• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #10 POLL

Who made the best submission?

• [url=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/832561-post350.html]Just_Spectating[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Rising_Dusk, Hawkwing, please do something about this!

[*]You can not vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
Hmm... there are 4 solutions how we can work this out, Dio voting for himself is unnaceptable

A) ''The vote won't be counted'' then it would be 122 votes together, and 11 votes for Dio, which makes different results:

FrIkY: (34/122)*50 + 37 = 50.93
Dionesiist: (11/122)*50 + 46 = 50.50
A.R.: (26/122)*50 + 39 = 49.65
Mr.Goblin: (35/122)*50 + 22 = 36.34

B) ''It may result in the disqualification''

1. FrIkY
2. A.R.
3. Mr. Goblin

C) ''Dionesiist acidently voted for himself, but he was trying to vote for A.R.'' this leads to another result, 123 votes, 27 for A.R., 11 for Dionesiist :

FrIkY: (34/123)*50 + 37 = 50,82
Dionesiist: (11/123)*50 + 46 = 50.47
A.R.: (27/123)*50 + 39 = 49.97
Mr. Goblin: (35/123)*50 + 22 = 36.22

D) ''Dionesiist acidently voted for himself, but he was trying to vote for FamousPker49''why FamousPker49 or A.R.? Because they are standing next to Dionesiist (on the Poll)... another result, 123 votes, 26 for A.R., 11 for Dionesiist :

FrIkY: (34/123)*50 + 37 = 50,82
Dionesiist: (11/123)*50 + 46 = 50.47
A.R.: (26/123)*50 + 39 = 49.56
Mr. Goblin: (35/123)*50 + 22 = 36.22

.............................................................................................................

Tell me if I'm wrong somewhere!
1 thing that is correct! Votes can't be like they are right now, A, B, C or D must be chosen... otherwise, it would be cheating and unfair for others... sorry Dio, but that's how it is... :(

P.S. maybe that's the grotesque lack of luck you were talking about... :(

Level 14
Artists have a tendency to vote for someone they know won't win particularly so they won't be helping their strongest rival in the contest. Anyways, this is up to Hawkwing to decide as he knows best the situation.

If we factor Dio's voting for himself, the following four cases arise:

Dion:

FriK:
50.931st

Dion:
50.871st

FriK:

Dion:

FriK:
52.891st

Dion:

FriK:
52.741st
Technically, Dio's vote shouldn't count since it is against the rules to vote for yourself. By that logic, it would make FrIkY the winner no matter what the choice is for Goblin's votes. If I were in charge, that would make FrIkY the undisputed winner of the competition.

Mr.Goblins votes should and will count. It's not his fault that he got the "unreasonable" amount of votes. It's my fault for suspecting him of foul play in the first place.

As for Dion voting for himself. It all depends when he voted. If he had voted after judging began the poll should have been closed. That is again my fault. In that case Dio's vote would have never happened. If it was before judging he would have been disqualified.

If anybody knows when he did please tell me.

Level 34
Level 14
Hawkwing said:
As for Dion voting for himself. It all depends when he voted. If he had voted after judging began the poll should have been closed. That is again my fault. In that case Dio's vote would have never happened. If it was before judging he would have been disqualified.
He voted prior to judging. Judging began at 123 votes, and Dio's vote was certainly within that 123.

We managed to prove without a doubt at wc3c that a large part of FrIkY's textures submitted to wc3c are CnP by combined effort from AnemicRoyalty, our art director, and Denu. This wouldn't normally be a problem in small quantities, but the bad part is that he lied about it. I would be highly suspect that he may have done a similar thing for this texture with this 'reference'.

I am going to put this out there as a test of faith, Friky. If you seriously, honestly, and truly crafted this texture from scratch, I want to see the WIPs DURING the development of the areas. I checked your WIP progress here to here and there is no development of parts, only final products of sections of the texture. Especially considering your freehand talent as seen here, I find it hard to believe you could output this in whole of your own effort. Your 'tweaks' as the texture developed were very low in quality compared to the base texture, which makes it highly suspect to me.

I accept the possibility that I am wrong in this accusation, and I invite you to please prove me wrong. Please recreate for me the steps showing the painting and composition development of the chest and shoulders of the texture. That includes color splotching and the freehanding that you used, shown in individual images, whatever techniques may have been used. If you truly did not CnP, this will be an easy task worthy of a small portion of your time, and I look forward to being proved incorrect.

Last edited:
Level 34
Ohoh oh... now, where should I start from?...

First of all, I must say to you Rising that you're wrong... this (sorceress) is not CnP, if it was, I wouldn't even join the contest. Okay, so, why is there a difference between my first submission (Jaina) and this (Sorceress)?
It's because because:

1. Jaina wasn't a good choice of a model
2. Jaina wasn't even near the end, who knows what would I add to her if I finished it...
3. With Jaina, I didn't know about that ''Sharpen'' filter, until then I was using tool ''Sharpen'' which is different (Sharpen filter is much better then tool)
4. With Jaina, main tools were Burn/Dodge... while Sorceress was Air/Paint Brush (but I also used some Burn/Dodge)
5. Jaina was a bad choice of a model (did I already mentioned that?)

Weird, but true... references makes it easier for me to make a skin, while lookin' at a good piece of art, I also try to make a good piece of art.
So, that's also a reason why Jaina was kinda ''weird'', my ideas suck... :(

Second, ''Holy Knight'' and ''Arch druid'' have nothing to do with this contest, so...... we will discuss about it later... okay?

