• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Fantasy] The New World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This is one of the two roleplays the epicnuts crew is hosting for you here on the hive, the other one is Safe House.

The New World

You were on the "Shion" a merchant ship traveling form Port Itvetsk to the city of Dalnhar but you were caught in a storm, the ship was destroyed and now you find yourself washed up on land you don't recognize. Welcome to The New World.

This is going to be a roleplay about magic and exploration. There are five special things to note about this roleplay:
  1. Every player knows magic and has a special magical element.
  2. The story and world develops as you travel further into the world, you will not be provided with any information that your characters hasn't found out.
  3. Everyone will play as humans, the twist here though is that in the new world, humans are minority.
  4. I will not let you know the meaning and the differences of all the elements because I want you to choose them because you like them as an element, not because of what they bring to your character.
  5. This is a dice rolling game, rules will be explained after character creation.

Magical Elements (The elements are the magicians source of power)
  • Fire
  • Earth
  • Lightning
  • Fauna
  • Flora
  • Illusion
  • Decay
  • Air
I am open to suggestions on other elements.

Setting
No gunpowder, no industrial influences.
Medieval times with magic.

Character Creation
You will create your character by filling in the character sheet and posting it here. You can make up anything about the old world and add it to your history. Once you have created you character you will be provided with a set of abilities for your character to use based on your element, that I have designed. Some of them will be the same for characters with the same element and some of them will be individual to your character. As you advance in level you achieve more skills and abilities.

Name:
Appearance: (You need to have a written description, a picture is optional.)
Element:
Interests/hobbies:
Bonus: (Pick either physical or mental. I will then provide you with a random bonus based on your choice)
Personality:
Ethical code:
History: (Keep this short and sweet, not more than two paragraphs. The reason for this is that characters are suppose to be formed along with the game)

Enjoy!

Note: This will not be played on the hive but on another website, I will provide a link to where you can post your character once you register your interest.

EDIT: You can register and create your characters over at www.epicnuts.com, to find TNW navigate your way to Forums>Instants Index>The New World you should find everything you need there to create your character.

Last edited:
Level 7
Is the dice rolling thing difficult?
Since I prefer freeform storytelling more, but if this turns out good, I'll join :D

Level 4
Since I prefer freeform storytelling more, but if this turns out good, I'll join :D
I'm not sure I know your definition of "free form storytelling", could you explain it?

And the dice rolling is not going to be very complicated. The reason I'm not giving the system away yet is because I haven't designed it yet.

Last edited:
Level 12
I'm not sure I know your definition of "free form storytelling", could you explain it?

It's really just a thing we made up here to give an excuse to not use dice rolls in RPs. Essentially, the only form of "RPing" most users have known here. Only a small handful have actually experience in dice rolls in RPs.

Basically, you just talk and talk and talk and talk the crap of whatever the hell you like. Justifying god-modding and showing off your character with walls'o'text. Essentially, just storytelling, not RPing, but with an excuse to beat the shit out of everyone and a fancy term used by users who really have no idea how dice rolls work.

One thing I find vague: Bonuses. What are they? I know what the definition of bonuses are but what are Bonuses (Notice the capital) in the confines of this RP?

Is there an overarching story?

Level 4
It's really just a thing we made up here to give an excuse to not use dice rolls in RPs. Essentially, the only form of "RPing" most users have known here. Only a small handful have actually experience in dice rolls in RPs.

Basically, you just talk and talk and talk and talk the crap of whatever the hell you like. Justifying god-modding and showing off your character with walls'o'text. Essentially, just storytelling, not RPing, but with an excuse to beat the shit out of everyone and a fancy term used by users who really have no idea how dice rolls work.
Ahh, I understand. In our community it's defined the exact opposite way, when it's non dice, which are most of our games we don't define it, when it's dice we do.
One thing I find vague: Bonuses. What are they? I know what the definition of bonuses are but what are Bonuses (Notice the capital) in the confines of this RP?
Bonuses are basically passive abilities, I will design them and provide you with them based on what your character is like, what bonus you picked and what element you picked.

I'm sorry everything is a little vague but I'm trying out a new form of writing lore with this RP.

The world forms around the characters, therefore, not at the moment. But that's not saying the story is dependent on the players. It just won't be linear.

So, as I now have the terminology explained to me I can say that you don't have to worry about this game being dice heavy, it just has a RPG component.

EDIT: Information on how to create a character can be found at the bottom of the original post. Let's do this!

Last edited:
Level 7
Name:tough_zai
Appearance: (elemental face with human body.)
Element:fire.lightning
Interests/hobbies:playing rpg,making poem,doing somthing
Bonus: (mental. Personality:
Ethical code:
History: wat king of history i put?

Level 2
Name:tough_zai
Appearance: (elemental face with human body.)
Element:fire.lightning
Interests/hobbies:playing rpg,making poem,doing somthing
Bonus: (mental. Personality:
Ethical code:
History: wat king of history i put?

I... I...
300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

I'd be interested in joining this if you're still interested in running it (although the lack of activity here says otherwise).

Level 19

.... I take this rather offensively. So I don't know how dice rolls work? You think that's why I made Avataria the way I made it? >.>
It's a whole different way of roleplaying, but ofcourse some like it with more limits and strict rules to stick to. Some like the GM to make everything up, and have a minor impact on the story. Some like to only do one action per post. I don't. That has nothing to do with lack of experience in other types of RP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.