• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #9 Poll

Who do you vote for to win the texture contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Mr.Goblin your texture lacks everything its a random mess or red and yellow with filter work.
Not to mention you voted for yourself.

anyways side note.

Denu : his skin is NOT creative or even great for that matter.(its decent)
I know that wrap is a bitch to use however the portrait he created is not good at all, and the muscle layout is very poor.
Besides that point its an EXTREMELY boring skin a red demon on a demon model...
It is smooth and nice though.

Dio: Nice texture on the body however I personally do not care for lava cracks everywhere, and that completely KILLED the face. Decent skin, I voted for you.

Level 20
Here's my untalented totally worthless opinion:

Sansui's unwrap is a masterpiece. I love it. Unfortunately, the wrap sucks, so I'll have to pass.

Denu's skin looks nice and clean, but it's VERY dull. Could've used a bit more colour in there,eh?

Thus I vote for Dio's, because the rest really aren't worth mention.

i have to admit.. its pretty messy.. but i'm telling i used filter... only for the wings and the ribs... cause i didnt had time to do it... and i'm a new member... and i tought i could vote for myself... cause in any kind of vote... example (election) you can vote for your party..

but anyway .. i guest your true... and good luck for the rest of the competition ... D:

Edit: Btw i dont understand why some of you are really mean with me... i will ask you to stop.. its only a competition after all... and even its 50% of the vote is by the judge... so ...

Last edited:
Level 10
Sansui's texture is by FAR the best in quality here. Blah. I can't even think of any critiques for it. If I could texture like that. I would... never mind, too off topic. Anyways, Sansui- bravo! Very defined, clean, great concept, very original. You've got my vote!

yeah... he should win... his burnt skin is just so awsome... but he missed the face expresion a bit... (i think) might help you Sansui... = Heres the unwrap people!

Sorceresscopy-4.jpg

for shure its much more better than my skin... ^^

Level 7
it LOOKS really cool, anyhow ;) for non skinning experts like me and many others... really! Looks very cool :)

Level 8
Just stoppin' by for a quick visit, but I couldn't resist commenting. As before, please take no offense at any statements made: I come off as really rude and abbrasive...

Mr.Goblin ...you voted for yourself...

Denu : his skin is NOT creative...
Besides that point its an EXTREMELY boring skin a red demon on a demon model...

Dio: ...Decent skin...

I tend to agree to some extent with Sansui's criticisms, but nonetheless...

Mr.Goblin: Fairly good technically, but I would have like to seen more creativity in terms of the model (i.e. transformation to demon rather than remake a demon). I actually really enjoyed the end result.

Denu : Much of the texture seems rather reminiscent of your demon from Texturing Competition #3 (Demon-themed). While I applaud your ability, it might have been good to stray from both the color palette and overall appearance of #3.

Dio: I actually really like this skin, and contrary to Sansui, I thought the face's lava cracks looked great and were well-executed. However, if I am not mistaken, you used the same exact model in Text. Comp. #3, and I would definitely have liked to see some more diversity in terms of model choice. Using different kinds of models lets you showcase your obvious artistic prowess.

Sansui: The texture was very well done. I can't say that I necessarily liked it as a whole, but the artistic quality was top-notch. Well done!

And so, my vote goes to Gob, with Sansui as a close 2nd. Great work, everyone!

Last edited:
Level 9
1.dio i cant say that its bad, its good one, but simply dislike idea.
2.CombatTheWombat, its good, maybe low details, but u are getting better
3.AntoMarc well bad idea, why u skined the turtle!?
4.denu, well TOTAL ownage, perfect skin on never-skined unit!
5.Mr.Goblin, too classic, same as dio
6.FamousPker, well not bad though, but kinda out of theme...
7.Communist, i must say really nice, but no flames at all, out of theme :S
8.Havking, looks like doomguard on that unit :S not much creative..
9.Sansui well really nice, high details, gr8 idea, and gr8 thing comeout. my fav after denu's skin.

regards
markone

Level 17
Goblin didn't use all the best methods, and his unwrap isn't that great, but I had not seen the unwrap when I voted. Wrapped, it looks the best.

Sansui's is pretty cool looking, but it wraps terribly, as others said. I think it could use some work to match the wrap better.

