• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #14 - Dionesiist's Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
The Hive Workshop

attachment.php

Texturing Competition #14

Contest Model: Dionesiist's Model

Each contestant must make a custom skin for this model.

Contest Rules And Conditions

1. No model edits are allowed.

2. To qualify, you must post your finished skin's .blp file as well as an ingame shot

• Rule 3a. This finished skin must be submitted before the deadline

3. You must make an original texture for this competition
    • No using skins started/made before the start of the contest

4. Textures must be no larger than 512 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in something smaller (or higher), but they must be resized back to 512 when submitted. Squishing the size of the skin down to 256 is a grand idea though, saves space in maps.

5. Skin must be at least 75% Freehand

6. Along with the 75% freehand, the skin must ALSO follow the skin submission rules

Contest Judging And Voting
  • 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).

• 50% of the decision of who wins, shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Prizes, Winnings, Booty & Bounty

• First Place: A custom award icon as well as 40 rep
  • Second Place: 25 rep. points
  • Third Place: 10 rep. points

Contest Dates And Deadline

Each skin must be complete and submitted before the deadline expires. All submissions willl be looked at carefully to make sure all of it is original work.

The contest shall begin on June 23 2009 and conclude on

July 20 2009 12:00 AM, (GMT).​

Attachments

• Dio's Model.jpg
    Dio's Model.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,563
  • Hero.zip
    146 KB · Views: 213
Level 18
Well..I can't rename the whole damn thread
ANYWAYS, time to liven things up, I'm stuck..the teeths aren't wrapping right
AND NO I AM NOT PARTICIPATING, I'm doing a skin of the model as well on the side.

Attachments

• ss0001.JPG
    ss0001.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 380
Hum i might give a try!, i'm calling for a demon king :D kind of dude.. but yeah you can all do it if you want lol cause i'm shure my idea is far from yours anyawy.

P.S (I hate you THE_END, i have so much things to do already, lol you just gave me an other thing to do :p)

:3

<3

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Bring it, punk >:D

By the by, I'm using 1024*1024 resolution and resizing to 256*256 due to the fiddly nature of the wrap. Also, about the gaping hole in the back, you can fix it yourselves pretty easily by going into the chest material in Magos and making both layers double-sided :)

A.R.

Skin Reviewer
Level 25
Open the model in Magos, go Windows->Material Manager. Hold Control and left click on the chest to highlight the material you're after. Double click the highlighted material, which should have two material layers (one containing the texture ReplaceableID1 - the texture used in Team Colour - and the other Hero.blp in this case). Go into each of these layers and tick the option that says TwoSided under Flags at the bottom left. This will fix the hole in the chest :)

Level 14
MOUHhaha, so it will be again a competition Against Texture Rivals :D

Every competition I have the chance to be Vs you guys :D

Denu, A.R and Dionessis

I will most likely just be watching this one from the sidelines. My naga skin still aint 100% complete anyways. Gotta finnish things allready started before I consider skinning something else.

Good luck to everyone who will be duking it out :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.