Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

[Live] The Autumn Court - Chapter One: Bloodheir

Discussion in 'Roleplaying' started by Dragonson, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Magnus yet again questions the lad "Tell us, young Avythir, where were you on the night of this massacre? Give us an exact log of your bearings of that day half a fortnight* ago. We want to know what exactly has been occurring, so it is best you answer us with honesty.

OOC- Where'd GunSlinger dissapear off to?

*Fortnight = 14 days, so Half a Fortnight = 7 days. 7 Days = 1 Week

2. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    OOC- Sorry. Was sleeping at this time.

"Hmm. Something doesn't make sense though. His brother and sister claim to see him covered in blood in his bed at the morning. What's weird here is that what kind of killer doesn't clean himself up after a killing and simply go to bed? Unless I misunderstood something here, I would like to bring attention to this matter." Drem voiced out.

3. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Avithyr listens to Magnus' question, and looks like he's about to answer when Drem speaks. His eyes light up with something which might be hope as the young writer speaks, but he suppresses it quickly and answers Magnus.
    "I spent most of the day sparring with my uncle, Jonas. I returned to my chambers exhausted, then spent an hour reading a book my mother gave me before I went to sleep."

4. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Avithyr turns is gaze towards Arilia, a hint of annoyance in his eyes.
    "There was no blood!"

5. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Magnus, quite angered at the nonchalant bickering, speaks out, "Enough! Avythir, since you say that you were in sparring against Jonas*, can he vouch as a witness to your innocence? Also, do you have anyone else who would vouch as a witness to your innocence?

*- Is Jonas supposed to be called Sir Jonas or Lord Jonas, or something similar? Otherwise, I'll refer to him as Jonas..

6. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Drem speaks lightly.
    "Yes. We can also call for those who claim he did."

He leans forward in his chair.
    "Also, you are the heir to the throne correct? Wouldn't it be possible that this would be a case an internal struggle for the crown?" He questions.

7. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    A voice without a source, like the hooded woman's, pierces the air of the chamber. It is that of a man, deep and age-worn.
    "All witnesses, as well as those who defend the accused and anyone else deemed relevant, are already in Year's End. They can be here in a few moment's notice, should you require their pressence."
    Avithyr's eyes widen for a moment upon hearing this, but he quickly regains his bearings.
    "Yes, please! Ask Jonas, ask my mother or anyone else who was in the castle that night! I slept like a godsdamned bear in winter that night!"
    He faces Drem as the young writer voices his question.
    "I'm supposed to take the reins of the dukedom come summer*, yes."
    There's something in Avithyr's eyes as he utters those words, but none present can identify exactly what.

*It is currently mid-winter, when Silithiren is covered in thick snow and life-ending cold.

OOC: Jonas Tolk holds no noble title, but he is the duke of Tolk's younger brother so he may very well be referred to as 'lord'. There is however nothing wrong in just calling him 'Jonas'.

8. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Drem was a bit shocked at the knowledge that the witnesses and those related were already inside the fort. He shudders at the thought of how quickly and how they had gotten them.
    "Well. That makes thing a little easier for us now." Drem speaks as he turns to the others.
    "Who do you think should we call first? I vote for either Jonas or his brother or sister."

9. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    Teyia's attention had wavered since she had first entered the amphitheatre.
    At first she had taken to the closest empty seat, towards the back of the gathering with a mind to avoid any direct involvement.
    She propped up her head in one hand and allowed her mind to drift, as her eyes scanned over the room lazily, taking a vague note of those few who were speaking.

But as more and more people began to join in the conversation, Teyia found herself less and less interested. Why was she here? Because she agreed to come, yes, but why did she? Because there was nothing else left for her back home, but was that true? Was coming here really the right decision? What even is here? There was simply too much to process, two days was simply not enough.

And so the introductions and idle chatter continued for some time, until at long last, the purpose of their audience was finally announced.
    They were to trial someone? For murder? Of three hundred people?

Not only was the story itself shocking, but also the fact that they seemed to be considering all of those present to be perfectly qualified to make such a judgement on this man. If she didn't know better, she'd say she was dreaming. But no, that in itself, would be far too good to be true.

For the first few minutes Teyia let the others prod, jab and jibe the supposed guilty-party, and found herself pulling more than just a few faces at some of the more extreme comments and questions they put forward.
    Again, how are we, how are any of us qualified to judge this man? He who no doubt has a better upbringing and education than myself and many others here. A Noble, called guilty, by a writer, architect and who else knows what?

It's not that she was against the idea, not at all, but the concept was most definitely an alien one, and so she kept her mouth firmly shut at first.
    But when he mentioned taking over the throne, the way he tagged on that conclusive acknowledgement to the end of the sentence, the tone of his voice and that ever so strange flickering in his eyes.