Denu, your skin is good considering what you have to work with for a wrap. and was probably the most work to do. but it's a bit bland and I don't think it matches the fire theme very well.

Dio's skin looks good, though the armor is kindof meh. and the cracks inside his mouth make it hard to tell the difference between when his mouth is open v when its closed.

I still think Goblin pulled off the best looking result, even if it does use filters.

1. Goblin
2. Dio
3. Denu
4. Sansui
5. Combat
6. FamousPker
7. Hawkwing
8. CommyOrc
9. AntoMark

Level 7
Dionesiist : Nice skin at face could use more work isn't very clear at eyes
CombatTheWombat : hmm the face isn't clear here to a bit repetitive ( at my skin to ) the rocks need more work to are a bit blurry
FamousPker93 : good skin nothing more to say here its a good idea but its near out of theme
Denu : demon on demon unoriginally and only red on a naked demon I don't like it, its boring to. I agree with Sansui here
Mr. Goblin : awesome skin nothing anymore to say here good job
Hawkwing : for me only the armor , hair and the wepon its skinning then only recolor and isnt' very original probable its only my idea
Sansui : awesome skin here to I think I don't have something to say here
Communist_orc : good idea but the skin isn't very good nothing fire here or demonic out of theme

1. Mr. Goblin
2. Sansui
3. Dionesiist
4. FamousPker93
5. CombatTheWombat
6. Denu
7. Hawkwing
8. Communist_orc

Hawkwing : for me only the armor , hair and the wepon its skinning then only recolor and isnt' very original probable its only my idea

Okay I agree I fucked up the armor. But I think we've already covered why that happened. There is no recolour and what's wrong with a Quildoomguard. Denu's idea is simply a fiery version of a shadowy demon, same goes for Mr.Goblins. Now my skin sucks in comparisson to those two but if you're going to say my idea isn't very creative take a look at the other submissions. No offense to you two lol. You guys did great.

My turn to give my reasons.

Sansui: The wrap looks horrible and it's not very colourful. Though I do like the idea and the unwrap very much.

Dionesiist: I'm not a huge fan of the armor and wings but the colours and general idea is awsome.

CombattheWombat: The idea is basically just a dark naga with some lava on him. I'm not a fan of the lava crack spam or the smooth black underbelly.

AntoMarc: Lava cracks are poorly done and there is way too much of it. I, along with others, would also agree that the shell is poorly done. It's scratchy and too opague. More depth pl0x.

Denu: The model you chose was great and a very risky thing to do. You pulled it off well. Besides some of the muscles here and there I think you constructed that body very well. My major concern is the fact that he is basically naked and the idea is very simple.

Mr.Goblin: Very well done! The face is great. I'm not too happy about the filters but you didn't use too many so who cares. The weapon and the armor could've been more 'black volcanic rock' versus the molten red rock you used for it.

FamousPker49: I actually liked yours a lot. A few things I'd change here and there but overall it's quite good.

communist_orc: The idea has been done many times before, it's not very original. Also it's still quite similar to its original form, except it's black and gold.

Hawkwing: Why the hell did you even join this competition if you were gonna make such shit. Gtfo.

1. Mr.Goblin
2. Denu
3. Sansui
4. Dionesiist
5. FamousPker49
6. CombattheWombat
7. communist_orc
8. AntoMarc

Level 24
An oppinion no matter how harsh would it be,wont be criticesed,so let's go!

Dionesiist:

Well Dio,I love your skin ,reminds me of a real demon as described in the Bible.The feathers are great,and the face is a scary one,but the armor lacks metal,so to say,it doesent looks like metal,more like stone!

CombatTheWombat

It seems that hell turned towards the naga,when the mirmydon left his scales for a full rock hide.It looks awesome,that face is out of this world!

The only things that lack here,are the rocks,some of them stick out a bit more and the logics,you dont see a rock snail everyday,do you?

AntoMarc

I voted your skin,because I loved the idea and the portrait hypnotized me!
The shell is a bit bright colored!
Imagine it with a flamming missile attack,it would be the blast!

Denu

Sincerily,the only thing that impresses me,are those wings,they are amazing!
And Denu,about the face,since when did demons had those lips?

FamousPker

Famous,brother,I must say that your skin is awesome,but where is the fire?
It looks more undead!

