• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #4 - Reskin the Chaos Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
well, scyth, it seems rather... chunky. The different parts of the skin don't seem to relate to each other. For example, I'm not really seeing a marriage of colors between the helmet, the chest armor, and the shoulders.

Level 14
I just got back from a 2 week vacation. I am not all that interested in this particular contest (I dont like the model based contests) and wulf stole my idea before it began buzzing around my lil brain!!! I would like to enter but I need to think of something first. Hmmmm... yes... they are begining to come to me...

P.S. Awsome skin wulf!

Level 10
I would like to enter but I need to think of something first. Hmmmm... yes... they are begining to come to me...

NOOO, He will steal the competition from us again... must eliminate the competition.... by any means nesscary...

Or not.

Anyway on topic:

Scyth to me it looks like you just made a little chainmail and CnP'd it around your skin, the chainmail on the leg looks exactly like the chest only smaller. And many variations of the chainmail look exactly the same, which looks like CnP.

Im not crazy about Silver chainmail, Gold Shoulder pads and a Bronze helmet since they dont really fit together...

But thats just me..

Level 21
Here's another wip... too lazy to put a screen shot of the skin on the model :p. Yeah, I know, I added a filtered version under the actual skin (which I made transparent in areas I desired)

Attachments

• Warrior3.jpg
    Warrior3.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 188
Level 19
NOOO, He will steal the competition from us again... must eliminate the competition.... by any means nesscary...

Or not.

Anyway on topic:

Scyth to me it looks like you just made a little chainmail and CnP'd it around your skin, the chainmail on the leg looks exactly like the chest only smaller. And many variations of the chainmail look exactly the same, which looks like CnP.

Im not crazy about Silver chainmail, Gold Shoulder pads and a Bronze helmet since they dont really fit together...

But thats just me..

IT'S NOT CNP I worked very hard to make the entire body chanimail so don't give me that CnP crap. If you would've actually tried the skin in-game you would have found that those little chunks you find in the war 3 viewer screenshot, is actually just the crappy layout of a skin Whitehorn made, don't blame me for his rather awkward positioning and such. Not my problem, and not my fault.

Level 45
IT'S NOT CNP I worked very hard to make the entire body chanimail so don't give me that CnP crap. If you would've actually tried the skin in-game you would have found that those little chunks you find in the war 3 viewer screenshot, is actually just the crappy layout of a skin Whitehorn made, don't blame me for his rather awkward positioning and such. Not my problem, and not my fault.

If you read he said LOOKS LIKE CNP, not it is or did he accuse you. In terms he means you havnt balanced the parts you edited, it needs proper shading to balance them so it all looks as one and not out of place or in uneven pieces.

EDIT: I also suggest you dont use that tut as it does not keep balance. Drawing zig zags on a circle then adding proper shading over it still ruins the balance and 3d illusion.

If you can't take crit then don't ask for it.

And dio, hold your tongue and watch how you talk to people.

Level 2
I think I'll enter, although I'm not exactly the best skinner in the world. I'm considering doing some kind of Hellgate templar-esque thing, but I'm still making my mind up.

Last edited:
Level 14
I cant settle on anything :( This is why I dont like model based skinning contests. I can never find a concept that is to my liking.

This is just my rambling mind going from idea to idea. I want to do some sort of undead warrior.

Attachments

• ss0000.jpg
    ss0000.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 308
  • ChaosWarriorWrap.JPG
    ChaosWarriorWrap.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 228
Level 8
Entries are looking pretty good for most *cough, cough* of you. I just started mine, but I wanted to post my ideas now, as two of my plans have been taken already by other competitors. So... going for some kind of piratey raider kinda guy with turtleshell shoulderpads hopefully. The unwrap on the pads is kinda weird in my opinion, but I'll keep working on it and see what I can have done by tomorrow. Anyway, good luck all!

I have to be honest here, most, if not all of the entries except Dio's should be burned. Most of these are just plain stupid ideas. (Construction sign warrior? Rainbow men? Wtf are you thinking?).

True, but the construction sign warrior and the rainbow men were all made by just one person.

Level 8
WIP: Pirate Marauder

Not sure if I will stick to this idea, but I really like the turtleshell shoulderpads and how they turned out. Everything else is just blah. Not terrible but not crazy good either. Anyway, enjoy!

Attachments

• ChaosShot.jpg
    ChaosShot.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 204
Level 10
Hideous Monster

Behold my skin WIP. The hideous monster... I know what some of you might say as to i am in the same category with supa, monsters and such. But if you look, i posted earlier then he did about planning to make a monster skin.

Anyway, Supa-'s is good, so im aiming to atleast beat him, which wont be easy.

Some WIP:

Working on the chest and back... might start on the face soon.

Sorry for no ingame screenies, but i recently un-installed wc3 for some reasons. I plan to re-install it soon. I dont know how to see the skin with the model in the model viewer... (Could someone possibly show me how?)

So what do you guys think so far.

Attachments

• Hideous Monster.jpg
    Hideous Monster.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 189
Status
Not open for further replies.