That look, she was wasn't certain, but she thought she had seen it before...
    The look of a man, no perhaps a boy, a boy who wasn't quite ready to grow up yet - the same boy who pouts when he's told he's going to be a big brother - and from now on, he has to be a "big man" and take good care of his little sister.

"So then, I am right in thinking that you do not wish to lay claim to your rightful Throne, my lord?"

The words slipped from her mouth - loud and clear - before she'd even thought to speak them.

10. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Avithyr spins around, facing the direction this new voice had come from. His cheeks are turning bright-red.
    "How dare you! Of course I wish to claim my rightful place as Tolk's ruler! My father raised me to continue his legacy, and-"
    Avithyr is cut off by Rhyme's laughter, echoing through the room. When she finally catches her breath her silhouette faces Teyia, still clutching its stomach.
    "Heh, I like you already. As much as I want to know the answer to your question though, I don't think we're going to get anything else out of him yet. I lend my voice to the idea of bringing in the kid's uncle."
    From the other side of the hall Syhr grunts.
    "I, for one, agree with the outspoken man who has not yet given us his name*. We should speak to the siblings before we go any further, as their claims are essential to the case."

*Arilia.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  11. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Magnus, still thinking, says "Bring all three of them here, one at a time, We shall question them one-by-one. Something or someone may slip up..

12. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    "I think it would be best to question them separately to see if their testimonies are the same. if not, I guess it's safe to say someone is lying." Drem said as he folds his arms.

13. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Syhr's silhouette nods.
    "Yes, bringing in more than one would do us no good. THe last thing we want is for them to be able to communicate with each other."
    "Unless we have something specific in mind, that is."
    Rhyme adds.
    A gust of wind blows through the hall, followed by the hooded woman's voice.
    "What are your requests, judges? Is Avithyr to remain in the hall, or do you wish to speak with someone else?"

14. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    Syhr's silhouette shifted in its chair.
    "Information gained from an individual being exposed to torture is never reliable. People will say anything you ask them to when the alternative is excruciating pain, and we are simply left with the same dilemma of whether to believe them or not.
    Frankly, I find your insistence regarding the use of this cruel method of interrogation to be apalling."

15. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Magnus, responds "Agreed! This fellow's too eager to torture them. It's madness really. Take away Avythir and bring in Jonas, I say."

16. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    "I'll go with Jonas then. The brother or sister should be next." He adds.

17. Grey Nightmare

Grey Nightmare

Resources:
    Resources:
    "Torture? If we succumb to that level of interrogation, then how much better are we than the one called suspect?" Teyia added, sitting up straight.
    "But from what we've been told, I'm not sure we'll be able to get much from the brother or sister other than that they found him asleep on his bed, in a pool of blood - and hasn't he already denied that? So where does that leave us?".

18. Dragonson

Dragonson

Resources:
    Resources:
    OOC:
    Well, I'm afraid neither of your two actions are possible. You are not allowed to leave the Warmwind Halls, and your dart trick would be viewed by the court as a transgression against someone who is in their custody (guilty of crimes or not). Since that action isn't going to go through it is unimportant, but should you actually attempt to do somethng like that then there will be consequences.
    The Autumn Court allows you but a single weapon; your mind.

The second set of actions is impossible, as
    A: This is reniassance times. The fact that you're actually part of a court questioning and judging criminals rather than just declaring them guilty or not guilty based on the judgement of whoever is in power is a new and forward-thinking idea already, and the kind of investigation protocol which we know today is nonexistent.
    B: The bed has long-since been cleaned (if there actually was any blood there to begin with, that is) and although witnesses have been gathered as they are relevant to the case pieces of evidence have not exactly had the same kind of attention paid to them.
    C: The twin blades are still not even certain to have existed at all, as their existence so far relies entirely on witness accounts.

In general you have to keep in mind that you're not dealing with the well-oiled machine that is modern law enforcement systems, but something far more chaotic.

IC:
    Rhyme chuckles.
    Syrhr's silhouette nods slowly.
    "Lady Nameless-Voice-Of-Reason has a good point. I've changed my mind, and I vouch that we bring in the uncle."
    A gust of wind blows through the hall, shifting the mist. The hooded woman's voice is heard again.
    "A majority has vote has been reached, and Jonas Tolk will be brought before you shortly. Avithyr will remain in the circle until his uncle arrives, in case you have any further questions for him."

19. GunSlinger

GunSlinger

Resources:
    Resources:
    "I have no questions for Avithyr."

20. Wolffman

Wolffman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Magnus replies "Neither do I. Please bring in Jonas."