• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] 'We are Born when we Die' Nova took light, careful steps up the mountain. The bright li

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
'We are Born when we Die'

Nova took light, careful steps up the mountain. The bright light of the setting sun covered the ground in orange tones. But her mind was far from the mountain. To leave the city so quickly, was so unlike him. But, the look in his eyes... as if something had gone wrong. As if his trump card was taken away from him. That confidence, that made him absolute. It was as if he was reduced from the Prophet, a man who looks the chessmaster in eye as he finishes him off, to a mere figure on the chessboard. Nova did not know what has gone wrong, but the very fact that he was distressed with something seemed terrifying, after seeing him remain cold and calculating, even in such great defeats, when an entire underground sanctum of the Cult was flooded by the secret guard.
It wasn't even the fact that Terentian seemed weary, that made her shiver. It was that everything was going perfectly well. Suddenly leaving the city with all of the Cult being ready for an out-right war... it made no sense.

A rock flew by and Nova cringed. Why did he tell her to climb this mountain again? The moment she thought that, she heard strange, echoing sounds coming from the summit. The sounds that reminded her of her childhood somewhat... a guitar? Did Terentian bring a menestrel here?

As she reached the summit, she looked up and then stopped, in shock. He was sitting on one of the crumbled rocks, with the instrument in his hands. The day kept getting stranger and stranger... he looked at her and smiled. Then he touched the strings and began to sing, while playing a slow and somewhat sad tune.

'Why... say goodbye?
We are born again,
when we die...
But we will never leave our lives...'

Nova made a few steps forward and stood by one of the rocks. Terentian kept strumming the guitar, while looking at the setting sun.

'Everything that ever will be,
Always has been.
And everything that ever has been
Always will be...'

He looked her in the eyes and smiled. Although Nova tried to conceil her further amazement, she still couldn't believe it. This was perhaps the first time she had seen him smile, even though he had trouble doing it.
'Old song...' he suddenly said, and Nova stuttered '...my father used to sing it, when he was still walking. I never really understood what it meant, until now'
Terentian chuckled a bit, but she could feel he was still sad.
'Why did we leave?' she asked.
'I have lost my path. I do not know what happens next' he replied and looked away from her, to watch the setting sun.

The two in green cloaks sat on the rocky hill, until darkness fell on the land.

Attachments

• 67614.png
    67614.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
Status
Not open for further replies.