• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texture transparency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
hello buys...i got a problm about alpha channel

i want to hide some parts of a model, i think it's a easy way by setting the alpha to 0. but it become custom color area when rendering.

it seems the model has the info to select the rendering mode between blending and transparent...i really get confused...

can anyone tell me how to do it?

Level 8
i guess (again) there r 2 kinds of base color: team color and no color, and the info which parts use what base color is set in the model data.

look at this spell breaker's shield as an example
sb-shield.jpg

it has two part, one red one green, its alpha channel at the right side. notice the black area of alpha, when rendering, it's invisible in the red part, but team color in the geen part. now i understand why the shield has to be seperated into 2 parts, cause they use different based color.

so i think there's noway to alpha out a part if it use team color as its base color. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.