• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #9 Poll

Who do you vote for to win the texture contest?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
Texturing Competition #9 Poll

Contest Theme: Fiery Demonic/Fire

Each contestant was to create a Demonic/Fire texture, they fought well and brought their creations to life, now its for you to decide who will win this vigorous battle.

Dionesiist's Submission

CombattheWombat's Submission

AntoMarc's Submission

Denu's Submission

Mr.Goblin's Submission

FamousPker49's Submission

Communist_Orc's Submission

Hawkwing's Submission

Sansui's Submission

Contest Rules And Conditions

1. Model must be existing in Warcraft 3 already.
  2. No model edits are allowed.
  3. To qualify, you must post your finished skin's .blp file
    • Rule 3a. This finished skin must be submitted before the deadline
  4. You must make an original texture for this competition
    • No using skins started/made before the start of the contest
  5. Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 1024 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 512, preferable 256 on equal dimension textures when submitted.
  6. Skin must be atleast 75% Freehand
  7. Along with the 75% freehand, the skin must ALSO follow the skin submission rules
Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
Prizes, Winnings, Booty & Bounty

• First Place: A custom award icon as well as 40 rep
  • Second Place: 25 rep. points
  • Third Place: 10 rep. points
If your entry is not shown then you didn't meet the requirements. Thanks Hawkwing for the list of entrants.

Last edited:
Level 34
Hey Werewulf why nobody told me before about this? I like the most Fel Orcs/Demons I should know about that earlier to post first :cgrin: ! I oculd wake up early and vote first!
Well okay for third place I would like communist's orc shaman, that's why I am dissapointed because he didn't made Fel Orc version..
For second place I would like that satanic thing from Denu.
And I for first place, I actually vote for him (because only one vote per person) is that Mr.Goblin Chaos version of Pit Lord ! Awesome work and it can be usefull for fel orcs and demons, so I vote for him

Level 9
I say sansui wins. he is the only one that made a proper non-demon into a proper demonic thingy.

goblin's is great, but making a demonic dude based on a demon, jest does not deserve a win.

Level 26
Denu has probably made WC3 modding history and created the basis of all metamorphed Demon Hunter skins.

But the theme of this contest was Fiery/Demonic, and he just looked like a red Demon. A very nice red demon, of course, but a few lava cracks here and there would have been nice.

My vote goes to FamousPker49 because his skin is very original and quite well played.

I am herby dropping out of this competition due to the fact that I forgot to turn the brightness backup on my computer, halfway through making my skin, and it fucked up the colours, making them too bright. Like gold to yellow, red to pink, etc. Because of this reason I'm obviously not going to get points in judging and I am not going to get any votes neither. Good luck, may the best man/woman win.

Level 7
I vote for Mr. Goblin awesome skin and great portrait , Denu skin for me its just a naked demon no offense no armor or something only muscles .

Level 7
I'd say Mr.Goblin, but he already has so much votes... o_O
So my second opinion goes to Dionesiist's texture, followed by Sansui's.

Level 9
I vote for Mr. Goblin awesome skin and great portrait , Denu skin for me its just a naked demon no offense no armor or something only muscles .

I'm voting for Denu just for the sheer epicness of his skin. also what AntoMarc said its alot more then a naked demon its a epic hellspawn lol jk :razz: nah but it would be alot harder then u expected to put armor on the skin the demon had to be very mono toned like Denu said in the skinning competition since the Wrap uses the arms for wings as well and the horns ect.

I'm voting for Mr. Goblin. Denu did an amazing job and was truly original. But it doesn't fit well with the theme and even then the quality is hindered by the model.

EDIT: I'm seeing a bit of recolor on the tail though... and the bottom... and the sword... Yeah, maybe I should have voted for Denu. Well, it reminded me of the boss from Devil May Cry so I guess that's a plus.

Level 45
All freehand I can notice is face and some claws which don't even show.

skins_2942_preview.jpg

Level 7
I voted for Sansui's submission because it looked so scary that i became nightmares of it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.