• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Picture] "The Deal" As the night covered the city, Nova entered the Stanson House. Once a rich m

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
"The Deal"

As the night covered the city, Nova entered the Stanson House. Once a rich merchant's home, it was now a tavern in the western part of the city.
She quietly entered the gloomy room filled with smoke. She went up to the barkeeper and when nobody was near whispered to him.
"I'm here for the Darkens"
The barkeeper nodded and then looked at a door leading to the second floor. She went up the short ladder and entered the room on the second floor. Behind a desk, was sitting a large man in full body armor. Next to him were several barrels, similar to the ones she saw before.
"And who are you, missy?" he asked, his facial expression being a strange mix of a smile and a frown.
She pointed her hand at him and said:
"I'm the hand of justice! I know what you want to do!"
The man smirked and then started laughing out loud. Nova put her hand down, not sure what to think.
"You? You're the hand of justice?" he laughed and then faster then a lightning, his face became grim. He put his big, gloved fist on the table.
"This is the hand of justice. The Darkens will strike at the king and this acursed Falmir shall fall at last"
"But if you blow up the square, hundreds of innocent people will get hurt!" she yelled.
"They are the neceserry sacrifice"
"Why do you have to sacrifice others?!"
He sighed and looked at herwith laughing eyes.
"Maybe one day you will understand, girl. It's grown up business. So what are you going to do now? Tell the guard about the Darkens?"
"No" she exclaimed "I challenge you to a duel. If you win, you can kill me, but if I win, you will stop this. We'll solve this by honour"
The man sat frozen for a few seconds until he began to laugh out loud once more.
"I've got to hand it to you kid, I haven't laughed this much in years. Okay. I agree. Let's duel. If I lose, we will not blow up the square. I'll even give you a head start" he replied. He stood up, took his axe and walked to the door. He then yelled to the bartender:
"Get everybody out of here!"
The bartened nodded and then took out a bell. The chime filled the room and the people left muttering curses. The duelists went down and stood face to face.
"Okay, you go first missy. I may even let you hit me onc-" he was talking, as Nova took out a blade and jumped towards him, cutting his cheek. He swore and rushed towards her. She quickly evaded all his strikes and continued leaving cuts on his skin. As he roared and threw a table at her, she quickly jumped onto the flying piece of furniture and from it stroke the man, whose axe flew away. He was on the floor as she put her blade to his throat.
"Seems like you lost" she said, smiling.
He stood up slowly and looked at her grimly.
"Didn't think you'd beat me. Oh well. Guards!"
Suddenly, from all the doors, armed people flew in. Two grabbed Nova and took away her blade.
"But you promised-" she began yelling as the man laughed.
"Hah. You seriously think this is how we solve things? This is real world, kid. Not a fairytale. We are not going to be interrupted by something like that"
"Hassan, you got your ass served to you, by a girl" some guy said. Hassan turned to him with a mad expression and the comedian hid his eyes.
"The kid got lucky. If anyone here has doubts, I'm sure you'll see his head 2 feet away from his neck tomorrow. And just to make sure the kid doesn't get lucky again..."
He looked Nova in the eyes and then suddenly smiled.
"...we'll throw her into the well"
She was almost ready to scream from horror. This could not be happening. She had faith, she had will, how could this happen? The men dragged her into the cellar, where a dark hole in the floor stood in the middle. They put her on the edge and then threw her down into the darkness. After standing there for a few seconds they heard something hit the wet rocky bottom. They left the cellar and locked the hatch.

Attachments

• 59575.png
    59575.png
    818.5 KB · Views: 37
Status
Not open for further replies.