• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #4 - Reskin the Chaos Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Keep in mind, Arab, though, that this does not necessarily mean that the idea of your skin being ripped off is amusing to me... :grin:
It is to me.
Har har real funny Spacebar
Glad to see there's always that one asshole in every thread
And..OH you won that award here
Gd2kno
Ok, but is my skin good so far?
It would have been better to judge if we saw its progress in game, but yeah. It's lookin nice so far.

Level 10
Update, more WIP. Gave it some more wounds and gore features on the chest and back, touched up the edges. Started work on the face, finished most of the mouth and shin. Planning to start eyes soon. Im still deciding on putting a helmet over him that covers his eyes and rest of his head, or just a gorey face.

Anyway, i finished most of the armor yesturday after a few hours of work. And finished the face today.

At first i thought about dumping the armor idea and going for something more dark, more like rusty chains. Then i got an idea of a undeadish guardian thing. And it fits the mort flesh.

I might change the armor into some black dark rusty chains. But im still thinking about it.

I put a little blood/puss oozing from the infected wound near his hips/crotch. Thinking about adding more blood splatter. to the armor.

Anyway, more WIP:

Attachments

• Forsaken Guardian.jpg
    Forsaken Guardian.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 202
  • Forsaken Guardian Wrap.jpg
    Forsaken Guardian Wrap.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 388
Level 10
Forsaken Guardian

Another WIP of my Forsaken Guardian.

Added some puss wounds, finished the face and most of the armor. As well as some bloody horns. All thats left is the arm and axe. Added more details to the chest.

What a hansom fellow...

Is it good so far? I thought the eyes might need to be changed. Maybe a tad smaller. Or just give him a damn helmet and cover the eyes. Not sure. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• Forsaken Guardian.jpg
    Forsaken Guardian.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 181
  • Forsaken Guardian Wrap.jpg
    Forsaken Guardian Wrap.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 405
Level 10
And it still sucks. Arab, yours is pure CnP. I don't know from where, neither do I care.

Mine isnt CnP. (Well a part or two might be repeated)

And why are you suddenly hurling boulders at everyone? Did you have a rough day or something? It might not be good, but you dont have to put him down so hard. Try giving him advise instead.

War3 dont just change the color of what ever, the teeth for example you made by yourself. So you can consider that right. But you cant just paint the skin and armor a different color. YOu have to actually replace it with something.

Level 8
And it still sucks. Arab, yours is pure CnP. I don't know from where, neither do I care.

Sorry Arab, but I have to agree with Dio on this one. Based on the quality and inventiveness of your previous skins, I just can't really see you making this skin on your own, from scratch. Now, if, somehow, your really DID make this skin on your own, you have my most humble apologies; if, however, Dio's and my suspicions are correct, be sure that action will be taken. I'll be looking into it...

Last edited:
Level 10
Sorry Arab, but I have to agree with Dio on this one. Based on the quality and inventiveness of your previous skins, I just can't really see you making this skin on your own, from scratch. Now, if, somehow, your really DID make this skin on your own, you have my most humble apologies; if, however, Dio's and my suspicions are correct, be sure that action will be taken. I'll be looking into it...

Ok if you guys want to look into it. Then ill prove it. Ask me to add any detailed feature to him (Wound with heart showing...bone popping out of arm. What ever)

But dont ask for something like "Give it 13 heads then delete your skin and redo the skin and make it something completly different."

I dont see how its that good anyway... infact alot of the detailed parts are made using the Burn tool. (Call it unproffesional, i know)

Level 21
attachment.php

attachment.php

I too think this skin is pirated. Also, I don't know why you scribbled on it a bit to look like stitches, but the quality of your free hand compared to your rip are very, very apart. Another thing would be that your last skin, and the only skin we've seen since this one, really wasn't that good at all. I don't mean to be offending you, but it's pretty clear that you most likely did not make this.

Level 10
bleh, i give up on arguing. Majority wins. Ill be sure to like post a video of me making the skin next time so people cant accuse me of anything. My trial of photoshop is a day from finishing anyway. Ill be sure to make a pwnage skin one day and show step by step screenshots to prove you people wrong some day.

Off topic: Did you make that model thing on your avatar? The animation is nice. (Link?)

Ya, he did. I think he put more stuff of it on DA and on YT.

Besides, people can improve a lot. Like before, my draons sucked, but after I copied a few and read a couple of good tutorials, I got much better. My first icons won second on my first competition. And nobody thought they were ripped or anythng.

Don't worry Arab, I'm with you on this one.

Level 26
Here's a tip, guys. Why don't you accept his offer instead of acting like he never said it and continuing to say "lol i tink u stolz it"?
Ok if you guys want to look into it. Then ill prove it. Ask me to add any detailed feature to him (Wound with heart showing...bone popping out of arm. What ever)

But dont ask for something like "Give it 13 heads then delete your skin and redo the skin and make it something completly different."

I dont see how its that good anyway... infact alot of the detailed parts are made using the Burn tool. (Call it unproffesional, i know)

Level 10
I stopped checking this thread, and then saw that people are still talking over the skin.

I want to make this absloutly clear in a polite way, for the people who are still accusing me of my skin being copied, you win, i resign. (No, this does not mean i admit that my skin is fraud). I dont find it worth it anymore. I also lost interest (Trying out terraining Lolz). Stop tormenting me and my skin, and get back to your own. Stop worrying about me and worry about winning the competition. I have seen some very well done skins so far, i am pleased with the skins. However i am not pleased with some people, who shall remain nameless. For those of you who supposdly stood on my side, thank you, but your help is not nesscary. For those of you who continue arguing, get back to your own skins and your competition.

For those of you who STILL dont understand me:

I quit, you win. Stop talking about it and get back to your competition.
(I repeat, No, i do not admit that my skin is fake.)

I dont find that its worth it anymore, some alpha skinning gone wrong f-cked up my horns anyway. Which needs fixing.

I am not going to reply about this topic anymore, so dont waste your breath (err...fingers) on it.

I repeat myself, i will not repeat myself anymore (Does that count as an Oxy moron or what ever they are called?)

I hope this has cleared up everything. Do not respond to what i have just said, and get back to your skins.

Sorry i just want to make sure you saw what i said. DO NOT RESPOND TO WHAT I HAVE SAID, i am done arguing.

I look forward to seeing your skins being made. I know what you are going to think, "he's just covering up the fact that his skin is CnP". In the next competition, i will come back, make another skin and post detailed WIP's. And ultimatly prove you wrong.

And for the record, i dont think my skin is so much better than my past skins that it can be considered CnP. I dont really see what you people see in it. (I dont think i would've won this one anyway XD)

So please, just get back to your competition, and leave me to practice my terraining (I got a taste for it, Lolz)

Status
Not open for further replies.