• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #7 - Holy/Angelic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally I didnt use burn, Its just I needed more contrast and I though burn would fix it. Well I redid the face, It was just a colorsheme problem and the eyebrows had a REALLY bad wrap so I just alpha'd um. When I set down the original colors for the face I was thinking that blue elephant from starwars and not draenei well the new one is alot better. Tentacle will be recolored too. Coments please. oh and ignore the unfinished mummy arm lol.

Attachments

• Face3.jpg
    Face3.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 172
  • OrcWarlock copy.jpg
    OrcWarlock copy.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 137
Level 18
It needs sharper shading, less burn used for it
Because it doesn't flow with the skin tone, it looks strange
Just take the normal skin tone, and move the color to a darker shade of that
And for the rest of the contest, I do not care what WoW-Wiki says
If a Blood Knight is a damn Paladin..it is one!
Any questions?

Level 18
Ok basically he has no face structure
Right now his face looks like a badly wrinkled blanket
Go look at some pictures of the Draenei and compare the faces
Do a face like they have and DO NOT CnP, you will be disqualified if you do

I have been looking at a draenei face... and do you think im dumb enough to cnp? Also keep in mind that this is going on an orc model... some things like the eye position, nose size, and lip size are uncontrollable... I had the nose pointy originally (look below the nose you can see where I changed it) but it does not wrap well. He has wrinkles because he is old.

Attachments

• Face4.jpg
    Face4.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Face5.jpg
    Face5.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 196
  • face6.jpg
    face6.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 215

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
ike, that yellow bit is a spot on the wrap under the shoulderplates. if you alpha the area i've drawn on in blue, it should get rid of it.

EDIT: Update! the cape is team colour. Not sure whether to keep it that way or not. The cloth is still very wip... the wrap on that part is tricky to say the least.

Attachments

• AlphaWardenExample.jpg
    AlphaWardenExample.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 166
  • BK3.jpg
    BK3.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 209
  • BKwrap3.jpg
    BKwrap3.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Level 18
Yea Darkholme basically showed what I've been trying to tell you this whole time Eziki
Anemic-looks sick as all hell, I absolutely love it
And ike, you better get some shading on that armor
Right now it looks pretty lame

Level 24
ike, that yellow bit is a spot on the wrap under the shoulderplates. if you alpha the area i've drawn on in blue, it should get rid of it.

EDIT: Update! the cape is team colour. Not sure whether to keep it that way or not. The cloth is still very wip... the wrap on that part is tricky to say the least.

wow. absolutely sick. awesome skin :O

Level 4
Exams are GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :xxd:

So i was like : now i must make that skin, BUT I HAVE NO INSPIRATION!
And then suddenly i was like : im gonna make a holy moonwarrior ^_^
Clothes are almost done, will post a WIP soon :smile:

EDIT: Here's the WIP, as you can see the only thing done are the clothes. (still gotta fix those white...things...though)

druidoftheclawel2.jpg

Last edited:
Level 17
Smudge dodge burn is useful, it just depends how you use it. and I usually brush and then use smudge to selectively blur bits together to make a gradual transition.

I know people frequently say dont smudge, but thats just because alot of people use it wrong. and as for burn and dodge, well, theyre really only useful if youre doing metal. and even then, you can get by without them. Multiply and Screen with brushes are more useful.

I'll be putting up another WIP soon. Redid the face completely. Looks much less skully. OK: Less evil skully.

Level 4
Smudge dodge burn is useful, it just depends how you use it. and I usually brush and then use smudge to selectively blur bits together to make a gradual transition.

I know people frequently say dont smudge, but thats just because alot of people use it wrong. and as for burn and dodge, well, theyre really only useful if youre doing metal. and even then, you can get by without them.
Only reason im not using them anymore is because Denu told me it will keep me from growing better. But what do you think of my WIP so far? And the idea?

Level 18
Shaman is a hard model to work with
Unless you incorporate something with the Wolf ears and teeth
Best to move onto something else if you don't have a crazy unique idea you can execute perfectly

And dome, it is filter, I have done something like that before
And if you DID use brushes there would not be such an overall likeliness to the whole part you "skinned"

Level 4
Shaman is a hard model to work with
Unless you incorporate something with the Wolf ears and teeth
Best to move onto something else if you don't have a crazy unique idea you can execute perfectly

And dome, it is filter, I have done something like that before
And if you DID use brushes there would not be such an overall likeliness to the whole part you "skinned"
I hate it when people dont believe me. I didnt touch a single filter, its brushed!
I made the brush myself! Seriously man :eekani:

Level 4
Of your skin... you DO know that the first thing you do is place an outline on part of skin? And you cant brush it up that easily and make it look the same... Also it really looks like you have used burn/dodge. And try resizing it to 256x256 and see how it looks...
I dont understand the outline thing, and the look thesame thing. And i did not use burn/dodge.
Dont you people know anything about blending options?

Level 17
I dont understand the outline thing, and the look thesame thing. And i did not use burn/dodge.
Dont you people know anything about blending options?

Blending options. Be more specific. Do you mean you made one piece and then had it copy and spread out ofver the area? or do you mean like, multiple, screen, darken, lighten, overlay.

As for the outline thing, alof of people cover the area with a solid color and then start drawing over the solid color.

Personally I rarely do that. Sometimes I do. It just depends on my mood. I usually just start drawing details on an empty layer over the original, and keep adding details on various layers until I have the original covered.

This time I did both.

And I think theyre referring to the fact that the fur has even brush strokes and it all goes in one direction, and the direction isnt the same as the direction of the clothes.

http://venator-somniorum.deviantart.com/art/Fur-Tutorial-36338777

Seriously though, they aren't that hard to find. Look up a tutorial yourself, and follow it for whatever youre trying to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.