Third, proving that it is a freehand? Well, I could do it, ofc. But it would take some time, because this week I have to study a lot for school... I got 2 exams this week and... ufff... I don't know how to say it on English... literally if you translate it from Croatian word to English it would be ''Ask orally''...
Maybe better if I say... ''Oral exam''? I hope you know what I mean... I have ''Oral exams'' this week... :S
Well, it doesn't matter really... the point is, I can't make it this week... I'm kinda bussy and there's also one little problem...

Look for yourself, I promised to make icon requests by the end of this week...
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f341/request-wanting-matching-icon-here-99365/index3.html#post885422

So doing 2 things at the time, (study for school and make skin) won't turn out good... but I will try to see what I can do, maybe I manage to do both...

So, you want me to make chest and shoulders, as a proof of freehanding?

EDIT: drama, drama, drama... and more drama... it's curse, really... every THW contest has some kind of a drama...
I hate dramas... :'(

Level 14
FrIkY said:
So, you want me to make chest and shoulders, as a proof of freehanding?
It isn't the end result of this I care about, it's the process. I want to see your process, I want to see how you crafted the piece, not what you crafted. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes of your time, and to defend your honor? Worth every second, I dare say. If you had the time to type that long and overall fruitless response, you have the time to do what I ask.

I apologize, but your explanation really falls on deaf ears. Please prove what you say, that's the only way this will work out. I want to believe you here, but really, it's far too close for me to do so. There are parts that are twisted and wrapped to the model that even I could do to similar effect; that concerns me a great deal. As I said, I expect that if what you say is true, proving it would be a trivial task.

Can someone check if it's even possible to edit the reference to fit on the skin?

Obviously he's not going to come back in a while.

Also, the fact he's not defending himself properly, with concise WiPs and proof (which would take at worst 30 seconds of his time) almost guarantees he's cheated. This is something that would be easy to defend, if you weren't lying.

Level 14
WILLTHEALMIGHTY said:
Can someone check if it's even possible to edit the reference to fit on the skin?
Check how certain parts of the texture are much sharper than other parts. If that isn't stretch by resizing I don't know what is. You can tell clearly where he smudged the cloth, since there was no reference material to CnP. It's obviously lower quality than the rest of the texture too. Such a fierce dichotomy of skill and technique in a single texture screams CnP, and far more of it than the 25% limit listed in the contest rules.

I want to be proven wrong, but I have the distinct feeling I won't ever be.

Hawkwing said:
My interest in moderating this forum is slowly going away with all this chaos.
You had to have at least expected this coming into the job. It'd be naive to expect otherwise.

Level 14
Mr.Goblin said:
>< well for shure we have to add rules to the next competition like.. show at least .. 2 Wip of your texture... or like what ever other rules that may help this to not happen again...
There are already rules requiring contestants to show WIPs, but there are no current conditions placed upon the presentation or contents of said WIPs. The problem with placing rules upon the WIPs is that people have different work-flows, so rules would impede them being able to work normally. Stuff like this really needs to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

There are already rules requiring contestants to show WIPs, but there are no current conditions placed upon the presentation or contents of said WIPs.

I'll look into that.

Me and Rising_Dusk just talked and we decided what we'd do with the chaos that has developed throughout the course of this contest. FrIkY has been disqualified for inability to be able to provide evidence that his entry followed all the written rules. Dionesiist's vote was removed because he voted for himself, which is against the contest rules. Dionesiist's vote broke the rule, thus his vote was removed. FrIkY's entry broke the rules, thus it was removed.

And the winners are...

1st Place - Dionesiist
2nd Place - AnemicRoyalty
3rd Place - ike_ike

Level 14
Arch Druid (Furion skin) - Wc3campaigns
Human Paladin (Arthas skin) - Wc3campaigns

Erwt and Anaemic think he did two CnP submissions at WC3C. Erwt and Anaemic know their shizzle, so blargh. Kinda of sad to see someone being so lame, and so many people voting for it and thus having wasted votes; an instant run off voting system could well have produced a different outcome.

Then again, all voting is crap, and this is just another example of that.

Anyway, congrats to the winners!

Level 4
Damned shame considering the majority of other textures (especially the ones that made it at the top) were really sucky. Guess that's the way the wind blows, CNP or sucky.

Damned shame considering the majority of other textures (especially the ones that made it at the top) were really sucky. Guess that's the way the wind blows, CNP or sucky.

really i must report that answer cause its a total disrespect to the members that made those AWSOME (yeah you read it!!) textures...

:thumbs_down:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
There is absolutely nothing wrong with stating an opinion. To me, a lot of the textures look poorly done and could use several more hours worth of work. The one that was the best, ended up not being work at all as the better parts of it were just CNP.

Level 14
It is one thing to state an opinion. It is another thing to state an opinion that could be insulting to others. In which case you should at least back up your opinion with an explanation. What specifically do you not like about the textures? What exactly do you think should be changed? But that is beside the point. You didn't say that you disliked them as you would if you were voicing your opinion. You said that they were sucky. That's an insult.

Level 4
If you are going to harp on me for stating an opinion without justification, what about all the "delightful" comments that are simply the "good jobs" or "I like it a lot"?

Slightly controversial there...

Level 14
I can't think of any person that revokes unfounded compliments, whereas I can guarantee everyone with a sense of dignity will call out unfounded insults. Funny how that works out, you'd think people liked being complimented or something. Didn't see that one coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.