• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #4 - Reskin the Chaos Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
My Blood Elf Model

Well this is my second wip

Attachments

• warriorman.jpg
    warriorman.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 244
  • Warrior.blp
    114.8 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Level 2
whoops just remembered I was gonna do something for this contest yesterday. Anyways, here's a WIP of what I've been working on.

Attachments

• WIPITGOOD.jpg
    WIPITGOOD.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 210
Level 12
I tried making something. But this model is just... bad for a contest. To be honest, I hate the damn thing.

Anyways, good luck to those who DID manage to do something creative and good.

Just skin it and quit whining you annoying little farts.

Please no more complaining. There is nothing wrong with the model.

Level 32
[off-topic]

Please no more complaining. There is nothing wrong with the model.
Agreed and seconded.

I checked out this model myself (and its associated texture file as well) before the contest began.

Skinning gladiators are now competing to re-skin the formidable Chaos Warrior!
  • Yeah: its formidable !
    • This contest is really separating the men from the boys. :spell_breaker:

Level 2
Well, here's my final submission: The Forest Warrior.

Attachments

• Final.jpg
    Final.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 542
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 430
  • Warrior.blp
    72.1 KB · Views: 121
Level 1
Pretty rusty from skinning....

I'm having problems with the wrapping. Would it be possible to get a wireframe wrap?

Really really early WIP goin for the 300 imortal look.

Attachments

• Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 287
Level 8
Finished!

Well, I'm finished, I think. Probablly won't have time to add anything else anyway. However, comments, suggestions, etc. would be much appreciated...

Anyway, here we go:

FINAL ENTRY
PIRATE MARAUDER

Attachments

• Pirate Marauder.BLP
    66.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Pirate Marauder.jpg
    Pirate Marauder.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 509
  • Screenie.jpg
    Screenie.jpg
    679.1 KB · Views: 544
Last edited:
Level 14
I sorta started working at the last moment. I dont know how but I just started and I got this far so I am going to try and make it by contest end. He is a gladiator type thingamabob. Since I have to submit a wip... here it is. Hopefully I will finnish in time. I am making good time so I might just do so.

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 241
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 298
  • Wrap.JPG
    Wrap.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 250
Funny how those whinging about the model being 'bad' are those who can't texture for shit. It doesn't follow War3 UVW geometry so you can't CNP chunks easily? That's a shame for you.

I did say I hated working on the model, but the original model and skin rock.

You have to admit it IS a bit limiting for a contest model. It's hard to get really creative (as in, using parts of the model for something else than it was supposed to be) on this model.
The model is made to be warrior, and that's what's annoying, it'll stay a "warrior". That and the lack of face. Which is by no way your fault, just the contest organiser(s).

My two cents, anyway.

Last edited:
Level 12
I did say I hated the model, but the original model and skin rock.

You have to admit it IS a bit limiting for a contest model. It's hard to get really creative (as in, using parts of the model for something else than it was supposed to be) on this model.
The model is made to be warrior, and that's what's annoying, it'll stay a "warrior". That and the lack of face. Which is by no way your fault, just the contest organiser(s).

My two cents, anyway.

This is not true in any way. There are many ways to change this model into something other than a warrior. Look at Dio's entry, it is something completely different and very creative. Mock's entry so far has changed it completely. People need to use their imagination and not look at something like, oh this has to be armor here, or this has to be a helmet. Skinning has almost endless possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.