Mr.Goblin

The Pitlord is fabulous,that portrait is RAWR!
Even the blade is heavily textured,it is 10/10!

Hawkwings

The Razormane skin,has been done before,but yours is trully unique,it matches the theme,it is cute and most of all I even used it!
But the armor looks strange,change it and you would dramatically change it's aspect.

Communist_Orcy

Well Orcy,your skin reminds me of Ner'zhul,ah the days of Warcraft 2!
But it does not fit in the flamming/demonic theme of the contest,if you would of changed the green orcish skin patterns with a red color,the skin would of rocked!

Sansui

Man,you had no mercy for that Sorceress,the portrait is gruesome.
But among the other skinns ,the armor truly rocks!
Good job!

Well,you all done a great job,good luck on future skinns!

Level 45
It seems I may have let a bad case slip in....meaning I might have to let Goblin be kicked out due to filter use and recolor as from what I can see there is too much of it and most people are right on the subject, im going to have to ask some staff what they think. I should of reviewed the skin more in detail instead of letting it in. Just a heads up people.

Level 23
Hm? Maybe you're right, but that would be wrong to do in my opinion, since no one took actions before. I mean, you discuss it now, while the contest and the polls have been going on for a long time.

Im not saying that he deserves to win. But well, if he violated against any rules, fine.

Hm, besides, many of those who voted ignored the filters and looked upon the potrait, which only got positive comments, as far as I can see.

Level 23
I see... But then, you are one of the judges right? So basically you could just give him less score due to this filter. I don't know how muh it would affect his result since he has a pretty good lead.

>< i would say it sucks alot for me.... cause i only used recolor at the begining to get the based color... than i did all... like i said.. i only used filters... 2 times... and its only for the wings... *Cause i showed a Wip on Msn to Hawkwing and he told me filters wasnt aloud* so i did all the rest with my own skills... if you dont belive me... than too bad... but heres the technique i used..*Again*
Filter.jpg

If you still think i *CHeated* for some reasons... than... i can't do anything... and will show WIP.. next competition.. so people will see.... that i'm not the kind of guy that.. take it easy..

75% your saying... if i did all the *filters* and all the fire and lava effect on the weapond and on the armor and the cracks on the horns and on the claws.. also the face... .. so if i only took 25% of recolor = took 5 minutes to recolor to make the based color i needed.. instead of like more than 4 hours to make the rest... of the body

than 75% i think i did respect it...so Mother fucker? i think its abit rought to say even if your drunk... but anyway... it maked me smile ^^

and like i said i didnt really finished it.. (98%) i was reffering to the scale on his chest and on his tale.. that i need to free-hand (supposed to be like fire) like on the top of the chest... and some more armor work.. cause due to the time.. i only added lava cracks.. and stuff.. instead of redesigning the armor and than and those stuff..

Level 7
Sansui said:
I think certain staff here are a little slow, and I mean slow as in mentally slow.(seeing as how I need to clarify everything I guess.)
I agree 100% with you . Bad organization... why Werewulf didn't "approve" his skin for the competition and kick him before she make the poll ? At Mini-game contest to, Bob starts a contest but he forget to finish him . anyway I want Mr. Goblin to win ! Mr. Goblin FTW !

too bad... at least people love my skin... and its not THAT bad... cause i know that i didnt used filters... but anyway...

better luck next time... and will show Wip .. so i wont get disqualified... at the end...

Edit: Btw Dionesiits ... you are not really respectfull with other members.. on this poll.. . cause i did all the *supposed* filters... free-handed... so you might consider that my possition right now those sucks alot... so no need to tell anyone that i CHEATED and that i'm a NOOB...etc.. when i'm already disqualified...... speacially when i have 28 vote on my side and you didnt get the half of it... so please... respect the other member *again*

to hide your shit.

Level 45
I wanted a nice discussion, no yelling, abused or anything negative. I simply wanted your gentle opinions and I wanted to inform you people instead of going behind your back with you all drizzling with your whining.

Mr. Goblin will be disqualified as his texture only appears to have 25-40% or so freehand which does not follow with the rules. Don't like that I'm disqualifying him then too bad so sad, think im stupid for not doing it before? Oh no.. its rather fun this way...trust me....Because Im making a good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.