• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Tested the gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Today RaiN., a roomm8 of RaiN and I just played the map a bit for fun and didn't really found a single bug! W00t!!!
RaiN. took the role as a Rune Warrior tank, his friend became a Sage damage dealer and I became a healing Rune Warrior (because the Chanter isn't done yet:()
We played it for like 45min and enjoyed our own map alot!:D
Ofc.. we used alot of our own test cheats to blink around the entire map and get instant gear. But apart from that, the gameplay was kind of fine.. We did a bossfight together (with the right gear so we werent overpowered) and after that we did some AoE grinding and even tried to kill the big Bloodbane boss while that didn't work out that well.

Just wanted to inform that this really inspired me alot to work 24/7 on this project while I've got my holiday now.

W00t!

Oh and we're soon posting a small youtube video of a part of our replay from today.

Level 1
Great to know some project hosts stay dedicated and still have motivation to work!

You know there still is quite a big amount of rpg lovers enjoying the great orpg maps such as tkok, gaia and TBR. I am pretty sure and totally hope that Oakwood will accomplish same kind of success and bring something new. :)

Level 19
I know TKoK a littlebit and RaiN. knows it very good (He's basically a coder of TKoK as well, but just doesn't have to do anything for the project anymore because its kinda finished). I personally think we can make this ORPG flawless and 'beat up TKoK'. RaiN. is a very big TKoK fan so I'm not sure if he's convinced about this. But I really believe we can do this.
I don't really like TBR at all, I think it's a bad ORPG so nuff said about that. Gaia hmm.. could be better aswell..

So I got some respect for TKoK but I really think this ORPG can become better!:)

Level 1
Well that is good to hear that you really believe in the project. :)

I've been following the developement progress of Oakwood Forest and I hope and believe that this really could be the next big thing.

So im looking forward and keeping my thumbs up for you. (y)

Level 8
Why does it look like you're talkin to yourself ? Did someone delete his post or am I not seeing someones post ?

Level 19
Hahaha...
Purja said 2 things.. but he got banned apperantly.
He was talking about TKoK and Gaia ORPG and stuff.
That Oakwood could become a nice addition to the wc3 orpg's.

Level 11
well the good news is the beta7 which completes the 3.0.4 patch fully, is now released.

Muarki is now available making 3.0.4 contain 5 new bosses in the massive AOT

Level 19
well the good news is the beta7 which completes the 3.0.4 patch fully, is now released.

Muarki is now available making 3.0.4 contain 5 new bosses in the massive AOT

Suppose you're from one of the orpg's I mentioned?

Level 19
The Team Leader / Main coder of TKoK (Crimson Creations)

Ahh I see!
Well cool map you've got! It has some really cool bossfights as far as I've seen on youtube. Not that I actually played one myself.:p

I think TKoK is the only good orpg that's online atm. But soon when Oakwood is ready, I'm sure there will be atleast 2 good online orpg's.;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.