.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  8. Sky Green

Sky Green

Resources:
    Resources:
    Isn't now an opportune time to introduce a new character? If you know what I mean, and I do believe you do.

9. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Don't worry, I'm looking for an opportune time to bring you and Velj into the game. As I mentioned in the PMs I was planning to ham-fistedly jam you into the game yesterday, but I REALLY would prefer for the introduction to be a bit smoother.

10. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Just out of curiosity will new characters be brought to the court when they are introduced or will it be said that they were whole time present just hadn't voiced their opinions yet. Maybe I am getting wrong impression but I have feeling that there are more judges in the mist besides Magnus, Drem, Teyia, Arila, Syhr and Rhyme.

As for current state of affairs I would like to ask current active players to explore their surroundings. Yes roleplay with each other but also try to see also who sits next to you and figure out your surroundings.

11. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    The big difficulty for me is that I'm trying to roleplay (obviously :grin:), and Teyia isn't a *particuarly* charismatic or forward-speaking character. She's not stupid either though, so would understand that simply getting up and starting to snoop around is not a good idea. I don't mean to whine (I chose the character!), I just want to make it clear that I am active, and if my posts are short or infrequent that^ is the reason why!

12. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem. ^^ I've come to appreciate slow moving roleplays, although this speed would have driven me absolutely insane a few years ago. :p

EDIT: So, uh, while I was writing on the new DM post in the live thread I realized something which I kinda' ought to mention but which I always forget;
    This world has no sun and no moon. There's just daylight where we have sunlight, and starlight where we have moonlight.
    Yeah, I know this is kind of major, but since it's completely normal to the world's inhabitants and only weird to us I always kind of forget about it. I'll try to let you guys know whenever something like this pops up, as I know there'll be more.
    Also, sorry for the DM post taking so long. I'll leave a quick explanation along with it once I've finished.

13. Sky Green

Sky Green

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well then, since I'm in the rp now, here's my finished character info.

Character

Name: Skojam Wheelwalker
    Race: Human
    Personality: Skojam is a combination of many things. He lives a hedonistic lifestyle, with a bottle of wine always at the reach of his hand, and a lamb ready to be cooked in his vicinity. Armed with wit sharper than any sword ever forged, he considers laughter one of the best cures.
    Moreover, he is also an educated man and can be calm and level-headed if need be.
    Backstory: Born in a relatively affluent family, Skojam has enjoyed his life so far. He hails from an ancient family of Silithiren. His ancestor's were lords of a medium-sized town whose profit came from fishing. However, one year, a harsh winter combined with an outbreak of a disease made them quickly lose their status. Cashing in everything they could, they fled to a prosperous region, however the disease made the head of the family die, which caused a feud between his children. Skojam's branch was left with nothing, forcing them to travel the lands and barely surviving, until Skojam's grandfather became a smith in a small town. His talent as a smith and the fact that he used Skojam's father as free work force made him a widely known man. Skojam's father on the other hand, with little to no funding from Skojam's grandfather, was able to become a successful physician, working in a city relatively close to the capital. Skojam was raised in that town, taught to be loyal to his family, to the monarchy and to himself. He then studied to become a physician, however he, being himself, also enjoyed the arts. With an affinity to sing and write down his thoughts he dabbled with poetry. After becoming a physician, he settled in the capital city of Silithiren where he works as a physician while also writing literary works. Although not engaging in politics of any kind, his charisma allows him to use his numerous contacts as ways to gain information about the current status in the kingdom, which he primarily uses in his works, often criticizing some flaws of the society.

14. VeljkoM

VeljkoM

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    That is just sad, the level of overreaction is unbelievable. Thins only serves to prove that you were right.

15. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, let's just disregard him for the time being. Hopefully his posts will be cleaned up sooner or later.

16. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like something happened while I was away. Can someone walk me through it? It's fine though if no one wants to.

17. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, it pretty much goes like this:
    I kicked frettory from the roleplay, he freaked out and did some stuff which was dealt with by the site's mods before I was able to witness it, he was given an infraction and had his most recent posts removed, he then did something else which I did not witness which resulted in him being banned and the all posts in the OOC thread relating to the fact that he was kicked removed, he then made another account by the name of Dragonson2 which he used to spam the live RP thread, the RP subforumforum, my profile page and my inbox which has resulted in him now being IP banned.

I think that about covers it. As you can see a lot of stuff happened while I was away and which was dealt with before I as much as had a chance to see it, so this might not be entirely accurate.

Since it was removed by the mods I won't repost the extended explanation for why I kicked him here, since they might have reasons beyond just mass-wiping the part of the thread related to him being kicked, but if you want to read it then I'll send it to you via PM. I believe I made a copy of it, so it shouldn't be problematic.

18. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'd like to read the extended one if it isn't a problem.

19. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    No problem, I'll send it your way.

20. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Oh, I missed some drama - can't say I'm sorry about that!
    Glad to see it's sorted.

At any rate, apologies for my absence again, it's a busy time of year!
    I will aim to get a good post done for tomorrow! :)